Clear Lake 21 Nederland 13/Final

WOSgrad

We can not tackle ,block, catch , run the ball...Sage needs to be moved to safety,line backer,running back,WR,tackle.gaurd, and we will win ...What the hell is wrong with you Neumann you cant do this....Half the people on here from Nederland would have given there next born kid to Neumann in the last 10 years if he would have asked .....So lets not panic just yet PRE-SEASON .......Just saying these guys coaching the team will make the adjustments needed ....Go Dogs.....PS. was number 45 on CL a freak of nature OR WHAT

We can not tackle ,block, catch , run the ball...Sage needs to be moved to safety,line backer,running back,WR,tackle.gaurd, and we will win ...What the hell is wrong with you Neumann you cant do this....Half the people on here from Nederland would have given there next born kid to Neumann in the last 10 years if he would have asked .....So lets not panic just yet PRE-SEASON .......Just saying these guys coaching the team will make the adjustments needed ....Go Dogs.....PS. was number 45 on CL a freak of nature OR WHAT

we have kids on this team that have played ball together for many years,  we all know that the history of little league ball runs deep in setx.  so on this team we punish a receiver by placing him on defense, we take a kid that has played QB all his life and now his is a linebacker.  we practice these kids in new spots for 3 days and expect them to preform.  i understand adjustments but some just really are a stretch

I couldn't agree with you more Mr. Garrity, back-up QB has a good arm...by no means am I downing the kicker Ned has, I know he is doing the best he can..agree with NDNWarrior that the kicker plays a huge role..can't remember last time Ned started 0-3...

i would like to add to this, not only is there a need to relook at player positions, but the players need to look at team leadership. I watched intently this game and at no point did i see any team member attempting to rally his fellow players,  I heard one, #10, saying f those mother fers several times as he walked up and down the sidelines.   years past i noticed more than one that would keep his players heads up and attempt to motivate.  LOTS of work in mid county...Our kids need our help with some direction.   there is talent just time to bring it together

Let's face it completing only 20 of 46.....game changer. Complete half of those passes ......different game.
I saw a ton of improvement from the O line last night. Still had a few mistakes mostly outside the tackles. Bottom line the offense moved the ball ALL night long. Just couldn't capitalize in the. RedZone or catch passes. We have the players to win, but need to move some around so we can complete more than 40% of passes and hold on to the ball .

There is not gonna be an easy fix for this team. Sage is gonna play qb and he should. Gotta tackle and hold onto the ball. Special teams was not very good either. What they need is support, not a division of the team. We are in a hole and gonna try to climb out. Gonna be tough in Vidor but hopefully we prevail. We can't have any more injuries.

this is an easy fix, team work!!!!!..Poor Sage is used as a one man team, this causes issues.  That ned team has tools across the board,  several good runners, kids with great hands.  if they would spread this out opposition would not be able to focus on sage.  anyone that scouts nederland knows that they run the same plays in almost the same patterns.

i would like to add to this, not only is there a need to relook at player positions, but the players need to look at team leadership. I watched intently this game and at no point did i see any team member attempting to rally his fellow players,  I heard one, #10, saying f those mother fers several times as he walked up and down the sidelines.   years past i noticed more than one that would keep his players heads up and attempt to motivate.  LOTS of work in mid county...Our kids need our help with some direction.   there is talent just time to bring it together

Absolutely agree.

Sext sports fan. I must have been at different games the past three weeks than you. Yeah we have a qb playing lb and he held his own. From my knowledge I don't remember Jacob being a line backer on the under levels. This is a new position for him. Also, the team is struggling as a whole. I know that the coaches haven't changed what they do and most people will agree that over the years it is one of the best staffs around. I am not sure what you are talking about on looking at positions but judging from your junior football comment that you probably coached junior football. I think the coaches have the best kid that they feel on the field all the time. To just say teamwork is the easy fix is ok, but you need to clarify that. How? Tacking is an issue also, but how many more tackling drills do they do? This team has it's own identity and right now they are struggling. What changes in personnel would you recommend

we have kids on this team that have played ball together for many years, we all know that the history of little league ball runs deep in setx. so on this team we punish a receiver by placing him on defense, we take a kid that has played QB all his life and now his is a linebacker. we practice these kids in new spots for 3 days and expect them to preform. i understand adjustments but some just really are a stretch

Has to be one of the more head scratcher posts I've read in a while. Punish a kid for having him play defense... Is he a D1 receiver? Asking a kid who wasn't playing at QB, to contribute at LB... Oh the horror of these dastatlrdly moves... Poor kids.

Our offense and defense are good as evidenced by a couple of 400 yard games on offense and facing the likes of crosby and dayton with their offenses the problem I see is inside the 20 yard line. We have left alot of points off the board some of it due to penalties some of it turnovers I think the problem is inside the 20 the defense has less room to cover than they do say at the 50 and it actually bogs down our offense with our spread attack. I think a change in offense in this territory would help alot I have no doubt Neumann and staff will make this adjustment.

Sext sports fan. I must have been at different games the past three weeks than you. Yeah we have a qb playing lb and he held his own. From my knowledge I don't remember Jacob being a line backer on the under levels. This is a new position for him. Also, the team is struggling as a whole. I know that the coaches haven't changed what they do and most people will agree that over the years it is one of the best staffs around. I am not sure what you are talking about on looking at positions but judging from your junior football comment that you probably coached junior football. I think the coaches have the best kid that they feel on the field all the time. To just say teamwork is the easy fix is ok, but you need to clarify that. How? Tacking is an issue also, but how many more tackling drills do they do? This team has it's own identity and right now they are struggling. What changes in personnel would you recommend

you also have a receiver playing def. well as a matter of fact there are several kid that have been successful in spots that fit there abilities much better that what monte believes.  check the past ball records, excluding the jv as they are used as a practice team.

comes a point that if you have to second guess your ability to remember then dont post.

coaches are a great staff,  still room to improve there as well.    The o line has two coaches, fact one is from the center to the right the other has left guard and left tackle, then again monte who like to put input in to the entire line which is contrary to what was practiced.

if you have to question how many tackle drill do you do then you have failed to be on a program that has been state proven for many years in a row.   tackle drills teach the fundemtals of ball, this is D at is best wrap up and or pursue to the ball, read the O. this still is not why Nederland is having issues with putting points on the board. With out a doubt it is why they are not on the winning side of the score.

Anyone that has had a player on this club knows that it is not always the best player on the field.  the local politics controls a lot when it comes to that.

TEAM WORK,  again take a good look at the team in question.  When you have one go to guy for everything it tends to bring down the others that meet on that practice field all week long.  when the go to guy is prancing up the side line stating Fu that team  F those Mother FUc..  it does not bring forward a champion mindset.

Go watch the movie longest yard.  when the line lays down and will not block what happens..    No single hereos on a team.  they would need a car vs a bus to travel.

Has to be one of the more head scratcher posts I've read in a while. Punish a kid for having him play defense... Is he a D1 receiver? Asking a kid who wasn't playing at QB, to contribute at LB... Oh the horror of these dastatlrdly moves... Poor kids.

one of those deals that you have to know the entire story.   welcome to nederland ball,