WOS Mustangs vs Scarborough Spartans

tennisbc

Well, here is the dilemma that Coach Thompson faces.  Sure, he wants to prevent starters from getting injured and wants to get the younger guys reps.  However, the Mustangs are a team that comes off of open week.  So he needs to get the starters game reps to keep them sharp.

Not that he is trying to run things up, but in order to continue some momentum going into the game against Wharton or Giddings, I wouldn't be surprised if Coach Thompson leaves the starters in until deep into the third quarter of the game.

Of course, that is IF he has the opportunity to do so, which may not be the certainty that we all think it to be.

Well, here is the dilemma that Coach Thompson faces.  Sure, he wants to prevent starters from getting injured and wants to get the younger guys reps.  However, the Mustangs are a team that comes off of open week.  So he needs to get the starters game reps to keep them sharp.

Not that he is trying to run things up, but in order to continue some momentum going into the game against Wharton or Giddings, I wouldn't be surprised if Coach Thompson leaves the starters in until deep into the third quarter of the game.

Of course, that is IF he has the opportunity to do so, which may not be the certainty that we all think it to be.

very valid point.  the only good news being that no matter which team they play in the 2nd round, they should still be heavy favorites, and could probably get away with using THAT game as a momentum builder for the rest of the playoffs.

I heard that since Jones shut down, Scarborough played its third string all year knowing they would make the playoffs anyway. They wanted to keep their first two strings healthy and let them focus on WOS all year so that they could pull off the upset. They all have fresh legs and are ready to pull off the upset and shock everyone!

I heard that since Jones shut down, Scarborough played its third string all year knowing they would make the playoffs anyway. They wanted to keep their first two strings healthy and let them focus on WOS all year so that they could pull off the upset. They all have fresh legs and are ready to pull off the upset and shock everyone!

I heard their first string is ALSO their third string :)

Guess they have been playing third teamers for the past 5 years waiting for this momemnt in time.

I'm with Drew. Here's wishing you an injury free game. Good luck wont be needed for a couple of rounds at least.

I dont know, maybe not this week, but this is the playoffs. Ive seen it too many times and personally been on the crappy end of a huge playoff upset. Anyways, good luck to the Hawks!! Rep the district.