Sam Houston St (1-3) @ Lamar (3-1)

CraigS

SAM HOUSTON ST.

#2 FCS E. Washington (3-1) L (56-35)

Alabama State  (3-1) W (51-20)

#8 FBS LSU   (3-1) L (56-0)

#2 DII Colorado State - Pueblo (3-0) L (47-21)

Opponents record: 12-3 - a combined 9 wins other than FBS LSU

LAMAR

Grambling St. (1-3) W (42-27)
#6 FBS Texas A&M (4-0) L (73-3)

Texas College  (0-4) W (73-0)

Mississippi College (0-4)  W (55-10)

Opponents record: 5-10 - a combined 1 win other than FBS Texas A&M.

I copied this (my comments) from the "How do you fix Lamar" Thread 

Apparently there's not much interest in LU football and that is why it will not be much of a success. It's not a secret I support Sam Houston State (My daughter is an athlete there). I started a thread for SHSU -v- LU included opponent information to get some talk going as the SLC gets kicked off.

Only 12 views and 1 comment - from a sports forum right here at home. If people here cant get excited about LU football then it just wont be much of a success. People on this board will talk (several pages) on just about any match-up in the country....yet LU gets nothing.

After reading and participating in this thread early on, I decided to take this discussion on the road....it was said to me that LU football WOULD SUCCEED...due to there being to much "big money" supporting it now....well that may be so as far as the program not being canceled again....but shear existence is not what I'd call success or "fixed" as this thread was asking.........

Eat'em Up Kats

Maybe there are not many posts here because most if not all Lamar talk is on their own message board.

I invite you to take a look at this site and I believe you will get some response:

http://bigredinsider.com/

It's a very good site for all Lamar things.

We use to have a separate Lamar board here but when these guys came along, felt it was no longer needed. Mike Melancon and those guys do a great job with that site.

I am pretty sure they would enjoy having a SHSU supporters thoughts over there.
;)

Don't get me wrong, I want you to continue to post here about Lamar and SHSU, but I think you will see with the BRI site that there is still some interest in Lamar.

Maybe there are not many posts here because most if not all Lamar talk is on their own message board.

I invite you to take a look at this site and I believe you will get some response:

We use to have a separate Lamar board here but when these guys came along, felt it was no longer needed. Mike Melancon and those guys do a great job with that site.

;)

Don't get me wrong, I want you to continue to post here about Lamar and SHSU, but I think you will see with the BRI site that there is still some interest in Lamar.

I get that. But LU isnt the ONLY school to have this, YET, everyone still talks it up on here...I get your point though....maybe I will introduce a little BearKat insight over there....I ain't skeered...lol

In fact i have an invite to sit with players parents in my very bright orange SHSU garb...bet is: If SHSU loses I have to put on an LU shirt to take pics with local "Silsbee" player...I just can't get his dad to agree to put on a SHSU t-shirt for said pic WHEN - SHSU wins...

;)

I took your advice - lets see how long they allow me to stay after complaining about how much they hate the "sissy fans" and getting kicked out of the BearKat forums....just wondering ...if they kick me out of the Cardinal forum - will that make them "sissy fans" as well?

I took your advice - lets see how long they allow me to stay after complaining about how much they hate the "sissy fans" and getting kicked out of the BearKat forums....just wondering ...if they kick me out of the Cardinal forum - will that make them "sissy fans" as well?

I saw that you joined. You should get some replies. :D

Lot of those guys over there despise SHSU. ;)

AND - joined the SHSU forum at the same time I joined LU - there is constant discussion over there - since I posted on LU---zero responses....since I posted on SHSU 10 plus....that's my point as far as participation from fans within the program....however, you are correct AAW that is where what action there is would be found surrounding LU football (or sports in general) - thanks for the heads up!

We will have to see but Sam does not appear to be quite the team they were the last 3 years.  Your point about no chatter from LU fans is well taken and is because LU fans are at best skeptical about Woodard's ability to be anything better than a 5-7 to 7-5 coach in the SLC and after 4 years of beating our chests, we are taking the wait and see approach with not a great deal of hope!  If Woodard surprises us we will be more than overjoyed and if we win Saturday you will have to cover up from the smack talk you will get.  However, no one is going out on a limb at this point and talking smack or making bold predictions.  Last years game, a 14-3 win by Sam, quieted down the Sam fans and they were not nearly as arrogant as past years.  I expect a close game and still give the edge to Sam but think the scoring will be much higher for both teams than last year.

We will have to see but Sam does not appear to be quite the team they were the last 3 years.  Your point about no chatter from LU fans is well taken and is because LU fans are at best skeptical about Woodard's ability to be anything better than a 5-7 to 7-5 coach in the SLC and after 4 years of beating our chests, we are taking the wait and see approach with not a great deal of hope!  If Woodard surprises us we will be more than overjoyed and if we win Saturday you will have to cover up from the smack talk you will get.  However, no one is going out on a limb at this point and talking smack or making bold predictions.  Last years game, a 14-3 win by Sam, quieted down the Sam fans and they were not nearly as arrogant as past years.  I expect a close game and still give the edge to Sam but think the scoring will be much higher for both teams than last year.

Good post - And with the slow start at SHSU, with the new coach, "some" fans are already calling for his head....it takes time (in most cases) for anything new to take hold - we see it at UT with the fans - some say 3 years, etc...This is a hard game to predict - with the conflicting schedules and coaching situation. 

You hear it all the time - but they haven't played anybody....that schedule better prepares them for ....and the the coaches...7th year (5th in the league) and a 1st year coach......gonna be fun sitting among my LU friends...friendly wagers... and lots of smack talking........