Nederland 51 Vidor 32/Final

WOSgrad

Good to get a win and the offense was impressive moiving the ball...the difference tonight was finishing drives and the Dogs did that last night...still really need to clean up the penalties and mental mistakes...the team went to sleep in the 3rd quarter and let vidor back in the game...vidors kids to their credit, never gave up and took advantage...they just had no answer for how to stop Nederland.

Also props to mtc for taking his medicine and admitting defeat...rob and the other vidor annual trash talkers, as usual, are no where to be found...the good news is that this routine is very predictable...talk trash for weeks on how you will beat your "rival" and the disappear when you lose.

Clean up the mistakes Dogs and get ready for Ozen now.

Come to Hamburger Depot Tuesday and meet Robandana you might find that you like him

Good to get a win and the offense was impressive moiving the ball...the difference tonight was finishing drives and the Dogs did that last night...still really need to clean up the penalties and mental mistakes...the team went to sleep in the 3rd quarter and let vidor back in the game...vidors kids to their credit, never gave up and took advantage...they just had no answer for how to stop Nederland.
Also props to mtc for taking his medicine and admitting defeat...rob and the other vidor annual trash talkers, as usual, are no where to be found...the good news is that this routine is very predictable...talk trash for weeks on how you will beat your "rival" and the disappear when you lose.
Clean up the mistakes Dogs and get ready for Ozen now.

The offensive line has been impressive ALL season IMO, these boys have put up over 400 yards a game week in and week out. The difference was 12 of 17 completed passes versus 20 of 46 last game. 400 + yards on a weekly basis is impressive period and every lineman should be commended for a job well done. I'm sure most of the linemen are thankful the rest of the TEAM showed up last night. Great win Bulldogs....keep it moving forward and keep YOUR streak alive !

Nederland's offense was impressive with Sage directing it.   However, the Pirate defense has not been able to stop any opponent so far this year, Escambia 35 points, Jasper 35 points, Channelview 44 points and now Nederland 50 points, (not 51).  Like the Bulldogs, Channelview didn't punt either, although Ned did have the quick kick.  Unless the defense improves, Vidor  will put pressure on its' offense to score each time it has the ball.  

Good game and Ned deserved the win... have to say I was pretty disappointed in a few of Neds "key" players and their lack of sportsmanship that led to the multiple personal fouls. Its really hard to appreciate their talent when their attitudes stink. Overall great game though, both teams showed a lot of fight.

Not sure I agree with your assessment. Our personal fouls were a horsecollar which was a good call, 2 or 3 face masks which were also good calls, and one after the play skirmish on your sideline(I guess this is what you are talking about?). Before you cast stones, why don't you watch the Vype video of Seay's last TD and it appears the Vidor defender may have spit in his face. Take a look.

I agree that our defense went to sleep in the 3rd and then extended a couple of Vidor drives with silly penalties, especially a couple of 4th and longs. One of them was on the Vype highlights was a clear horse collar tackle. Our D has to keep thier cool and finish out series now that the O is finishing out theirs .

vhs I don't think the penalties happened because our players attitudes stink....your disappointment can't match the players disappointment when they get flagged and know it hurts the team...but the penalties did sustain some of your drives and the pirates may have had fewer points on the board at the end of the game.

Just my opinion man, and if there was any spitting that is totally uncalled for and inexcusable.  However, I wish  the video would have shown one of said QBs previous TDs and some of his "extracurricular" work as he was getting up off a Vidor defender that tackled him as he crossed into the endzone.   I had a very good view of this at the game. 

Anyway, like I said great game and the Dogs clearly deserved the win. 

Just my opinion man, and if there was any spitting that is totally uncalled for and inexcusable. However, I wish the video would have shown one of said QBs previous TDs and some of his "extracurricular" work as he was getting up off a Vidor defender that tackled him as he crossed into the endzone. I had a very good view of this at the game.

Anyway, like I said great game and the Dogs clearly deserved the win.

Fair enough. I didn't see the play you were referring to. I think the Pirates will be a handful as the young guys mature and improve. Good luck the rest of the way.

Penalties happen. Nederland has been eaten up with major penalties including unsportsmanlike and personal fouls. I think it is more than an anomaly.

Agressive football is one thing but tempers are another. Can it change? Sure but poise is harder to teach than skill in my opinion.

pretty sure every one saw the player on the side lines doing push ups for his contribution to the penalties,  #99 had one of the strongest talks i have heard from the head coach concerning his action.

Not really rob some games is how you start and momentum, by season ends i think we all will be pulling for pirates. They will only get better at what they doing, my sons said they were beat up after this one.

Mayfield,  you should be very proud of your two boys.  They played with a high level of intensity not only that they were very positive leading the team on.   when ned allowed vidor back into the 3rd your kids were pumping up their team.   GREAT Job to you, positive role model