Huffman Hargrave 55 Silsbee 21/Final

I was going to stay out of the QB conversations but I will give my opinion..... and it is just that an opinion.

I have watched both QB's every snap this year as agonizing as it may be..... Partain is the best "QB", he has the ability to run, the intelligence to read and a very good arm.  He doesn't have the strength of Thomas or the agility but he is the best "QB".  Thomas is good if you want to run a wildcat type offense.  Partain hasn't had time to let plays develop and given that he is young he rushes and makes mistakes.  I watched Thomas and the only time he really has been successful was this past week and that was against a lot of second team defense (and it was second team).  Teams know exactly how to play us, we pass with Partain and we run with Thomas........  We need a lot of work on the offensive line (and I mean A LOT!!), we do not have the athletes at the skill position that Silsbee is used to being blessed with.

JM2cents

Good QB analysis. I agree. The only reason I would say go to Thomas is His running ability will keep the defense from sending everyone giving him more time to pass the ball. Partain isn't getting enough time to be able to make good attempts at least Thomas might have a little more time to do so. The best solution of course would be much better play from the line.

It's amazing how so many of these teams are having down years.... BC isn't doing well AT ALL, Silsbee is slumping, and Jasper seems to be having an off year, too.  With four teams out of seven making the playoffs, it's pretty frickin' hard to miss, but it's still up for grabs.  

Let's say it like it is........ There will be some HORRIBLE teams make the playoffs this year.

I have been a proponent of more teams making playoffs in the past because I saw some very good teams getting left at home, solely due to the district they were in...... and some of those teams made it a couple of rounds deep in the playoffs.  However, in this district this year, there will be some not so good teams make the playoffs and it will be ugly the first round of playoffs....

Let's say it like it is........ There will be some HORRIBLE teams make the playoffs this year.

I have been a proponent of more teams making playoffs in the past because I saw some very good teams getting left at home, solely due to the district they were in...... and some of those teams made it a couple of rounds deep in the playoffs.  However, in this district this year, there will be some not so good teams make the playoffs and it will be ugly the first round of playoffs....

Like this district where all 4 teams make the playoffs:

10-4A DII

Houston Kashmere

Houston Scarborough

Houston Worthing

La Marque

Huffman defeated Kashmere soundly

Orangefield just beat Worthing 52-30

Scarborough is currently on a 52 game losing streak and was defeated by Huntington 56-6, Huntington's only win this year.

Scarborough will be the first team in UIL Texas high school football history to go 0-11 in a season.