West Orange-Stark 64 Houston Scarborough 0/Final

WOSgrad

Did the article take jabs at WOS? I couldn't really tell as the grammar was so atrocious I was preoccupied with wondering if English was the writer's second (or third or fourth, etc.) language.

"Most across the state may only going to see the final score....but it's the dance team did, spending most cold second half huddled together."

Indeed!!!

Not sure who you're trying to insult or which article you're talking about but I read the Chron's and Enterprise's stories on the game and neither of them seemed to have that bad grammar you're talking about.

This game shows why the system needs to be changed when it comes to playoff rules. Not to embarrass the Houston school but the system, WOS shouldn't have agreed to a running clock. I would have let the score go up to show that their was a team deserving of that playoff spot. I know it is a selfish act, but this needs to be corrected. Great job Mustangs- ON TO THE NEXT ONE!

This game shows why the system needs to be changed when it comes to playoff rules. Not to embarrass the Houston school but the system, WOS shouldn't have agreed to a running clock. I would have let the score go up to show that their was a team deserving of that playoff spot. I know it is a selfish act, but this needs to be corrected. Great job Mustangs- ON TO THE NEXT ONE!

If that would have happened, Coach Thompson would be talked about on every news channel in the country for being such a poor sport. In one of the articles I linked on here, the one from the AP, there was a quote from some Dr. at a major University. He said all eyes would be on this game to show good sportsmanship or something along the lines of that. Sounded like a jab at WOS.

Would like to give a thumbs up to the WOS players and coaches.  This game could have gotten real ugly.  I saw the Huntington Scarborough game and like someone said it was 56-0 at the half.  If they can do that against them, it is amazing that WOS "only" scored 64.

So again, hats off to WOS folks for winning the right way.

And on a side note, at least UIL didn't get much additional revenue from the Scarborough fans (like they need it).  I wonder if UIL will fine a school for not selling enough tickets so they can make their $6.0 million budget. Or maybe next year they will make the schools with low ticket sales have play-in games to help with their revenue shortfall.

Would like to give a thumbs up to the WOS players and coaches.  This game could have gotten real ugly.  I saw the Huntington Scarborough game and like someone said it was 56-0 at the half.  If they can do that against them, it is amazing that WOS "only" scored 64.

So again, hats off to WOS folks for winning the right way.

And on a side note, at least UIL didn't get much additional revenue from the Scarborough fans (like they need it).  I wonder if UIL will fine a school for not selling enough tickets so they can make their $6.0 million budget. Or maybe next year they will make the schools with low ticket sales have play-in games to help with their revenue shortfall.

Good post. 

Felt really sorry for the other players! How can any parent not come  out and support their child whether on a winning team or not! The school is just as wrong for not having cheerleaders or their band there to support these kids.

The more I think about it, the more i'm thinking they didn't have the budget to ride the band and cheer leaders. Well, I guess that could be it. Just strange that you would bring the dance team instead of cheerleaders since the dancers are normally part of the band......