Corrgin Camden @ Kountze

aTmfan06

Ok...watched CC and Trinity film...watched HJ and Kountze again! LOL.
Here is my take...
CC had issues with defending the pass and does not contain speed well on the outside. On offense they run at you but they have several tendencies that tip their hand and they are nowhere as big and physical as HJ. But they do pound it at a team with success. That being said; after also looking at earlier film with CC...well it made me question the strength of schedule, defenses were soft and Offenses suspect. Kountze on the other hand has played tough pre-district schedule that has tested the intestinal fortitude of the Lions...the Lion defense is tougher than Trinity and Kountze passing game may be more than CC can handle. As far as running game...well outside is solid...between the tackles is inconsistent. Kountze should be near 100% God willing and the creek don't rise! All that being said: I think Kountze passes and breaks containment more than CC has success running and when our offense stalls Kountze has one of the regions best punters who can flip the field for the defense with great consistency. I did not see that same complement supporting the CC defense. IMO Kountze gets the W and takes another step towards being ready for Kirbyville!

I watched them in person when they scrimmaged Woodville. They are beatable. Their front seven is one of the better 3A front sevens in the area. They aren't huge, but they're aggressive and smart. Their tailback is probably the best true running back Kountze will see all year. Their offensive line has perfected the term "block as a unit". They are strong, but a little undersized. The key to a win for Kountze is to exploit their questionable secondary. CC has all the speed in the world to beat Kountze. But the technique and football IQ of the secondary is lacking.

Woodville threw and ran the ball well against CC. And our defense, other than a couple big plays, was fairly successful too. Stack the box on defense and get your passing game going and it will be a good game. But if CC gets rolling on offense, look out. You don't want to get into a shoot out with this team.