West Orange-Stark 42 Hardin-Jefferson 21/Final

WOSgrad

I wasnt there but let me see if I have this right. Late 2nd qtr wos punts and the ball hits ground and Stangs recover. Refs say it hit hj player. Wos ball and they eventually.score a TD.
2nd half hj closes to within 20-14 and after that wos goes on roll to make it 42-14.
WOS had far more penalties than HJ, right?
HJ fans: Stevie Wonder just edited this post for me and says you might want to focus more on your 2nd half defense as the difference and let go a play that realistically didnt do much to settle the final outcome. You dont know HJ was going run out the clock. What if they wanted to sneak in taking a shot, Thompson reads it and gets an INT return for TD?
Man oh man how you spin the loss then? I can hear it now.
"Our linebackers dog had gas Friday afternoon and well that made Dallas' throws better. Plus umm grass grows in China. We dont win when Beijing has grass. Yall know that, right?"

Like you said, you weren't there. The last 14 pts came off of turnovers on the offense. HJ defense wasn't on the field. Like others have posted, the likelyhood of HJ making that pass attempt wouldn't have been as likely had the refs not handed WOS the ball at the end of the first half, which led to a score.

The punt play appears to be a situation  factor for H J folks. If you would consider the reaction of the WOS players, then, maybe the matter will become clearer. Why would several players engage in recovering the ball if it had not been touched? Did the players have time to discuss a plan to MAKE UP a touch plan to say a HJ player had a ball bounce or touch his helmet? I don't think so, therefore, since the players are on the field, and they all went to recover the ball, chances are they had it right. The play should not have ended HJ players mental frame. It should have motivated them to play harder just as it did for WOS to fight harder after the refs. kept them from scoring more points by calling bad plays back to back to back on them. If these teams meet again, I believe that the score will be worse. The defense will stop those running plays that you scored on, and your team will still not be able to stop our passing game. MOVE ON from the punt play!

Personally don't care, the game is over. Just for the record, if you were at the game or have seen the replay, and I was and have, the ball did not touch any HJ player and the WOS players did not jump on the ball like a fumble but surrounded it then touched it to kill it. Further HJ's offense and WOS defense took the field before the ref's sorted this out. ....Terrible officiating......

The punt play appears to be a situation  factor for H J folks. If you would consider the reaction of the WOS players, then, maybe the matter will become clearer. Why would several players engage in recovering the ball if it had not been touched? Did the players have time to discuss a plan to MAKE UP a touch plan to say a HJ player had a ball bounce or touch his helmet? I don't think so, therefore, since the players are on the field, and they all went to recover the ball, chances are they had it right. The play should not have ended HJ players mental frame. It should have motivated them to play harder just as it did for WOS to fight harder after the refs. kept them from scoring more points by calling bad plays back to back to back on them. If these teams meet again, I believe that the score will be worse. The defense will stop those running plays that you scored on, and your team will still not be able to stop our passing game. MOVE ON from the punt play!

Were you at the game? Did you watch the video. No WOS players were fighting over the ball. The simply touched it to down it and left the field. The official screwed up...period. When asked who touched it he said #8, that is the QB who wasn't on the field. Then he said #3 who was on the opposite side of the field up front. Then he finally said #2. All the WOS fans say it was #1. If there is that much uncertainty, then how can he make a call that totally changes the game. I have watched other footage and it did NOT touch an HJ player.
WOS played hard and scored more than HJ. What gets me is the people that weren't at the game and just look at the final score. This was a hard fought game. Congrats to WOS. Hoping we meet you again this season.

The ref threw the bean bag right when the ball hit the HJ player.

I couldn't see him throw it. He was so far away from the play that he wasn't even in the shot of the video. Still NONE of the WOS players jumped on the ball like it was live and they were right on top of it.

The refs were terrible...BOTH ways.

Were you at the game? Did you watch the video. No WOS players were fighting over the ball. The simply touched it to down it and left the field. The official screwed up...period. When asked who touched it he said #8, that is the QB who wasn't on the field. Then he said #3 who was on the opposite side of the field up front. Then he finally said #2. All the WOS fans say it was #1. If there is that much uncertainty, then how can he make a call that totally changes the game. I have watched other footage and it did NOT touch an HJ player.
WOS played hard and scored more than HJ. What gets me is the people that weren't at the game and just look at the final score. This was a hard fought game. Congrats to WOS. Hoping we meet you again this season.

PS # 2 on HJ is about 5' 7" and # 1 is 6' 5" so I could see how they would get mixed up😜

I was at the game, had a better view of it than you did (because it was on our side of the field and it was right in front of us) and it looked like it hit him to everyone around us because everyone reacted when it hit him. The ref was right on top of it as well. You stating he was no where near it makes me wonder if you were really there or not. He was the CLOSEST official to the play. And for that matter, how do you know what the ref said??? They stood around and discussed it amongst themselves so you are either regurgitating hearsay, or you are one of the officials. Another thing, DT did not simply touch it and leave the field. He scooped it up and kept looking at one of the officials waiting for a reaction from him BECAUSE HE THOUGHT #1 TOUCHED IT. And lastly... AGAIN... this did not change anything. With the play, right or wrong, you got beat. You got beat at the LOS. Without the play, you get beat at the LOS. As said before, the best thing that could have happened for HJ was those refs. Had they not kept the clamps on the Mustangs the Hawks would've been run out of the stadium. Period.

I will say this the video on kbmt does not show past the Mustangs reaching down and touching the ball but it doesn't appear to be a reaction of thinking he punt was touched because no one attempted to cover it only bent over from the waist to touch it. I can't see any evidence of a touch from that video but wouldn't rule one out either.

I will say this the video on kbmt does not show past the Mustangs reaching down and touching the ball but it doesn't appear to be a reaction of thinking he punt was touched because no one attempted to cover it only bent over from the waist to touch it. I can't see any evidence of a touch from that video but wouldn't rule one out either.

Not gonna keep beating a dead horse, as I said before, these refs helped HJ more than they hurt them.

I was at the game, had a better view of it than you did (because it was on our side of the field and it was right in front of us) and it looked like it hit him to everyone around us because everyone reacted when it hit him. The ref was right on top of it as well. You stating he was no where near it makes me wonder if you were really there or not. He was the CLOSEST official to the play. And for that matter, how do you know what the ref said??? They stood around and discussed it amongst themselves so you are either regurgitating hearsay, or you are one of the officials. Another thing, DT did not simply touch it and leave the field. He scooped it up and kept looking at one of the officials waiting for a reaction from him BECAUSE HE THOUGHT #1 TOUCHED IT. And lastly... AGAIN... this did not change anything. With the play, right or wrong, you got beat. You got beat at the LOS. Without the play, you get beat at the LOS. As said before, the best thing that could have happened for HJ was those refs. Had they not kept the clamps on the Mustangs the Hawks would've been run out of the stadium. Period.

The official was blowing the play dead before the ball was picked up. 

Not gonna keep beating a dead horse, as I said before, these refs helped HJ more than they hurt them.

Maybe so....I won't argue with that either way. Like I have said before I hate that a game like this was handled as poorly as it sounds like it was. The outcome was what I expected although the spread may have been a few Ora higher. I really didn't care a lot about who won other than a few of Bedelmons post pushing me away from the Hawks. It's unfortunate that one play such as that one, which definitely had a big impact as far as momentum and maybe even strategy, was a based on a referee call instead of just a good or even bad play by the players.

Since we're STILL talking about it, if one bad call is going to effect the momentum of your team for the ENTIRE rest of the game, you don't have a good team. Case and point, the officiating was just as bad in the PNG vs. WOS game. We were down 27-13 at half. You already know what the outcome was. Good teams find a way to recover. I would like to believe that the only people holding on to this call are the fans. Because if it's the coaches and players, you won't fare too well in the playoffs.

The punt call was a huge moment in the game no matter what anyone says and it was horrible. Just think about it, if the HJ player would have touched it instinctively he would have gone after the ball instead of stepping away

All speculation. Maybe he instinctively tried to play like it didn't hit him after it did.