Stump out at Bridge City

Go around SE Texas house, you'll find he's not only one like that. If you think this move has anything to do with sports its a mistake.
Go ask Billy Bryant to give you a BC history lesson

Don't need a history lesson! But if can't get the job done someone else will and obviously that's what the supt thinks. A new direction is a polite way of saying it ain't working!

From 2000 (year we went to 3A) thru 2006 the football program went 56-31 with 2 DC, 8 playoff wins, and 3 rounds deep 3 times. I would say the program was headed in the right direction. Since 2007 its been 35-50 with no playoff wins. Complete opposite direction. While I agree we've never been a football power there's no reason we can't compete and make a little noise every year.

They wanted him out when they made the switch in the AD position.  At that point, that's all they could do to try and get him to leave.  Contrary to what one might believe, that Superintendent doesn't run the district, the parents of BC run it, a select group, plain and simple.  I hate to see this happening but it will continue.  Spend and time at all watching the Jr high level sports (football and basketball) and there is a group in the stands waiting in the wings to take over the reigns.  It's sad.

If I'm not mistaken Stump was first coach to lead BC to playoffs for four straight years. This year over summer the starting qb announced he'd not play and during season the next starting qb went down. Year before that the qb played with a banged up shoulder.

also in 2013 didnt they have an all district back that missed all of his sr year as well ?

Man, That "Gabe" fellow is spot on, lol.

My prediction, the new Head Coach will have crossed paths with Mike King or Lance Groppel somwhere along the way for a bit of time.  Thusly, that new coach will "willingly accept" the fact that he will only be the Football Coach and not the AD.  They still need to take care of Briggs for a little while.  He wanted to retire but I think he likes the new gig. 

It's the Good Ole Boy system.  Alive and well in BC.