2015 PNG INDIANS

Not sure if anyone has already mentioned this but I'm looking forward to seeing Keynel McZeal take the next step in his development. He has BCS school potential with his size and pretty good speed. Once he becomes more consistent I think he'll be a monster and could become one of the better WRs in the state.

Him and a hopefully healthy Jack Giblin is gonna be a scary duo at WR for Morse to throw to

That trio (Morse, Giblin and McZeal) are part of that "lack of talent" over here at the Rez.
Outside of WOS and Clear Lake fans the rest of the area really don't know much about Giblin due to the injury. All I gotta say is "GET READY". Those two will be a matchup nightmare and have a legitimate QB to get them the ball. You add Sullivan who finished third in the district in receiving yards last year (most of that in the second half of the year) to that mix and it has potential to be the best WR corp in the state at the 5A level. Runnels impressed me in the backfield this year. Reminds me of Harmon. Bigger back than Bertrand and Halfin. And Cropper can get carries and line up in the slot or at HBack. I see all sorts of variations with Giblin, Mczeal, Sullivan, Cropper and even Runnels at HBack. BF should have fun mixing up the formations and creating great match ups.

But, until you can stop somebody, it doesn't matter. Putting up video game numbers on one side of the ball just gives you a bunch of offensive records and a first round exit. They need to put some of the better players on defense. Be a little more balanced as a team. When the O has to play perfect, then what happened against Dayton last year will continue to be that Achilles heel. My humbled opinion. 7-7 though, looking for a big run.

Defense was not bad last year (not Crosby good). Needs to improve to go far in December, but the McBride suprise had a bigger factor in the Dayton game. It happened twice last year. WOS with Johnson and Dayton with McBride where an outstanding athlete stepped in at QB and gave PNG fits. PNG will have to get better against the dual threat QBs. Four losses all four against dual threat Athletes at QB (Johnson, Seay, Jaquet, McBride).
PNG also needs to win the close games. All four losses by a TD or less. All wins, blowouts.

McZeal is the real dea and I agree he has some big opportunities ahead of him. The biggest asset for him is the pass happy offense and one of the better young QB's to come through here in a long time. Look for big things next season. There are some great pieces returning next season on defense that most probably don't realize. Look for big things from junior to be Lejune and Valetine and Langston who will be seniors. We have one guy you may remember named Rembrant coming back for his 4th season as a starter at linebacker. Our defense should be a couple of steps better than last season. We have alot of senior leadership returning from last years playoff team. I like our chances at the DC and a playoff run. I like our chances of winning against our neighbors across the trinity.

There's two teams you won't match up well with on this side and depends on how Dayton does replacing Mcbride, could be three. Like I told my buddy before the Dayton PNG game last year. I think you guys would be better off running it right at them and not getting in a shootout, they seem to make 1 more play than you do. Only time will tell. Hopefully Annaboli has a good season, one of the last ones over there that I coached.

Seems to me that PNG has been all about QB #s and has achieved those records.

However, they don't win the ones that count nor make the plays when it counts.

what is Fairclothes record over there?

IMO the reason they got smoked at the state level in 7/7 is they can't man up to the skills set other teams throw at them. WOS Central, etc...

Seems to me that PNG has been all about QB #s and has achieved those records.

However, they don't win the ones that count nor make the plays when it counts.

what is Fairclothes record over there?

IMO the reason they got smoked at the state level in 7/7 is they can't man up to the skills set other teams throw at them. WOS Central, etc...

Were you there watching them at the state 7/7 tournament? I was, and I watched every game, and I surely don't remember them getting smoked.

I was referring to wins. How many games did they win?

Refering to wins and stating they got smoked are two entirly different things! You would also have to take things like injuries into account, which they had several, including one to the starting QB in which he was only about 70% for the first game and a half or so and then had to sit out the remainder of the tournament. The point is, do you know all the circumstances? One more thing, a whole bunch of other teams did not even make it that far!