Old Coach Class 4A Playoff Projections

Then maybe it would be better to lose against WO-S. To avoid La Grange until after you're a bit more battle tested? Do you think Bellville or La Marque is better?

Belleville beat Wharton by 1 last week.
I don't know much about either but my guess is they would be the underdog.

From what I've seen, La Marque isn't anything close to La Grange. They're beating teams, but they're beating really bad ones, and not by all that much. The one tough opponent they faced, they lost to (Texas City). I saw that La Grange beat La Vernia bad, and they're a top 5 team in 4A-D1. I think you'd rather see La Marque than La Grange.

From what I've seen, La Marque isn't anything close to La Grange. They're beating teams, but they're beating really bad ones, and not by all that much. The one tough opponent they faced, they lost to (Texas City). I saw that La Grange beat La Vernia bad, and they're a top 5 team in 4A-D1. I think you'd rather see La Marque than La Grange.

I agree. I was just saying that Bellville will be competitive but either HJ or WOS should be able to get the W there.
The next round will be La Marque. And you're right, their district games are a joke.
That's why I really hope OF finished fourth and faces them in the first round. Might be an easy W because La Marque wouldn't have played a quality team in a few weeks.

You guys go ahead and sleep on La Marque. ;) :rolleyes:

Don't let scores or opponents fool you when accessing La Marque playoff football.

I wouldn't say anyone is sleeping on La Marque. They will win their district and are a top team, but I think they do have a chance to go down. And AAW, I think you meant "assessing" rather than "accessing" if I'm not mistaken!  ;)

Bellville is 7-1,Sweeny 5-2 and Wharton 5-3.Bellville and Sweeny play this week.Looks like second place is going to be a fight between Sweeny and Wharton.Points against is Bellville 94,Sweeny 113 and Wharton 163.However Wharton leads in points for with 294.The last place team is between 0-7 Royal and 2-6 Columbus.

Bellville is 7-1,Sweeny 5-2 and Wharton 5-3.Bellville and Sweeny play this week.Looks like second place is going to be a fight between Sweeny and Wharton.Points against is Bellville 94,Sweeny 113 and Wharton 163.However Wharton leads in points for with 294.The last place team is between 0-7 Royal and 2-6 Columbus.

Unless I'm mistaken, I think HJ beat Sweeny last year in the playoffs, if that's any kind of gauge on how they will match up. I think La Marque is better than Bellville, but I've never seen either play. Just going off of final scores and who has played whom. After next week, I think most of the playoff spots will be pretty much settled into place.

You guys go ahead and sleep on La Marque. ;) :rolleyes:

Don't let scores or opponents fool you when accessing La Marque playoff football.

Just because a team hasn't played or been tested dosen't mean they aren't as good as thier record shows.You hear it all the time...WELL THEY HAVEN'T PLAYED ANYONE.A lot of times when a team gets thier chance to play one of these type teams whished they hadn't.

Just because a team hasn't played or been tested dosen't mean they aren't as good as thier record shows.You hear it all the time...WELL THEY HAVEN'T PLAYED ANYONE.A lot of times when a team gets thier chance to play one of these type teams whished they hadn't.

It goes both ways.

and sometimes the team with the great record and the easy schedule gets punched in the mouth at the start of the game and doesn't know what hit them. Anything can happen.