Nederland 35 Port Neches-Groves 28/Final

If the Indians would have worn gray back then, why is it just coming up now?  There are players around from back then.  The whole point is tradition!  People FROM Port Neches-Groves know and love their tradition.

I commented about the "uniform" situation because it has been brought up by both Nederland and PN-G alike.  There is nothing to comment about the game.  We were out played.  Nederland did an excellent job and deserves the win.  They worked hard out on that field for that trophy.

The remaining history was not quoted because it discusses nothing about color change.  The history of the school comes from PN-G ISD itself.  

And don't talk to me about "PN-G fans."  Our entire family has been living and attending school in Port Neches for over 85 years.

Then surely one of them can confirm or deny the wearing of the grey pants??

It's just coming up now because we have a coach who had an opportunity to purchase alternate uniforms and thought it would be a nice tribute to the first PNG team to win the state championship. The end. They're brand new pants and helmets. I can't imagine them throwing them out any time soon, so we better get use to them!

I wonder if Lumberton is catching this much flak for their grey uniforms too??? :rolleyes:

I'll admit that I'm not the biggest fan of the grey pants. I think they look better with the purple jerseys than with the white ones, but in my opinion, the school colors are purple and white, and those are the only two colors that need to be displayed on any school-related uniform in any prominent way.

That said, all this debate about it is silly.

I'll admit that I'm not the biggest fan of the grey pants. I think they look better with the purple jerseys than with the white ones, but in my opinion, the school colors are purple and white, and those are the only two colors that need to be displayed on any school-related uniform in any prominent way.

That said, all this debate about it is silly.

As opposed to the other 15 threads?   :D

I'm all about different uniforms. I koved when Central went with the black uniforms in 07. I wish we would've jept them. Our new uniforms that we've had for 2 years lack a lot of gray, which happens to be one of our colors.. Majority maroon and white. It's the different that Like.

The new PN-G unies, imo, are clean.

Saw a piece if the replay on time warner...one day, someone is gonna be watching this game and wondering who in the heck Nederland was playing in those gray and white uniforms??? Just doesn't look like png to me.
Great game played by both sides and that's what makes this rivalry the best around, period....we are just in a phase of this thing right now where png needs to make some adjustments if they expect to beat the Dogs....my assessment is that Nederland currently just has created a "tougher" program that just has more nasty in it than png does...fancy offenses, alternate uniforms, 7 on 7 success, nice facilities and the sort are very nice, but these games come down to who can put their hand in the dirt and hit somebody in the mouth while taking some shots themselves....both teams played their guts out, Nederland just had a little more...this was another game that png could have easily won on paper, but these Nederland teams just seem to grind it out, fight like hell and refuse to be denied...congrats Dogs on another amazing win! These kids were not gonna let png be the ones to end Nederlands streak against the district and against the Indians, especially not on their field...png will be fine in district with maybe the exception if the central game...central a speed may give them fits but that will be another good one

Best quote on this all to long thread... Neumann has created a program that is just better than everyone else in the district... And that's the bottom line... You can build a indoor facility, a new stadium, and wear 30 different uniforms... But at the end of the day numbers don't lie... 1-5..... Sleep on that for a while.... I've watched our practices and they are by no means anything like a Nederland practice... It shows... Mental toughness, team work, and good coaching go a long way. Keeping your coaching staff in tact as well goes a long way.. Don't be surprised if this streak last longer than expected.....