Huffman Hargrave 55 Silsbee 21/Final

We couldn't cover their receivers. And when we dropped extra guys back for coverage, the qb would pick a hole and take what yards he could get. As far as our offense, we can't give Partain enough protection so he can't be accurate. He is the better passer between him and Thomas but i think the passing game is going to be a little better if we start letting Thomas run the show. This as a result of his running threat. I don't think teams will be able to send as much pressure giving him more time to throw the ball.

We couldn't cover their receivers. And when we dropped extra guys back for coverage, the qb would pick a hole and take what yards he could get. As far as our offense, we can't give Partain enough protection doge can't be accurate. He is the better passer between him and Thomas but i think the passing game is going to be a little better if we start letting Thomas run the show. This as a result of his running threat. I don't think teams will be able to send as much pressure giving him more time to throw the ball.

well hopefully LCM will get some of there players back at end of year and try to match up with them. Huffman sounds pretty good

It is late and I still think Partain is who you want throwing the ball, I just believe he isn't getting the time. Defenses are putting too much pressure on him. Thomas has the running ability that will ease that pressure off him and help open up more running opportunities. To salvage the rest of this season and have a chance of playing more than one playoff game I think that is what Is going to have to happen.

Where to even begin, well first off the district thing. That is a long ways off, I don't like putting the cart before the horse. If we keep rollin as we are, and even though I think we will that is still a big IF, it will come down to Jasper at home in week <fill in blank>. Most likely both teams will be undefeated in district when we meet. That said there were still things Huffman has to work on to make sure we keep improving.

On the Silsbee QB situation. It is harder I think than first perceived, #5 came in the second half and had success running the ball (aka clock, which Huffman was more than happy to let him do) but I know the Huffman squad and know that by the beginning of the second half they were already cycling in extra players for play time on defense. Think offense started doing this mid-way through the 3rd. That said I like the second guy if he gets some time to run that read option as both 5 and 2 look really good running downhill. When we could get a helmet on them early we bottled them up. The first QB has a really strong arm but really floats it when he throws it on the run which was much of the time. 

Congrats to Huffman. Very good team, offense, defense and special teams. Much better than my Tigers.

Silsbee's offense is struggling. Cannot find an identity. O-line is struggling. QB position is in flux. Defense took a step back tonight but all in all playing pretty decent.

I honestly do not know who the starting QB should be. Partian has a better feel for the passing game, Thomas is the much better runner in the read option. Tonight for the first time the QB's were rotated on plays and not series. Thomas took the majority of the snaps in 2nd half. He attempted only 3 passes, completing just one but it was for a TD. Silsbee ran the ball much better in 2nd half.

Tigers are off next week. Be curious to see what changes, if any, are made during the off week to prepare for Splendora in two weeks.

Just a few quick stats (very few):

1   2   3  4   T

Sil     0   7   7  7  21

Huff 14 27  7  7  55

Silsbee                                         Huffman

Passing

C. Partain   5-17-81-0-2               C. Gaitan         14-27-318-5-2

D. Thomas 2-3-42-1-0

Rushing

T. Brooks     13-93                       C Gaitan            8-56 2TD

D. Thomas    9-90 TD                  C. Marroquin      8-52

C. Partain      4-(-8)                      C. Arnold           7-18

R. Kirkendall 1-3 TD                     C. Harrell          3-36 TD

Receiving

R. Kirkendall 4-54 TD                   C. Harrell           6-136 3TD

T. Brooks      2-57                         D. Lorfing           5-75 TD

T. Gore         1-12                         R. Marches        1-80 TD

C. Marroquin     1-11

INT            Kirkendall, Mackey              Cotter, Marches

Fum Rec                                                Padgett

Congrats to Huffman. Very good team, offense, defense and special teams. Much better than my Tigers.

Silsbee's offense is struggling. Cannot find an identity. O-line is struggling. QB position is in flux. Defense took a step back tonight but all in all playing pretty decent.

I honestly do not know who the starting QB should be. Partian has a better feel for the passing game, Thomas is the much better runner in the read option. Tonight for the first time the QB's were rotated on plays and not series. Thomas took the majority of the snaps in 2nd half. He attempted only 3 passes, completing just one but it was for a TD. Silsbee ran the ball much better in 2nd half.

Tigers are off next week. Be curious to see what changes, if any, are made during the off week to prepare for Splendora in two weeks.

I agree. I just feel the only way we are going to get any time for the QB to be able to have enough time to make good attempts in the passing game is going to be by having Thomas there with that threat to run at any time. With that said we have four games left and the only one that shoud be against a team that will really test our progress will be Jasper. We should be able to win the other three with either qb. Rotating QBs just isn't the right answer in my opinion, it would be too obvious that we are looking for a handoff or throw when Chase is in. Between now and next season it may be beneficial to change the offensive scheme to where we can have Chase back there with his arm and a better running game to help ease some of that pressure on him.

I agree. I just feel the only way we are going to get any time for the QB to be able to have enough time to make good attempts in the passing game is going to be by having Thomas there with that threat to run at any time. With that said we have four games left and the only one that shoud be against a team that will really test our progress will be Jasper. We should be able to win the other three with either qb. Rotating QBs just isn't the right answer in my opinion, it would be too obvious that we are looking for a handoff or throw when Chase is in. Between now and next season it may be beneficial to change the offensive scheme to where we can have Chase back there with his arm and a better running game to help ease some of that pressure on him.

The problem with having Thomas play QB full time is that we need him every snap on defense at his FS position. Thomas plays every down on defense. Not sure he is up to playing every snap of the game.

That is definately a big problem and has been one of the reasons I have liked Chase at qb. Not sure there is a good solution to that problem. If there was someone on defense to rest Thomas it might be the better option but we have already been without one starter in that secondary.

Silsbee may not do very well this year, but that's the way it goes sometimes. Every once in a while, you have to rebuild. It is what it is... I don't think line up changes will significantly change their season. We shall see.

I agree. Losing 29 seniors from last year's team is tough to overcome. Particularly when 10 of those guys were 3 year varsity players.

The bye week may have come at the right time.

No at this point nothing will change it significantly. We should end up in the playoffs, third place at the best if the rest of the district turns out like it should. Then we will have a first round playoff game against one of the top two teams in what was supposed to be a very tough district, not sure if those teams are what they were expected to be or not. All I know is Carthage doesn't seem to be the same this year. A win for the Tigers in that first round would definately be the high point of the season and unexpected even before the season started. I really dont have a problem leaving things the way they are and getting Partain more experience this year even though it may not be the most productive thing offensively. It can only benefit the future. Either way I definately would like to see some improvement on the o line.

ST13 Silsbee will NOT be a playoff team this year. Its not happening. This is just a down year. The Silsbee OL with the 5 star recruit is just too weak! Thomas must be the starting QB if we even have a shot at beating Splendora.

My money says Silsbee beats BC, Cleveland and Splendora which puts the Tigers in the playoffs.