New palace in Katy?

Many districts will raise your taxes in ANTICIPATION of selling bonds. Katy knew they would get the issue passed once they changed some issues with the previous bond package.

So they can say the bonds will not raise taxes because they have already been raised.

Believe me, they are high enough already.  The state caps the maximum amount of taxes a district can levy at 1.55 per thousand, and I am pretty sure that Katy is maxed out.

In two years Katy will be bigger than the city of Pittsburg. It's not the one horse town it used to be and many still think it is. HS #8 is on the way and several kids now are sitting in portable units outside of the HS...this was needed. Animosity between the North and South sides of I-10 kept it from passing the first time.

The city of Katy is only 16K.  But KISD is big with the completion of the Grand Parkway from I-10 north to 290 along with the 3K of students every year, it's necessary.  Everybody but Humble and LCISD with 5 or more HS has at least 2 stadiums......

The city of Katy is only 16K.  But KISD is big with the completion of the Grand Parkway from I-10 north to 290 along with the 3K of students every year, it's necessary.  Everybody but Humble and LCISD with 5 or more HS has at least 2 stadiums......

you mean 160K?

If porter/new caney can get that beautiful stadium then katy should get what ever stadium they want

I dont think it was the stadium that had them upset.  It was the price of the stadium.  As nice as NCISD stadium is it was only about 30 million where i hear KISD is spending 58 million

I dont think it was the stadium that had them upset.  It was the price of the stadium.  As nice as NCISD stadium is it was only about 30 million where i hear KISD is spending 58 million

Not the price......location and many wanted it as a seperate bond. Also, costs go up...the longer they waited...the higher the price goes. And again..Animosity towards Katy HS has a LOT to do with it....from having to remove the color "Red" from the KATY ISD logo at midfield at Rhodes stadium...to signs like these around town, The stadium is for 8 HS's...yet opponents are/were calling it a stadium for the Katy Tigers.

ML1SLS1PJ7RF.jpg

The property value assets in Katy ISD must be TREMENDOUS!!!  Cinco Ranch probably has more taxable property value than the entire city of Detroit.

I am sure ALL the new $500,000 plus homes being built are adding to the coffers so the taxes didn't have to be raised.

It is just incredible to see all the new neighborhoods on the west side of Houston spring up with houses $400,000 plus being built.  Simply amazing.

Not just Cinco Ranch,  but Cross Creek Ranch (where one of the new elementary schools will go)  Firethorne is still building, Willow Creek Farms is still building, and the new Anserra  and Raintree editions opening up.   They already have over 60K students in the district and are projecting over 90K in a few years.

http://www.katyisd.org/sites/bonds/Documents/Package/Projects%20by%20Campus.pdf

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83

• The locals have almost finished firing the first ever Speaker of the House from Southeast Texas upon direct order of Trump and his minions.   It's a sad day... Locals have decided that being represented by the most powerful man in the House didn't mean anything.... they'd rather a political novice to represent this part of SETX.  And why is that?  He wasn't MAGA enough for them.  Who cares that it will hurt locally... What Trump says, goes.     Just yesterday I saw Trump on television demanding that we fire Phelan... How he's a RINO, weak on the border, etc... why?  Because he wouldn't overlook the criminal actions done by Ken Paxton, one of Trump's key supporters in the effort to overturn the 2020 Election and allow Trump to remain in office despite the will of the voters.   Trump never even mentioned Covey's name, and I doubt he would recognize Covey if Covey walked up with a cup of coffee.  Who cares that it's bad for SETX?  Not the R voters from SETX!   Then I saw Covey's preacher on a different ad tell a bald face lie.  Why should Phelan be fired?  "He put Democrats in positions of power in the House."  Really?  That's been the position of BOTH parties for as long as anybody can remember.  They ALWAYS give the minority party committee chairmanships.  But in 2022 the Rs decided that the practice should stop.  Democrat voters should not be allowed a voice in the crafting of legislation if there is a single majority Republican seat in the House, according to the Rs.  Representative Government?  Never heard of it, huh? Never did I believe that we'd have an abortion ban, constitutional carry, huge cuts for school property taxes, and Texas law enforcement being greenlit to enforce immigration law.  But it all happened while Phelan was speaker.  Without a doubt, the most conservative Speaker, ever.  But still a dirty RINO for not being MAGA enough.  It would be funny if it weren't true.   I've been following politics long enough to remember when Rs couldn't get elected in Texas... I'm confident that we're headed back that direction.  I mean, it's obvious that with population shifts we'll be turning blue eventually.  I think that the behavior of the leadership of the Republican Party is going to cause that shift sooner than expected.  I won't be surprised to see Democrat Senators and possibly even a governor elected within 12 years.  Maybe less.  The Rs will be a party apparatus without a voting base behind them.
    • Yellowjacket faithful are still pouring into Hudson HS’s Gipson Field!!!!  
    • This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up
    • The game will be live streamed for those that have Game Changer under the Chester team thread.  I believe the radio station out of Palestine will have radio broadcast.
    • For those John Candy lovers (my attitude right now): This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up
  • Topics