sport writters across the state with red faces

skipper

Travon Fuller from Athens 2016 is a ball hawk all ready commited to A&M (for now) . The kid has about 17 ints over 3 years. last year He blocked 17 extra points and 4 field goals , was named all state 2nd team corner on associated press and 1st team corner and all state special teams player on the txsw all state team . this year was 8-4A district MVP playing slot /cornerback 73 carries 1,000 yrds 17tds and 15 rec 250 yards 3 tds , 7 picks with 54 tackles and 3 caused fumbles and 4 recovered . Kid is 6'0 155 skinny as a rail but he is a player and is not afraid of delivering a blow always around the ball . Sumlin better hope he can keep him , he is a game changer imo . Named honarable mention all state at corner and running back .

Let me rephrase. I watched him play on Fridays just like I watched someone who has made 3 consecutive Pro Bowls. At this point, Deionte is better. If there is someone better, God bless them. Also, being Nick Saban's first offer in this class speaks volumes to me...

DT is a special player, he's the best player I've seen to maybe come thru WOS football program. (I'm a 80's baby so let me make that clear). I've had great pleasure to watch this kid since little league football , middle school, to high school become one of the best players in the country. Im saying this because I'm not a outsider looking in. I got to see daily whats most only seen on Friday Nights, Flim, & Hightlights. I was at every practice except 4 (The funny thing about this is that.,I missed 2 practices in a row late in the season, & the 3rd day I showed up. Coach T walk past me & said Kent i been checking role call the last 2 days & u was absent) So I've seen this kid practice where great players are made. He practice how he plays & it showed plus he never takes plays off & I'm talking bout practice! (in my Allen Iverson voice). But what most don't know he's a student of the game as well. Oneday in practice they was running goal line defense against the scout team. I seen where he made a adjustment by moving Tre Spencer from safety to CB & moving the CB to Saftey & then telling Spencer the route the receiver was about to run. The play was ran & it was the exact route DT told Spencer & Spencer broke the play up. So let me say this he's a 5Star Player for a reason. The skys the limit for this kid & behind it all he has great Family Support Behind him. Hes a better kid then football player his parents raised a great young man. I'm looking for this kid to be a impact @ Bama & playing on Sundays one day. The sky's the limit for this kid & he will rise to be a cream of the crop.

Travon Fuller from Athens 2016 is a ball hawk all ready commited to A&M (for now) . The kid has about 17 ints over 3 years. last year He blocked 17 extra points and 4 field goals , was named all state 2nd team corner on associated press and 1st team corner and all state special teams player on the txsw all state team . this year was 8-4A district MVP playing slot /cornerback 73 carries 1,000 yrds 17tds and 15 rec 250 yards 3 tds , 7 picks with 54 tackles and 3 caused fumbles and 4 recovered . Kid is 6'0 155 skinny as a rail but he is a player and is not afraid of delivering a blow always around the ball . Sumlin better hope he can keep him , he is a game changer imo . Named honarable mention all state at corner and running back .

Good player.

But he's not 6-0... Maybe 5-10.

Still has time to grow though.

If you were just watching the game and didn't know anything about the players I would have to say Blake Lynch was the best player on the field with Demarco Boyd being second. DT is more sought after than those guys because of how he projects at the next level. They want the long Dbs to cover the big receivers now days and if he can tighten up a couple things at 'Bama I think he'll be able to play on Sundays.

The best 4A player in the state this year was either Stidham at Stephenville or Mack at Gladewater but DT may have been the best overall athlete in 4A this year. I think at this point DT is more Dre Kirkpatrick than Eric Reid but only time will tell. Either way though, he got the shaft in the all-state team, but that's the AP for you.