Sheldon C.E. King 55 Beaumont Central 23/Final

WOSgrad

Sometimes yes. But a great OLine can make a good QB look great. Not sure I'd say the opposite is true. Name the QB from CP or Midland Lee or Pearland. Outside of Dalton who has been the great QB on all those Katy teams. I'd say Bishop was a good QB with a great line at Aledo.

Agree for the most part, but I'd be willing to bet the QB's on all of the aforementioned teams were first team all district.

I disagree about the Special Player. Best player doesnt always win. Best O Line and D Lines do.
Grey had a great line. Benson had some hogs up front at Lee. VY and Madison made a nice run, but eventually lost to a team with a better Line.
Who's Katys special players? Pearland? The Lines. Name the star for Cedar Park couple years ago? OLine.
I contend that given a dominant OLine Central and Ozen could be perennial state powers with the other talent they have. A lot of time spent grooming those DBs and WRs, but not enough on the big heavies.

Linebaker for Katy is named Jason Martinez and Sam Compton and OT is Andre Dalcour
Pearland has a my coworkers nephew and his name is Jason Simms and their best OL is Matt Parker
Cedar Park in 2009 was RB Brandon Wells.
Anything else. I'm pretty good at Jeopardy too.....

Ok, here is my final post on the football thread for 2014. The CE King Panthers have placed me into retirement. Just some thoughts. Coach Foreman apparently doesn't know the history of Central and that they NEVER won a game at Clyde Abshire Stadium and I'll go out on a limb and say they never will in my lifetime. What's the deal with the band being late? No school song or nothing. In all my years that's a first. I will say the halftime performance was their best of the year. Guess they knew it was the last game.

Now to the game. I tip my hat to the coaching staff, players and fans of King. "Boys In Blue", despite our little beef early on, it was good chopping it up with you the last couple of weeks. The opening kickoff fumble was the start of the snow ball. You can't give a team like King a short field to work with. Then for Toby to start his first offensive series in our goal line power package, I knew we had lost this game and it was only 7-0 at that point. I won't say his name but I truly feel the reason the Jaguars could do nothing on offense is because of #7. I watched just about every game and tonight was his worst. It's like Coach Lee said "man don't get hurt, we have a basketball championship to go win". He must have been thinking about that cozy basketball gym because his mind wasn't on the game. You have to at least throw the ball to give your receivers a chance to make a play. Whaley didn't have a big game tonight but i feel like he gave 100% effort. Locke I thought balled out on defense, just needed about 4 more Locke's on the field. Never understood why your 2nd leading tackler #20 was on the sideline for so many plays. I hate our Seniors had to go out like this.

What I'd like to see next year is a true no huddle offense like King ran tonight. Every play signaled in. There is no excuse why it can't be done. Better offense schemes. Go find a true offensive guru. After every big play we did have, we turned around and did something stupid. That has to stop. I could go on and on. Once again good luck to King the rest of the way.

if you knew football you would have seen that he had pressure every time he dropped back for a pass. And his recievers were not helping him. 9 drops and not running the correct routes would make any qb think twice

I know our District run Defense was suspect at Best, but C'mon Man!!!

The only 2 Teams to give up this sort of yardage to RB's is PA & Central. What's going on??

I know the Talent is there & the numbers, somebody please spill the beans.

I've heard how good King is all Season, was it just a bad game for the Jags?? If this game is replayed not knowing the outcome of the first game, does Central perform better or does King execute the same again??? I've read some comments, just trying to figure some things out.

I was at the game and King is that good. When Brantley is on with Williams in the backfield they are unstoppable. The best shot teams have is hoping Brantley is off or King has some dropped passes. Central has a good team but King is on another level. Kings defense is also way under rated. Centrals qb was running for his life most the night and I think he did as good a job as anyone on Central. Only thing I would tell him is hold that ball closer to his body when scrambling in traffic but to his credit he never fumbled.

I was at the game and King is that good. When Brantley is on with Williams in the backfield they are unstoppable. The best shot teams have is hoping Brantley is off or King has some dropped passes. Central has a good team but King is on another level. Kings defense is also way under rated. Centrals qb was running for his life most the night and I think he did as good a job as anyone on Central. Only thing I would tell him is hold that ball closer to his body when scrambling in traffic but to his credit he never fumbled.

Two studs!  Price building a good program there. 

Our QB had ample time to throw the ball in the pocket several times. Instead, he only looked for the deep man and never looked at the underneath stuff. It was open all night. Then after waiting several seconds, he ran toward the sidelines and threw the ball away. Then when he had the 1 on one hw wanted with his best receiver, he hesitated to throw it. Horrible game on his part.

Our QB had ample time to throw the ball in the pocket several times. Instead, he only looked for the deep man and never looked at the underneath stuff. It was open all night. Then after waiting several seconds, he ran toward the sidelines and threw the ball away. Then when he had the 1 on one hw wanted with his best receiver, he hesitated to throw it. Horrible game on his part.

You can't be serious right....he was under pressure 95% of the time he dropped back to pass...King only rushed 3 most of the night...I've once said Central receivers don't run routes they go for the deep ball and it would hurt them if they didn't make any adjustments...maybe that's bad coaching!!

About 5 times he had time to sit back and throw, majority of the time he felt pressure. Makes me wonder why max protection wasnt called for and why your OC didnt get in his ear to let him know the underneath stuff was there, Whaley was open in the flat several times. 

You can't be serious right....he was under pressure 95% of the time he dropped back to pass...King only rushed 3 most of the night...I've once said Central receivers don't run routes they go for the deep ball and it would hurt them if they didn't make any adjustments...maybe that's bad coaching!!

You call it under pressure when the qb has over 5 seconds to go through all of his progressions and then run to the sidelines and then throw it away? Ok, I guess he was running for his life, if that's what you call it.

Maybe it was bad coaching...

Thanks for the info.  King was just the better team. nothing wrong with that. Central had a good season. Too bad these teams met so early

qb played descent IMO. Central was just beat at every level so to point out one kid as the problem is not very fair. King dominated both lines of scrimmage and on defense was able to basically hold Centrals 4 star rb to nothing. When you can't run at all it doesn't make it any easier to pass. Then you look on the other side of the ball and Williams was running at will and Brantley was unstoppable. I knew this game was over within the first few possessions for each team. Central has a good team but this had nothing to do with coaching or the qb. This game had everything to do with CK team as a whole and probably the best rb qb combo in the region.

I know our District run Defense was suspect at Best, but C'mon Man!!!

The only 2 Teams to give up this sort of yardage to RB's is PA & Central. What's going on??

I know the Talent is there & the numbers, somebody please spill the beans.

I've heard how good King is all Season, was it just a bad game for the Jags?? If this game is replayed not knowing the outcome of the first game, does Central perform better or does King execute the same again??? I've read some comments, just trying to figure some things out.

This isnt a shot at King as I am sure they are an excellent football team.  No great  D in our dist this year, and Centrals D was the best we had to offer. You always scheme to take away what the other team does best. And force them to get it done some other way.  375 yds? thats not good defense.......

This isnt a shot at King as I am sure they are an excellent football team.  No great  D in our dist this year, and Centrals D was the best we had to offer. You always scheme to take away what the other team does best. And force them to get it done some other way.  375 yds? thats not good defense.......

We get so caught up in scores, whatever happened to tipping your hat to the better team that day.

I don't think any of our other District Teams would do any better against King.

I agree 100%