Hardin-Jefferson 27 Little Cypress-Mauriceville 7/Final

WOSgrad

Week in and week out its the same thing.. Mon-Thurs people doubting the Hawks.. too slow and unathletic. Then the Sat morning are always filled with excuses as to why the Hawks crammed the ball down that teams throat.. or even better how their offense didn't show up. The hawk defense had a hell of a game last night. Who would have expected that out of an undersized team??? If you really think HJ cant hang with WOS you have no idea what this HJ team is about. We aren't looking to be more athletic than teams.. Just looking to wear you out.. and thats what HJ has and will do week in and week out. It's a great day to be a Hawk.

Week in and week out its the same thing.. Mon-Thurs people doubting the Hawks.. too slow and unathletic. Then the Sat morning are always filled with excuses as to why the Hawks crammed the ball down that teams throat.. or even better how their offense didn't show up. The hawk defense had a hell of a game last night. Who would have expected that out of an undersized team??? If you really think HJ cant hang with WOS you have no idea what this HJ team is about. We aren't looking to be more athletic than teams.. Just looking to wear you out.. and thats what HJ has and will do week in and week out. It's a great day to be a Hawk.

No one wears out the Stangs, many have tried. We are the best conditioned team in the area. IF that is HJ's strategy they had better come up with another gameplan. Everyone comes in thinking or hoping they can beat us. Few do. HJ is an outstanding, well coached team. They are definately one of the top teams in the area and have earned their victories. To beat WOS you have to out speed us and outquick us as happened in our playoff losses to Navasota and Coldspring. I just don't think HJ can do that. Not that they are slow or unathletic, just that WOS has more overall. 

"To beat WOS you have to out speed us and outquick us"

Could Not Disagree More

No one wears out the Stangs, many have tried. We are the best conditioned team in the area. IF that is HJ's strategy they had better come up with another gameplan. Everyone comes in thinking or hoping they can beat us. Few do. HJ is an outstanding, well coached team. They are definately one of the top teams in the area and have earned their victories. To beat WOS you have to out speed us and outquick us as happened in our playoff losses to Navasota and Coldspring. I just don't think HJ can do that. Not that they are slow or unathletic, just that WOS has more overall.

No one wears out the Stangs, many have tried. We are the best conditioned team in the area. IF that is HJ's strategy they had better come up with another gameplan. Everyone comes in thinking or hoping they can beat us. Few do. HJ is an outstanding, well coached team. They are definately one of the top teams in the area and have earned their victories. To beat WOS you have to out speed us and outquick us as happened in our playoff losses to Navasota and Coldspring. I just don't think HJ can do that. Not that they are slow or unathletic, just that WOS has more overall.

Keep thinking that. The facts are WOS has not regularly seen the slot t offense. One of the many perks to this offense is it WILL wear down the defense. ESPECIALLY if you are not used to seeing it and facing it. Many teams have been well conditioned but, if the offense works like it should, they were sucking wind at the 4th quarter. The ONLY way to make sure your defense does not get worn out by this offense is to have long time consuming drives by your offense and WOS is not known for that. Now I am not questioning the conditioning of WOS, they are one of the most conditioned teams in SETX but trust me when I say that this offense will wear yall down. Especially with the way coach Dubois runs it.

What you fail to realize is this offense that HJ is so good at running is geared towards eating time and taking athleticism out of the defense.. Hj will hit a team for 3 or 4 yards all day and perfectly content with that.. You can have world class speed but you need to have a solid strategy and be super disciplined to stop the slot T.. Its the perfect offense to run against WOS. Can't wait for this match up.

What you fail to realize is this offense that HJ is so good at running is geared towards eating time and taking athleticism out of the defense.. Hj will hit a team for 3 or 4 yards all day and perfectly content with that.. You can have world class speed but you need to have a solid strategy and be super disciplined to stop the slot T.. Its the perfect offense to run against WOS. Can't wait for this match up.

Curious, when was the last time WO-S lost to a slot T team? (scrimmages do not count Vidor fans)

My point being that the quality and skill of the players executing this offense will determine how successful the offense will be against WO-S, not the type of offense.

This is not the first "rodeo" for the Chain Gang defense. Mustangs have seen their share of slot T, wing T and other run oriented offenses.

Curious, when was the last time WO-S lost to a slot T team? (scrimmages do not count Vidor fans)

My point being that the quality and skill of the players executing this offense will determine how successful the offense will be against WO-S, not the type of offense.

This is not the first "rodeo" for the Chain Gang defense. Mustangs have seen their share of slot T, wing T and other run oriented offenses.

When was the last time WOS faced a slot t team?? And as you said aaw scrimmages don't count.

Last year HJ ran all over them but couldn't get in, once in the red zone. Could not stop their passing game at all. Mostly new running backs this year and they are doing a good job. I believe stopping wos passing game will be the difference, with that said there are a ton of more important games coming up first. Go Hawks!!!