PLAYOFF CENTRAL-UPDATED WITH THURSDAY RESULTS!!!

WOSgrad

21-6A

Who is in:  Galena Park North Shore has clinched the Division I #1 seed out of 21-6A and will be facing Pasadena Dobie in the bi-district round.  La Porte has clinched a Division II seed and will play either Pearland Dawson or Manvel in bidistrict.  Deer Park has clinched the Division I #2 seed in 21-6A and will face Pearland in the bi-district round.

Who can get in and how:  Channelview can claim the Division II #1 seed with a win.  A Channelview loss will give the Division II #2 seed to Beaumont West Brook.  Whoever gets this seed will face Manvel in the bi-district round.

21-5A

Who is in:  Crosby has clinched a playoff berth.  Sheldon C.E. King has clinched a Division I berth.  Dayton has clinched a Division II berth.

Who can get in and how:  Barbers Hill can clinch the Division II, #2 berth with Dayton claiming the Division II #1 spot with a win over Kingwood Park.  Kingwood Park can clinch the Division I #2 seed with a win over Barbers Hill.

22-5A

Who is in:  Nederland has clinched the Division I #1 seed out of 22-5A.  Port Neches-Groves has clinched the Division II #1 seed Beaumont Central has earned the Division I #2 seed, and Beaumont Ozen has clinched the Division II #2 seed.

10-4A-I

Who is in:  Jasper has clinched the district championship and will face Kilgore (#4 seed out of 9-4A-I) in bidistrict.  Huffman Hargrave and Little Cypress-Mauriceville have clinched playoff spots with the winner of next week's game getting the #2 seed and playing the loser of the Tyler Chapel Hill/Carthage game in bidistrict.  The loser of the Huffman/LC-M game will be #3 seed and face the the Chapel Hill/Carthage winner in bidistrict.  Silsbee has clinched the #4 seed and will face Henderson in the bidistrict round.

8-4A-II

Who is in:  Coldspring-Oakhurst has clinched a playoff berth and can claim the district championship with a win over Madisonville.  Madisonville has clinched a playoff berth and can gain the district championship with a win over Coldspring-Oakhurst.  The district champion will face either Lorena, Connally or Rusk in bidistrict. The runner up will face either Fairlfied, Lorena or Connally is bidistrict.  Shepherd has clinched a playoff berth and can get the #2 seed with a win, Madisonville loss and a Diboll win.  The #3 seed will play either Fairfield or Lorena in the bidistrict round. 

Who can clinch and how:  The winner of the Diboll/Tarkington game will claim the #4 seed and face Mexia in bidistrict.

9-4A-II

Who is in:  West Orange-Stark has clinched the district championship and will face Houston Scarborough in bi-district.  Hardin-Jefferson has clinched the #2 seed and will face Houston Worthing in bidistrict.  Hamshire-Fannett and Orangefield have clinched playoff spots and will square off for the #3 seed.  The winner will face Houston Kashmere in bidistrict and the loser will face La Marque. 

12-3A-I

Who is in:  East Chambers, Buna and Kirbyville have all clinched playoff spots.  East Chambers can clinch the district championship with a win over Kirbyville.  Kirbyville can get the district title with a win over East Chambers and a Buna loss OR if they beat East Chambers by 11 or more.  Buna can earn the #2 seed with a win and a Kirbyville loss.  The district champ will face either Palestine Westwood or Eustace.  The #2 seed will face the lower seed of Malakoff or Elkhart with the #3 seed facing the higher.

Who can get in and how: Kountze can earn the #4 seed with a win over Anahuac.  Anahuac can take the spot with a win and a Warren loss.  Woodville would have to win and have Anahuac beat Kountze by 18 or more to force a three way tie on the points and force a flip for its chance to get to the playoffs.  The #4 seed will Teague in bi-district.

11-3A-II

Who is in:  Newton has clinched the district championship and will face New Waverly in bidistrict.  Corrigan-Camden has wrapped up a playoff spot and clinch the #2 seed with a win over Garrison.  The #2 seed will face the lower seed of Trinity or Jewett Leon.

Who can get in and how:  Garrison can clinch a playoff spot with a win or a Crockett win.  Crockett can clinch a spot with a win.  Deweyville can get a spot with a win and a Garrison win. The only way that Garrison can miss out is on a positive points tie with Deweyville and Crockett and lose a coin flip.  The #3 seed will face the higher of Trinity or Jewett Leon.  The #4 seed will face Franklin in bidistrict.

10-2A-I

Who is in: Shelbyville and West Sabine have clinched playoff spots with the winner of this week's game getting the district championship.  The district champ will have a bidistrict bye with the runner up facing either Ore City or Big Sandy in bidistrict.

Who can get in and how:  Joaquin can clinch the final spot with a win over Beckville.  To get the last spot, San Augustine needs to beat Cushing and a Joaquin loss.  The #3 team will face either Union Grove or Harleton in bidistrict.

12-2A-I

Who is in:  Centerville has clinched a playoff spot and can claim the district championship with a win over Anderson-Shiro.  The winner will get a bye to the 2nd round.

Who can get in and how:  Anderson-Shiro will gain a playoff spot unless they lose to Centerville and both Groveton and Lovelady win.  In fact, Anderson-Shiro can get the district title with a win over Centerville.  Groveton can get a spot with a win and Lovelady loss.  Lovelady can gain the final spot with a win or a Groveton loss. The #2 seed will face the loser of the Keren/Price Carlisle game and the #3 seed will get the winner.

12-2A-II

Who is in:  Iola and Normangee will vie for the district championship and the bidistrict bye.  Evadale has wrapped up the #3 spot in the district.  The Iola/Normangee loser will face the winner of the Overton/Maud game in the bidistrict round.  Evadale will take on Timpson in bidistrict.

16-1A-I

Who is in: Chester has clinched a playoff spot and can take the district championship with a Leverett's Chapel loss to Apple Springs by more than 3 points.

Who can get in and how: Leverett's Chapel can get the other spot by a win over Apple Springs or a loss of less than 14 points to Apple Springs. 

16-1A-II

Who is in:  Calvert has clinched the district championship and #1 seed. 

Who can get in and how:  The winner of the Buckholts/High Island game will capture the #2 playoff spot.

TAPPS 3-I

Houston St. Pius X and Houston St. Thomas have clinched the two playoff spots with their game this week getting the district championship.

TAPPS 4-III

Woodlands Christian has clinched the district championship.  Bay Area Christian, Bryan St. Joseph and Bryan Brazos Christian are vying for the final two spots.

TAPPS 6man 3-I

Baytown Christian and Sugar Land Logos Prep have clinched the top two spots.

TAPPS 6man 4-II

No team has clinched.  Orange Community Christian can clinch the district championship with a win over Brazosport Christian.  That would give Conroe Covenant Christian the #2 seed.

12-3A D1-Point cap is 21

Kirbyville gets the first spot with a win over EC by 11-EC would be 2nd and Buna would be 3rd

EC gets first with a win or a loss by less than 11-KV would get the 2nd spot with a win by less than 11; Buna gets the 2nd spot with an EC win 

Kountze gets the 4th spot with a win or a loss by less than 21

In 8-4A-II
If Diboll beats Tarkington, Shepherd beats Huntington, and Coldspring beats Madisonville, wouldn't that put Madisonville, Shepherd, and Diboll in a 3 way tie for second with wins over each other?
I don't know what the tie breaker is, I am assuming points against each other. Not sure who has better numbers there, I believe Shepherd would, for second???

Guest ECBucFan

12-3A-I

...  The district champ will face either Palestine Westwood or Eustace.  The #2 seed will face the higher seed of Malakoff or Elkhart with the #3 seed facing the lower.

Just asking here: Wouldn't the 2nd team get the LOWER seeded opponent, and the 3rd seed face the higher seeded one? Apologies if I am misunderstanding.

Just asking here: Wouldn't the 2nd team get the LOWER seeded opponent, and the 3rd seed face the higher seeded one? Apologies if I am misunderstanding.

You are correct...As it stands right now Dist. 12 #2 seed would get the #3 seed Elkhart, the Dist. 12 #3 seed would get the #2 seed Malakoff, Dist. 12 #1 seed would get Palestine Westwood, Kountze/Anahuac/Woodville will get Teague

I think Hull-Daisetta is somehow mathematically still alive in District 12-2A DI. If HD beats Lovelady and WH beats Groveton, then HD, Groveton and LL will all be tied for 3rd in district. HD would have to win by more than 19 (or whatever the capped number is) because Groveton beat HD by 30+. Lovelady beat Groveton by 10 I believe. Not sure what the second tie-breaker is after point spread against each other. I do think HD has a good chance of beating Lovelady having DeBlanc, Taylor, Robinett and others all back. Now WH pulling off a win vs. Groveton.... not sure.

Anyway, very slim chance, but anything's possible. HD will still play the role of the spoiler, if they beat LL, then the Lions are out and Anderson Shiro and Groveton are in.

Hey it's very very unlikely, but if WH beats Groveton and HD beats LL by 18 or more, it's a coin flip between the three to see who gets in. Come on Oilers!!

Actually, it willl go to positive points before a coin flip.  If HD does beat Lovelady and Groveton falls to West Hardin, all three teams will have beaten each other.  Then it goes to positive points, or the point spreads in the 3 games.  As it currently stands, Groveton is at +8 (more than 18 point win over HD and 10 point loss to Lovelady), Lovelady is at +10 (10 point win over Groveton) and HD is at -18 (more than 18 point loss to Groveton).  Even, if HD beats Lovelady by more than 18, the best HD will end up in the positive points is 0.  Which means Groveton gets the final spot.

Remember, only 3 schools from each district advance in 2A.

In 8-4A-II
If Diboll beats Tarkington, Shepherd beats Huntington, and Coldspring beats Madisonville, wouldn't that put Madisonville, Shepherd, and Diboll in a 3 way tie for second with wins over each other?
I don't know what the tie breaker is, I am assuming points against each other. Not sure who has better numbers there, I believe Shepherd would, for second???

You are correct.  In that case it would be Shepherd #2 with +14 Diboll #3 with -4 Madisonville #4 with -10

I think Hull-Daisetta is somehow mathematically still alive in District 12-2A DI. If HD beats Lovelady and WH beats Groveton, then HD, Groveton and LL will all be tied for 3rd in district. HD would have to win by more than 19 (or whatever the capped number is) because Groveton beat HD by 30+. Lovelady beat Groveton by 10 I believe. Not sure what the second tie-breaker is after point spread against each other. I do think HD has a good chance of beating Lovelady having DeBlanc, Taylor, Robinett and others all back. Now WH pulling off a win vs. Groveton.... not sure.

Anyway, very slim chance, but anything's possible. HD will still play the role of the spoiler, if they beat LL, then the Lions are out and Anderson Shiro and Groveton are in.

Keep dreaming. Good luck next year

The Cap # in Chester's district is 30 points.

So, best I understand this... 

LC beat Chester by 10

Chester beat Apple Springs by 45 (Max points is 30)

So this leaves Chester at +20 Total

If LC beats AS, Chester is 2nd.

If AS beats LC, Chester is District Champions (because LC is sitting at +10 and obviously would go down), Apple Springs (sitting at -30 currently) would need to win by 21.  This would put AS at -9 and LC at -11. 

If my math, or understanding of this situation is wrong, please let me know.

The Cap # in Chester's district is 30 points.

So, best I understand this... 

LC beat Chester by 10

Chester beat Apple Springs by 45 (Max points is 30)

So this leaves Chester at +20 Total

If LC beats AS, Chester is 2nd.

If AS beats LC, Chester is District Champions (because LC is sitting at +10 and obviously would go down), Apple Springs (sitting at -30 currently) would need to win by 21.  This would put AS at -9 and LC at -11. 

If my math, or understanding of this situation is wrong, please let me know.

Your math is dead on.