Waskom 41 Newton 22/Final

WOSgrad

Newtons QB has thrown the ball well this year. I will never understand why a pass wasn't used more in this game. Just a screen pass.Great year for the Eagles. I just feel they had more to offer in this game. Waskom is a great team.I hope Newton can some day discover that a pass mixed with their running attack would be deadly.

Newtons QB has thrown the ball well this year. I will never understand why a pass wasn't used more in this game. Just a screen pass.Great year for the Eagles. I just feel they had more to offer in this game. Waskom is a great team.I hope Newton can some day discover that a pass mixed with their running attack would be deadly.

+1!

Some people always know better than the coaches. Feel free to pick up a whistle and join our profession.  You never know what will happen when dealing with teenage boys.  Mineola let the opening kick off just lay there while Yoe recovered it. There are approximately 210 3a schools that wished they could trade places with Newton. 

???? The stat I saw on Newton passing didn't exactly line up with this statement. 30 something completions of 80 something attempts for 300ish yards....

I feel you Cactus!! I was really confused last night when Newton didn't try and open it up with some passing. I never forget the year Newton played Tatum in Lufkin (I think it was maybe in 07) anyway we were down by 3 or 4 with little time in the game left and we throw a deep ball which is caught and the WR took it inside the 20. And for the next 4 plays we ran the ball and never attempted a throw. Newton always confuses me when it comes to play calling on offense. I understand in small school you run the ball a whole lot more but games like last night and other games we live and die by the run and it's like their afraid to pass. I'm Not dogging Newton as I am a graduate of their many years ago! 😄 just was a little frustrated