Cleveland Incident

Mr. Buddy Garrity

If the kid pulled any kind of gun and made a threatening move toward the officers, then they are justified in the shooting. However, he probably should never have been hired. The problem is people have become so lawsuit happy that when they called for a reference independence was not able to be honest and tell them not to hire him. Even if he would have been fired if he stayed, once he resigned, unless they asked the right questions Independence would have been sued for defamation of character or slander. Instead, they are politically correct and just say he resigned for personal reasons.

@WesleyLowery: Full DOJ report on Cleveland Police use of excessive force here: http://www.justice.gov/sites/default/files/opa/press-releases/attachments/2014/12/04/cleveland_division_of_police_findings_letter.pdf

@cnnbrk: Cleveland police have engaged in pattern of excessive force, months-long Justice Department probe finds. http://cnn.it/1yjGjBj

Interesting 

So the officers never knew that the caller might have had a fake gun as had been relayed to the dispatcher but not to the officers. The officers after they shot him said it was a 20 year old with a gun. The officers on arrival didn't look like they calmly shot a kid but ducked behind their car like you would expect from people that think they are about to be shot. 

All black kids are according to some on this forum.

Is it all black kids? Or just the boys? Or just the boys with a criminal record? Or just the boys with a criminal record who are shot while attacking a cop? Do they have to actually get shot, or can they beat someone to death with a hammer? If you don't have a record, but loot stores and burn police cars and businesses, can you still be a thug? Just trying to figure out how much crime you have to commit before you can be labeled a thug by a bunch of racist white people like myself?

The motto seems to be, if he's brown shoot him down

If he's white beat him with a hammer? Is that the other Motto? Oh wait, once again it only counts when it fits your perspective of everyone is against the black man. I wonder do blind white people still hate black people, or only the ones that can see their color?

The motto seems to be, if he's brown shoot him down

OK.....Let's address you and Big Girl

New Tobie:

Facts are only 25% of cop killings are white cops shooting black suspects. So, seems to me you are not dealing with the facts, but listening to the race baiters.

Big Girl:

I only remember one Kid and that was Trayvon Martin who attacked someone.  Everyone else we have talked about has been 18 or older......

OK.....Let's address you and Big Girl

New Tobie:

Facts are only 25% of cop killings are white cops shooting black suspects. So, seems to me you are not dealing with the facts, but listening to the race baiters.

Big Girl:

I only remember one Kid and that was Trayvon Martin who attacked someone.  Everyone else we have talked about has been 18 or older......

No doubt that these statements are "inconvenient truths"

If the kid pulled any kind of gun and made a threatening move toward the officers, then they are justified in the shooting. However, he probably should never have been hired. The problem is people have become so lawsuit happy that when they called for a reference independence was not able to be honest and tell them not to hire him. Even if he would have been fired if he stayed, once he resigned, unless they asked the right questions Independence would have been sued for defamation of character or slander. Instead, they are politically correct and just say he resigned for personal reasons.

what happened to "freeze,put the gun down now"

In the case of the kid with the BB gun, it's my understanding that they did this, and instead of doing so he instead turned towards them with the gun. I think it was a deadly misunderstanding, but I can't blame an officer for shooting someone who is turning towards them with what appears to be an AK-47 after being ordered to drop it.

I would imagine they probably yelled this multiple times before they resorted to firing their weapon. What happened to not attacking or pointing guns at a police officer. Instead of making excuses for these idiots after they get shot and blaming the cops, maybe we should try teaching them how to behave and act so they can stay alive!
1. Don't rob or steal!
2. Stop assaulting people!
3. Don't point a gun at another person!

If you do any of these things to a person, you should realize they may fight back. If you do these things to a person with a gun, you should realize they may shoot you.
If you do these things to a police officer, they are a person and have a gun, they might shoot you! Stop being stupid and you don't get shot by police officers. You don't want to get arrested, stop breaking the law!

• 2 weeks later...