Nail In The Cofin?

badndn

Anyone else feel like last night was the final nail in the cofin on once vibrant but now a dying program?

Opening of Manvel and Dawson was first nail. Had kids moving out to be a part of something new and exciting.
Ike was nail 2.
Moving to 3A/4A nail 3
Realignment into the worst district in the state for football. Nail 4.
And getting embarassed bad in the playoffs. Nail 5.
How many kids that stuck around because it was Lamarque are now asking why and will be moving on to Dickinson, Friendswood, Manvel, Dawson, Pearland or even TC?

Very,very sad. LaMarque was synonymous with Texas HS football dominance. You couldn't have a conversation about how amazing Texas is when it comes to HS football without including Permian, Katy, SLC and LaMarque and many others. Such a historied proud program. Just 15 years ago I was there when a full crowd of LaMarque fans were doing their chant and they seemed like a giant. Last night, there were no chants and maybe a third of the fans that we had. Just didn't seem anywhere the same.

I noticed that to last night. No "WE ARE...LAMARQUE...COOGAS!!!"

They seemed dead from the word go. Maybe its from not having played a competitive game in almost two months. They are used to playing a tuff predistrict then kicking it with the likes of FWood, TC and even Manvel for a while.

Very,very sad. LaMarque was synonymous with Texas HS football dominance. You couldn't have a conversation about how amazing Texas is when it comes to HS football without including Permian, Katy, SLC and LaMarque and many others. Such a historied proud program. Just 15 years ago I was there when a full crowd of LaMarque fans were doing their chant and they seemed like a giant. Last night, there were no chants and maybe a third of the fans that we had. Just didn't seem anywhere the same.

I remember-- we are lammaarrque ccoougaarrss dude I hated hearing that,they were wild

Anyone else feel like last night was the final nail in the cofin on once vibrant but now a dying program?

Opening of Manvel and Dawson was first nail. Had kids moving out to be a part of something new and exciting.
Ike was nail 2.
Moving to 3A/4A nail 3
Realignment into the worst district in the state for football. Nail 4.
And getting embarassed bad in the playoffs. Nail 5.
How many kids that stuck around because it was Lamarque are now asking why and will be moving on to Dickinson, Friendswood, Manvel, Dawson, Pearland or even TC?

+1