Colmesneil vs Groveton

Colmesneil vs Groveton Pick'em  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you pick to win the Colmesneil vs Groveton game?

• Colmesneil
    • Groveton

This week the Bulldogs of Colmesneil take on the Indians of Groveton. This is a battle of 2 teams who have yet to get a win this season. So, someone will bounce back and someone will still be left trying to figure out how to get in the win column. I would say history is on Groveton's side, but with a new coach and from what I hear a new offense the Indians may find themselves in a fight on Friday to get a win. Colmesneil goes into the game still trying to find its new identity. The defense has given up 71 points in 2 games and the offense has yet to start clicking. It should be a good competitive game. Who do you got?

I think that Colmesneil takes this one, there is to much disarray going on in Groveton right now.  My son graduated from there two years ago and I have been to both games this year.  It is sad to watch what was once a powerhouse program slip down so far.  They definitely don't have the athletes they used to have but the whole offense has changed.  Groveton has always been a ground and pound team and now they are in spread which they clearly do not have the athletes for.  I think the problem started when the old superintendent retired (who was an old football coach), and now they have some pencil neck micro manager running things.  It seemed like the next day coaches were leaving for greener pastures.  In my opinion I thought Coach Parker did a great job while he was there, never were we blown out by Trinity or Corrigan.  He was great with the kids and parents.  I really don't know what happened but I do know he is coaching in Brenham now.  This new guy from Dayton won't last past November if that long.  I am hearing from other parents that he cusses at other coaches and kids, his DC has already posted his resume online and if Parker got ran out of town for going 6-5 in a much tougher district, this guy is history.  I hope for the kids sake they turn it around but I think there is a reason this guy stayed a coordinator for so long. 

Colmesneil just needs to discontinue football!

Colmesniel (like many other schools) just does not know how to go about it. Having consistent success that is. Gotta hire a really good coach...it's gonna cost you. And then let him do what he what's with staffing. Pay him enough to make him stay. Leave him alone for a few years..it's gonna take time.

Problem is everyone wants "fix now for cheap". It doesn't exist. With anything.

That's the best way to support the kids, just do away with it! I don't agree with that at all! San Augustine is no good at baseball or softball so just discontinue it. Come on man!

Well...San Augustine doesnt have a softball team.  But, I do agree that baseball in SA has been terrible over the last 5 years.  Tenaha did it with baseball...why waste school money if you cant get it right?

Please define getting it right! A state championship? A winning record? Or being good every couple of years or so? Let's not lose sight of the fact that these are high school kids who need direction! Colmesneil went 10-2 last year and now there's mention of them discontinuing football, wow!

I would bet that Coach Jones has posted his resume, not because he is looking to get out of Groveton but because he is looking for a Head Coaching position.  I know that he used to be at High Island before they went 6-man, as the AD/HC.  But maybe not...  Only time will tell.

I think if I gave up 130 points in two games I would be looking to get out but I could be wrong.  The talent level is just depleted but the issue here in this town is people are still living in the glory days when the Horace's and Thomas' were here.  You are still expected to go three or four rounds deep with no talent.  Sad situation.  Maybe Groveton should cancel football, they did go three rounds deep in baseball last year LOL!!!!!

Well it is game day and the poll suggests many think Groveton will take this game. But, ultimately it will be decided in the trenches tonight.Both teams have struggled on both sides of the ball in the first two weeks, so in my opinion whoever shows the most improvement on the defensive side will come out victorious. Because it is a possibility if neither teams shores up their defense we could have a shootout tonight and both offenses could look very prolific.

Lol this is quite ridiculous. To even suggest that a school discontinue a sport that the kids are passionate about and love to play is a PUNK move. Seriously. Even to joke about it is completely disrespectful and ignorant in itself. And, as was already stated, they went 10-2 last year. There's a lot of passion for that football program within the town and the school. I know that personally. They go from a playoff team last year to losing the first two games of this year, but all of a sudden they're the bottom of the pile? Lol okay. Please be realistic an tryyyyy to maintain a bit of maturity about you when talking about programs in a negative light. There are kids at these schools who read this stuff.