Beaumont Central vs Houston CE King

I hope so to been a minute since I seen a dam good band

Being a music guy myself, I have to say, Central's band is not good. They're loud and play simple music so they sound better, but they're far from good. Their drumline is decent but sloppy. I know they pump up the crowd (which is what you look for on Friday), but look at their marching contest results from the past 10 years. It's ugly. So those of you that think Central has this awesome band, they don't - at least not as far as musicianship goes.....

Being a music guy myself, I have to say, Central's band is not good. They're loud and play simple music so they sound better, but they're far from good. Their drumline is decent but sloppy. I know they pump up the crowd (which is what you look for on Friday), but look at their marching contest results from the past 10 years. It's ugly. So those of you that think Central has this awesome band, they don't - at least not as far as musicianship goes.....

WOW

But seriously, so many people mistake loud as good, and it's just not as far as music goes. I did watch the highlight video of the game last week, and it seemed like it was on fast forward! Both teams have backs that are unbelievably fast! That QB from King is no joke!

Central is a show band, we play music and do things to excite the crowds/viewers. Obviously you're use to a more military type band, so for you to say Central band isn't good is dumb, the band had more first place Battle of the Bands trophies then a little bit, and why is that? Because they are good at what they do and Thats be a show band! Now back to this football, Central Qb is just as good as Kings, thats another known fact

If I'm not mistaken they either played for it or won it all in '95 or '96. I know that was a long time ago, but I don't think a beaumont school has ever played in a state championship game. I could very well be wrong though.

Please bring the facts before spouting out. When someone says I don't think & correct me if I'm wrong; they usually are initially wrong. Nothing wrong with being wrong, it's just the arrogance behind being incorrect. I like your passion though.
That QB @ CE King is such a nice talent, very dangerous. So is that spectacular Jags QB. This should be a very good game. Come on Jags!!!
This will come down to which Defense steps up, both offenses are explosive, which D can contain??

Please bring the facts before spouting out. When someone says I don't think & correct me if I'm wrong; they usually are initially wrong. Nothing wrong with being wrong, it's just the arrogance behind being incorrect. I like your passion though.
That QB @ CE King is such a nice talent, very dangerous. So is that spectacular Jags QB. This should be a very good game. Come on Jags!!!
This will come down to which Defense steps up, both offenses are explosive, which D can contain??

May come down to who has ball last. King is a 14 point favorite according to the Harris poll.

May come down to who has ball last. King is a 14 point favorite according to the Harris poll.

I'm not very familiar with King, but I'm an Ozen supporter & a 22-5A playoff supporter. King looks good, very talented group. That QB is awesome. I wish I could attend, this will be a treat. It's unfortunate these 2 Teams meet so early. Good luck to your team

Central is a show band, we play music and do things to excite the crowds/viewers. Obviously you're use to a more military type band, so for you to say Central band isn't good is dumb, the band had more first place Battle of the Bands trophies then a little bit, and why is that? Because they are good at what they do and Thats be a show band! Now back to this football, Central Qb is just as good as Kings, thats another known fact

You can be a show band and have great musicianship. Go watch any DCI (Drum Corp International) videos and you'll see what Central tries to imitate. If you want details, Central is inconsistent with step size, knee height, tuning across the band and often struggles with tempo. For the little actual marching they do, to be considered good, all of these other things need to be perfect and they're far from it. Central's band is loud, there's no doubt about that, but put that band on a stage in an auditorium and not in the stands at a football game, and it gets ugly. How many Central students have made the all region band in recent history? Look, all I'm going to say is, at marching contest this year, where the judges know and are experts on all styles of marching (show, corp, and military), Central received a 4-4-5, if my source is correct. A five is the lowest possible score you can receive at contest, generally reserved for bands who don't show up. So for those of you who think Central is so great, go ahead and retract your statements because they're loud, not good.

You can be a show band and have great musicianship. Go watch any DCI (Drum Corp International) videos and you'll see what Central tries to imitate. If you want details, Central is inconsistent with step size, knee height, tuning across the band and often struggles with tempo. For the little actual marching they do, to be considered good, all of these other things need to be perfect and they're far from it. Central's band is loud, there's no doubt about that, but put that band on a stage in an auditorium and not in the stands at a football game, and it gets ugly. How many Central students have made the all region band in recent history? Look, all I'm going to say is, at marching contest this year, where the judges know and are experts on all styles of marching (show, corp, and military), Central received a 4-4-5, if my source is correct. A five is the lowest possible score you can receive at contest, generally reserved for bands who don't show up. So for those of you who think Central is so great, go ahead and retract your statements because they're loud, not good.

And again, I didn't they were GREAT AT SITTING IN AN AUDITORIUM and playing tht type of music, I said their a SHOW BAND which focuses more on entertaining, most of these kids if they were to move on to college to be in the band they will be attending bands such as, TSU, SU, GRAMBLING, you know schools of these sorts which who happens to be SHOW BANDS and not auditorium bands such as your Nederlands and Png's. Your oppinion is your opinion though, I could easily say whatever band you may like is "NOT GOOD" and boring, but I wouldn't, all the kids work hard at what they do and give full effort.

Ok you went to SFA but where did you go to high school? Are they in the playoffs? I could care less about how they sound in an auditorium, I want them loud at the football game. And most of the judges at concert don't "look" like them so they are already facing an uphill battle. I bet the CE King fans will enjoy our band. What's funny is that NO other band even gets brought up in a football thread except the Jaguar band. They must be doing something right...

A little more than 48 hours until kickoff...

Ok you went to SFA but where did you go to high school? Are they in the playoffs? I could care less about how they sound in an auditorium, I want them loud at the football game. And most of the judges at concert don't "look" like them so they are already facing an uphill battle. I bet the CE King fans will enjoy our band. What's funny is that NO other band even gets brought up in a football thread except the Jaguar band. They must be doing something right...
A little more than 48 hours until kickoff...

Memorial band has the same issue on other websites. Its funny to me. :D