Why did West Orange lose?

XX Man

I guess there are many reasons for the loss, but one thing no one can lay blame on, and that was the performance of Jack Dallas. That young man never stopped performing all year. I can think of 1 common denominator to the 2000 lose and the 2014 loss, though. What are your thoughts?

I guess there are many reasons for the loss, but one thing no one can lay blame on, and that was the performance of Jack Dallas. That young man never stopped performing all year. I can think of 1 common denominator to the 2000 lose and the 2014 loss, though. What are your thoughts?

My thoughts are the same as yours. WOS QB is one of the best I've seen in a while

First of all it was not any one player who was the cause of this lost. Secondly, it was our inability to adjust to the no huddle plays after the first Gilmer TD, we seemed out of sink, not getting set before Gilmer  snapped the ball. They kept using that no huddle play and it exposed our defense. I also thought that the turnovers were another reason why we lot. Lastly, we did not have enough fresh legs in the third and fourth quarters to make drives extended. What I would like to see next year, is for us to have at least 5 or 6 plays that no team has scouted in reserve for playoff games. They could practice these plays during the year and use them for the 4th- championship rounds  

Very impressed with that QB. He killed Gilmer in the first half scrambling for 1st downs on a couple of 3rd and long situations to keep drives alive. He was better than expected and quite frankly it seemed to catch Gilmer off guard. WOS will win many more games over the next 2 years with that kid at QB!

I guess intelligent answers are beyond some you fellas. Because Gilmer scored more points? Seriously. Gee whiz.

There are factors that led to Gilmer scoring more points, but I guess those answers are beyond your comprehension. Thanks to the people who put thought into their answers. One of the things I told Dan in 2000, was that I would never have agreed to play in Dallas, as that field was practically Ennis's home field. It was like the Dome to WOS. I think this year, though, it was agreed to use Dallas. But, I do think the long bus ride was a small factor, and I don't know if Gilmer had played in that stadium before. No huddle offense had some effect. BUT, WOS normally does not stop in the 3rd and 4th, as their conditioning is so good. Here is where the long bus ride and no rest may have contributed. I think WOS had the talent to win this game, and I think Gilmer had never played the talent that WOS has. I also think that WOS thought they had the game won, and was patting themselves on the back at half time. I don't know what Cornell said to the boys at half time, but it should have been something on the line of this game was not over, and they were playing a dangerous team, and that they needed to come back in the 2nd half, and play even harder than they had the first half. Of course, this may have been exactly what he said.

Umm, xx man, you do realize that the coaches didnt agree to play this game in Dallas. Cowboys Stadium is now home to all Texas State Championship Games. ????

And Coach T's message on the halftime TV interview was "we got 24 more minutes and thats a lifetime for a team like Gilmer".

I do wish however that they would rotate between NRG in Houston, Alamodome in SA and Cowboys Stadium.

We can analyze every play and determine the key plays that turned the game. Bottom line is that Gilmer was the favorite, nearly everyone in the state had Gilmer picked to win for a reason. Gilmer won the game, just like everyone in the state predicted. It went just as we thought.

Umm, xx man, you do realize that the coaches didnt agree to play this game in Dallas. Cowboys Stadium is now home to all Texas State Championship Games. ????

And Coach T's message on the halftime TV interview was "we got 24 more minutes and thats a lifetime for a team like Gilmer".

I do wish however that they would rotate between NRG in Houston, Alamodome in SA and Cowboys Stadium.

As much as I'd say it'd definitely be fair to rotate the state champ games, those other stadiums just can't hold a candle to AT&T. It's the best stadium in the world. There's no way the uil is moving from there anytime soon. IMO

Ummm, Guess I did not make myself clear enough with, "I think this year, though, it was agreed to use Dallas.". It is my understanding that all the State Playoff games were played at Dallas. I have to argue that AT&T is much better than Reliant Stadium, though, expecially for this use. Not like you are going to pull in upmteen thousand people that you need seats for. I agree that a more central location in the state, would be better all around.

Here is my opinion. WOS played probably the best first half they have all season. The second half...not so much. I've heard some say it was the worst second half WOS has played all season. I believe it was 50% WOS making some crucial mistakes in the 3rd quarter and 50% that it was against Gilmer. To beat Gilmer we had to play flawless for 48 minutes. We didn't do that and plain and simple lost. Either way I can't say enough about this WOS team!! Congrats boys on uniting a town and man it was fun!! We've got some pretty good teams on the horizon and maybe we'll have another chance at those pesky Buckeyes.