West Orange-Stark 42 Hardin-Jefferson 21/Final

WOSgrad

many of them were dead ball fouls, and clearly earned.  if you actually take the time to think about the penalties, few if any had any outcome on the game.  1 against WOS in each of their first two drives.  they go down and score anyway.  2 against their d on HJ's first drive.  they don't score.  3 on their TD drive at the end of the 3rd.  a false start on a scoring drive in the 4th.  an offsides penalty that was obvious against the D on an HJ drive that stalled.  that's 8 right there that i can think of just off the top of my head that didn't have any effect on anything.  i doubt all five of the other ones were crucial.  i also can't remember HJ benefitting off of any no-calls where they gained some big advantage.  I'm with you 100% that the officiating was terrible both ways, but i have a hard time giving a lot of credence to an argument that a 13-4 difference in penalties was on the officials when so many of them were blatant calls.  clear faskmask, clear pass interference (could've should've been called defensive holding), both right in front of the ref, an obvious taunting on a TD score (although i do beieve that's a stupid rule), a player punching/pushing someone in the face after a play.  so take away the obvious ones, and make it 8-4 in penalties with WOS coming out on the short end.  now ask any hawk fan if they'll trade, assuming the hawks get a free bonus touchdown to end the half.  ;)

LMBO... you and HJ2012 can try and reason, factor, figure and guess at it all you want... in the end... 42-21 ain't changing...;)

If i'm going to come on here and say that the score should've been closer, i'm going to tell you why i think so.  I'm not just going to say "it could've easily been a 7-point game last night".  I'm going to tell you why.

After seeing your posts for the last month, I don't think anyone doubts your going to explain your position... fully... without regard to the number of words you use...

Like it or not, the call on the punt was made. Had it gone against WOS I am sure I would be kinda mad also. However, there is nothing that can be changed about that game and it is what it is. HJ fans are assuming that WOS would have reacted the same way only up 7 as we did up 14. I would assume that different plays may have been called and who knows more scoring for WOS? I guess the lesson is that you can't give up more than 35 points to an outstanding team and expect to win. HJ is going to have to tighten up their D.

Like I said before, this game meant something for WOS unlike in previous meetings with HJ. I knew they would match HJ's intensity. Doesn't hurt the fact that many of them knew of a certain poster on here making comments for HJ that fired them up even more.

If you are telling me that an HJ coach threw anything at a player i will point blank call you liar

http://www.12newsnow.com/story/27181275/blitz-segment-one-103114

Play the video and watch at the 1:28 mark of the footage.  

That angle is from the opposite side of the field at the other end of the field... There are films that show a better angle... I don't care what the news boy says. The ball hit the kids helmet. The ref was right on top of it and it happened right in front of several people and everyone saw it.

The HJ coaching staff was so insistent on stopping our passing game, that they left the middle open all night. That put too much pressure on their linebackers to make plays. What put the game away was the inability to adjust, or the unwillingness to adjust in the second half. Which ever way, that costed you the game.

Like it or not, the call on the punt was made. Had it gone against WOS I am sure I would be kinda mad also. However, there is nothing that can be changed about that game and it is what it is. HJ fans are assuming that WOS would have reacted the same way only up 7 as we did up 14. I would assume that different plays may have been called and who knows more scoring for WOS? I guess the lesson is that you can't give up more than 35 points to an outstanding team and expect to win. HJ is going to have to tighten up their D.

Like I said before, this game meant something for WOS unlike in previous meetings with HJ. I knew they would match HJ's intensity. Doesn't hurt the fact that many of them knew of a certain poster on here making comments for HJ that fired them up even more.

HJ still had plenty of time to make up 13 points if they could have shoved the ball down our throats like most thought they would.WO-S defense was just a tad better than they thought and WO-S was the one that ran the ball the best.HJ just had to many 3 and out period.

If the shoe would have been on the other foot, HJ wouldn't have scored. 

The HJ coaching staff was so insistent on stopping our passing game, that they left the middle open all night. That put too much pressure on their linebackers to make plays. What put the game away was the inability to adjust, or the unwillingness to adjust in the second half. Which ever way, that costed you the game.

I've run out of "likes" for the day, but this is spot on, Nupe. 

this game could have gotten very ugly if wo-s wanted it to but stayed with the running game hj had NO ONE that could keep up with wo-s wrs.the very young dallas kid could have picked hj a part if the coaches wanted to go to there pass package but stayed on the ground,i belive mustangs fans would agree.

The game was 20-14 in the 3rd Qtr. Plenty of time to get a stop and a score against a team they were supposed to dominate up front. It sure didn't seem like HJ adjusted any gameplan when they broke for the long TD run.

That must have been some traumatic call to cause WO-S to outscore HJ 22-7, force two turnovers, and rush for over 200 yards in a tight ballgame.

And surprising that nothing can be determined from a camera angle about 50 yards downfield.