#WRTS

Aces_Full

Not mad just making an observation. I read lots of posts by fans on numerous college football sites. It's just interesting when a recruit goes against the grain a bit by considering another school, how fast some fans turn against him. But now that he's back in the fold, it's all good. These kids make their decisions based on what's best for them. Nothing wrong with that.

The problem with Mack was all of the wavering and attention seeking. Once he committed the spotlight was off him and he didn't like it. Any time a big name committed he did something to bring the attention back to himself. Like when he decommitted a few hours after Malik signed.
He is one of the most talented players on the state but I could do without all of the Twitter drama. Whether we like it or not social media is now a huge part of recruiting and will only get worse.

We don't know what kids are going through and some are legitimately torn. It's a life long decision that shouldn't be made over night. Kris Boyd seemed pretty sincere in his letter and ultimately made what he thinks is the best decision for him, which I can respect. I compare it to every hot girl in the country throwing themselves at you and you can only pick one. It's not that easy with everyone of these coaches promising the world.

247Composite averages rankings from 247, ESPN, Rivals, & Scout. They have it at Texas #11 and A&M #12...but Texas has 29 guys (counting the grey shirt QB) vs A&M having 25.

Classes are ranked by total number of stars so those 4 extra players make a big difference in class ranking.

“I silently committed back to A&M on my official visit and I told Coach Sumlin before I left (on the weekend of Jan. 16),” Mack exclusively told GigEm247 on Tuesday night. “The moment I knew I was going back was when I met with the coaches on my visit. The moment that shocked me was when coach (Terry) Price pulled up coach (John) Chavis’ list of players he’s coached at my position that were in the NFL and it was impressive. I had no idea he’d coached that many people. Then he compared that list to the entire Big 12. Not just TCU or Texas, but the entire conference, and after that I kinda knew. Plus, I knew if I came in and played as hard as I could and stayed healthy that I would be able to get to next level.”

http://tamu.247sports.com/Article/EXCLUSIVE-Mack-opens-up-about-commitment-to-Texas-AM-35377573

• 2 weeks later...

http://deadspin.com/how-did-a-texas-a-m-recruits-dad-end-up-with-a-trademar-1686107690?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

I guess he knew he was going to be an aggie.

FYI. Dallas Shipp (Aggie Outfitters) grew up next door to us in Baytown. His sister was one of my wifes cheerleaders at Sterling.

COLLEGE STATION – The slogan We Run This State was a goofy bit of unnecessary braggadocio from the start, and it’s now causing Texas A&M more trouble than it’s worth. The latest regarding #WRTS involves A&M issuing a statement to ESPN’s Darren Rovell:

“Texas A&M has not had any plans – past or future – to trademark, purchase or otherwise profit financially from #WRTS.”

This is even an issue because one of A&M’s top signees, defensive lineman Daylon Mack of Gladewater, used “#WRTS” on Twitter throughout his recruitment – and it turns out his father, Coris Mack, had filed for the trademark last June, according to ESPN.

A&M’s statement to ESPN continued, “Texas A&M was aware of Mr. Coris Mack’s trademark application but this trademark application had nothing to do with the recruitment of Mr. Daylon Mack as a student-athlete at Texas A&M.”

In addition, the university told Rovell it has “disallowed licensees from using #WRTS in connection with Texas A&M trademarks, to include official logos, phrases and colors, in production of licensed goods. Texas A&M’s office of business development, which oversees the university’s trademarks and licensing, is not a part of the athletics department and is not involved in the recruitment of student-athletes.”

One of Texas A&M football’s official websites, Aggiefblife.com, has continued using #WRTS as a tout. Aggies have long contended the motto simply stands for recruiting battles, but it’s easy to see why observers might get confused by the otherwise hollow claim.

A&M has finished no higher than third in the West division in its three seasons in the SEC (including sixth out of seven teams this past season) and won a lone league title (in 1998) in 16 years as a Big 12 member. It has, however, put together some highly ranked recruiting classes behind fourth-year coach Kevin Sumlin.

Fans, however, would rather see the results show up on the field – rather than in vain claims concerning recruiting rankings. The slogan also provides opposing fans reason to point and giggle when the Aggies stumble on the field, as they did in a 59-0 loss at Alabama last October. For the ESPN story click here.

A&M has finished no higher than third in the West division in its three seasons in the SEC (including sixth out of seven teams this past season) and won a lone league title (in 1998) in 16 years as a Big 12 member.

Now this speaks volumes.  But at least now aggies can claim the accomplishments of the rest of the SEC when trying to brag.  Crazy thing is the other SEC members think of aggies as an outsider too.  

That whole ship is a hot mess. Mark my words kool aid drinkers, the Sumlin era will not end well...

As much as I want to pull for Sumlin and the Aggies, I'm afraid you are right. The new DC and his lawsuits add to the bad circus atmosphere. We will see... Like watching a NASCAR pilup, we wont be able to turn our heads.

# We Rape The Sheep ... Thats still funny!

Now this speaks volumes. But at least now aggies can claim the accomplishments of the rest of the SEC when trying to brag. Crazy thing is the other SEC members think of aggies as an outsider too.

3rd in the SEC West and #5 in the country a few years ago wasn't too bad, but who's keeping track.....

2005 was a long time ago...

As long as 1939???

I love how Ags love to arbitrarily use the history argument. "That was 10 years ago!". But - "we WERE really good 3 years ago!" is fine. :rolleyes:

One thing is certain, my school age kids experienced a Longhorn NC. None of us were alive when aggy won its only hardware.

#WeRememberThingsSelectively

/argument

As long as 1939???

I love how Ags love to arbitrarily use the history argument. "That was 10 years ago!". But - "we WERE really good 3 years ago!" is fine. :rolleyes:

One thing is certain, my school age kids experienced a Longhorn NC. None of us were alive when aggy won its only hardware.

#WeRememberThingsSelectively

/argument

Again-A&M likes using the recent past and then refers to the late 1980's and the 1990's while Texas loves to throw out the 1939. And their long history of dominance that they rightfully refer too.

But the fact is that A&M over the last 4 - 5  years has been a better program than Texas - that is the recent past.  And just a little fact - A&M won the last conference championship when they were both n the same conference with Texas - 2010 Texas A&M 1st and Texas was 6th in the South.

Since A&M went to the SEC it has enjoyed much more success than - say - Texas.  The fact that they have finished no higher than 3rd and no higher than 5th in the nation is still much better than Texas has done over the same period.

Again-A&M likes using the recent past and then refers to the late 1980's and the 1990's while Texas loves to throw out the 1939. And their long history of dominance that they rightfully refer too.

But the fact is that A&M over the last 4 - 5 years has been a better program than Texas - that is the recent past. And just a little fact - A&M won the last conference championship when they were both n the same conference with Texas - 2010 Texas A&M 1st and Texas was 6th in the South.

Since A&M went to the SEC it has enjoyed much more success than - say - Texas. The fact that they have finished no higher than 3rd and no higher than 5th in the nation is still much better than Texas has done over the same period.

Whaaa? Whose uniforms did the Aggies infiltrate in the 2010 Big 12 Championship game - OU's (the '10 Champion) or Nebraska's? Or is this like one of those 2 "National Championships" the Ags suddenly found the summer they joined the SEC from the 1910s?