Kountze @ HJ

aTmfan06

*****ISSUES*****

Coach Franklin was hired by a Baseball Board? Man...please! First of all the job Coach Franklin given was discussed with Coach Joubert and he declined the Head Football end of the Job! So that pretty well spits in your punch on that point...Baseball Heavy that's a dang knee slapped!
Second, Tracy was equally if not more importantly brought here because of his administrative capabilities...(he did act as asst. dean of displine at the high school as well on top of Coaching and AD duties...just Football or Baseball oh FYI HE coached our girls Basketball program to the playoffs as well! As a matter of fact under Coach Franklin Kountze made a lot of athletic strides outside of Football
The school Has enjoyed nice success in dang near every sport for the two years he was the man...so there is another big hauker in you Koolaid!
Now for the record I am glad Coach Joubert took the job because he is a more experienced football guy and the kids needed a more seamless transfer of the reins, plus he will pick and has picked up the program and is moving it forward, but on the heals of a lot of hard work by Coach Franklin to get it off the ground.
Oh and this past year he was head baseball and did not even pay himself!

****Old School...I don't know ya and really don't care about your opinion and I'm sure u don't care about mine...but my statement above is not opinion it's facts and before you make anymore ignorant (because you don't know any better) and lay dispersions on anyone else, please show them the God given respect u would want shown to you...God Bless and have a great day!

I don't know what I was thinking. Small school board members don't make decisions based on personal agenda. I must be an idiot to even think such a thing.

Kountze had success in multiple sports? Baseball district champs, football playoffs (*4th place), girls bball playoff, boys bball district champs, what am I missing?.. Doesn't matter. Well since there was so much success...because it sounds to me that none of that happened before...let's build a statue of the guy. Hey..pass a bond. I'd vote for it if I lived there.

As far as me showing respect..I do expect people to be truthful with me. If my honesty is "respect" to you I really don't care. I don't believe in sugar coating.

Best of luck Coach Joubert.

I don't know what I was thinking. Small school board members don't make decisions based on personal agenda. I must be an idiot to even think such a thing.

Kountze had success in multiple sports? Baseball district champs, football playoffs (*4th place), girls bball playoff, boys bball district champs, what am I missing?.. Doesn't matter. Well since there was so much success...because it sounds to me that none of that happened before...let's build a statue of the guy. Hey..pass a bond. I'd vote for it if I lived there.

As far as me showing respect..I do expect people to be truthful with me. If my honesty is "respect" to you I really don't care. I don't believe in sugar coating.

Best of luck Coach Joubert.

No Sir u just believe in showing how little you know! But I'm sure Coach Joubert thanks you for you heart felt wish...oh PS...only one board member had a baseball player in the baseball program...ONE!

Kountze will NOT beable to play with HJ.. The staff doesn't have the kids inshape at all. The OC calls the same plays over and over  Arnold rolls out left and throws the deep ball to Harper. Arnold rolls out right throws deep ball to Harper. The OLine doesn't block anybody Shepard ran right through them every play. They are a 1 half team. Very Very GOOD athletes but NO where near in shape. In a small community evryone plays both ways. Its been going on for years playing BOTH WAYS. These kids are NO where near inshape and the run the same plays over and over. Going to be a LONG YEAR for the Lions unless the make some changes to the offense and start running the ball. Passing every down will get you no where they need more balance to that Offense..

HJ 42

KTZ.7

Guest Farmer Fran

Yeah I know that's why I made that prediction. Hj is on the level of Kirbyville

WOW!! On the same level as Kirbyville!! I am sure the HJ faithful are impressed with that statement :rolleyes:

Sorry to tell you this, HJ is better than Kville.

Oh I forgot to mention, this is not a Kville thread. ;)

Kountze will NOT beable to play with HJ.. The staff doesn't have the kids inshape at all. The OC calls the same plays over and over  Arnold rolls out left and throws the deep ball to Harper. Arnold rolls out right throws deep ball to Harper. The OLine doesn't block anybody Shepard ran right through them every play. They are a 1 half team. Very Very GOOD athletes but NO where near in shape. In a small community evryone plays both ways. Its been going on for years playing BOTH WAYS. These kids are NO where near inshape and the run the same plays over and over. Going to be a LONG YEAR for the Lions unless the make some changes to the offense and start running the ball. Passing every down will get you no where they need more balance to that Offense..

HJ 42

KTZ.7

Yes Kountze players were not in game shape because shepherd had played a game in week 1 and Kountze had not seen an opponent in 2 weeks.  The kids are in shape but game shape is a different thing in my opinion.  The game was close until Kountze players ran out of gas and shepherd showed they were in game shape.  Yes Kountze O-line had trouble blocking Shepherd D-line but Shepherds line was good.  Just because the QB throws to same player a lot of the time does not mean it is the same play over and over. 

Kountze will NOT beable to play with HJ.. The staff doesn't have the kids inshape at all. The OC calls the same plays over and over Arnold rolls out left and throws the deep ball to Harper. Arnold rolls out right throws deep ball to Harper. The OLine doesn't block anybody Shepard ran right through them every play. They are a 1 half team. Very Very GOOD athletes but NO where near in shape. In a small community evryone plays both ways. Its been going on for years playing BOTH WAYS. These kids are NO where near inshape and the run the same plays over and over. Going to be a LONG YEAR for the Lions unless the make some changes to the offense and start running the ball. Passing every down will get you no where they need more balance to that Offense..

HJ 42
KTZ.7

Words of a idiot

Words of an idiot.

There is sometimes confusion about whether to use an or a. The sound of a word's first letter determines which to use. If the word starts with a vowel sound, you should use an. If it starts with a consonant sound, you should use a.

Thank you for the English lesson. I'm willing to bet that you use proper grammar 24/7.

Kountze will NOT beable to play with HJ.. The staff doesn't have the kids inshape at all. The OC calls the same plays over and over Arnold rolls out left and throws the deep ball to Harper. Arnold rolls out right throws deep ball to Harper. The OLine doesn't block anybody Shepard ran right through them every play. They are a 1 half team. Very Very GOOD athletes but NO where near in shape. In a small community evryone plays both ways. Its been going on for years playing BOTH WAYS. These kids are NO where near inshape and the run the same plays over and over. Going to be a LONG YEAR for the Lions unless the make some changes to the offense and start running the ball. Passing every down will get you no where they need more balance to that Offense..

HJ 42
KTZ.7

IMO...a lot of what you said has merit, but once again Kountze had only played "ONE QTR." Of football before This past Friday night...I think HJ will be a big mountain to climb, but this is the purpose of playing up...look a win would be a big boost to the ole' MOJO, but the most important thing is continue to improve in as many areas as possible. Give Coach Joubert a chance to react to the film and to what he personally absorbed. I know he will make the necessary adjustments and I'm sure more will follow over the next two games...tough schedule, but worth it!

This is all very entertaining..... HJ is on the level of Kirbyville????? That's funny right there, I don't care who you are..... Fact of the matter is, the Kountze community, as a whole, doesn't care about the football program.... We were in that rut for a good while... You need a coach in there that has no ties to the community, with a plan, and some passion for the game.... I don't know Joubert or how he is doing right now so he may be the guy....We were blessed last year when our board decided to hire a "football" guy.... Our kids are grateful...I can promise you this, Kountze has the athletes to have a top-notch football program... And its not their fault... Hey Kountze fans, does this sound familiar? Parents in the stands yelling at the coaches on the field, parents in the stands yelling at each other, kids not respecting authority, negativity in the locker room, negativity in the halls, negativity on the sideline, negativity in the stands,  and negativity in the stores and businesses.... We were there..... Stand up and make some noise....... Find out where your board members are when it comes to athletics.... Call them out at a board meeting... Email each one....Find out what they are thinking and then rally together.... Each meeting, fill the boardroom with "pissed off" football parents....I don't know if it helped us, but I do know when the time came to hire a new coach, we got the best one....Arguing amongst each other, only feeds the fire that will burn your program to the ground... We were there!!!!! Now we sit in the stands, laughing, high 5;s all around, making Ric Flair noises...... Its awesome....

This is all very entertaining..... HJ is on the level of Kirbyville????? That's funny right there, I don't care who you are..... Fact of the matter is, the Kountze community, as a whole, doesn't care about the football program.... We were in that rut for a good while... You need a coach in there that has no ties to the community, with a plan, and some passion for the game.... I don't know Joubert or how he is doing right now so he may be the guy....We were blessed last year when our board decided to hire a "football" guy.... Our kids are grateful...I can promise you this, Kountze has the athletes to have a top-notch football program... And its not their fault... Hey Kountze fans, does this sound familiar? Parents in the stands yelling at the coaches on the field, parents in the stands yelling at each other, kids not respecting authority, negativity in the locker room, negativity in the halls, negativity on the sideline, negativity in the stands,  and negativity in the stores and businesses.... We were there..... Stand up and make some noise....... Find out where your board members are when it comes to athletics.... Call them out at a board meeting... Email each one....Find out what they are thinking and then rally together.... Each meeting, fill the boardroom with "pissed off" football parents....I don't know if it helped us, but I do know when the time came to hire a new coach, we got the best one....Arguing amongst each other, only feeds the fire that will burn your program to the ground... We were there!!!!! Now we sit in the stands, laughing, high 5;s all around, making Ric Flair noises...... Its awesome....

******SPOT ON POST*******

One exception...I do believe Joubert is an able Coach...but this the community has to get behind him and support the program without fail! The kids love him and believe in him and given the chance, along with the aforementioned support, he will succeed!

Heaven forbid someone be honest.

"Yay we made playoffs!" I all I said was hey...didn't they go 6-5? And get 4th place...again?

"Coach Franklyn is a hero!" hey...he hadn't done anything different. Besides..I have several friends that coach. Only reason he was hired is because his son is a pitcher...and the board is baseball heavy.

You want something positive... Coach Joubert being named AD/head fball was best decision KHS has made in a while, and it should've been done years ago. It's just unfortunate it was done when 40 kids came out and he has a coaching shortage. It was uphill from the start.

Don't like my opinion...cry me a river.

Well then you could at least criticize a coach by his correct name. It's Franklin, not Franklyn.

I wasn't criticizing anyone. Let's just say I'm not surprised he wasn't nominated for Coach of the Universe. They went 6-5 and was 4th place...like always. All the other sports were competitive in their district...like always. Basketball was one of the top teams in the state and made a deep run...like always.

You guys were the ones rolling out the red carpet. Not saying he did a bad job.. Just saying he didn't do anything above the previous AD's. No matter how you spell his name.

I wasn't criticizing anyone. Let's just say I'm not surprised he wasn't nominated for Coach of the Universe. They went 6-5 and was 4th place...like always. All the other sports were competitive in their district...like always. Basketball was one of the top teams in the state and made a deep run...like always.

You guys were the ones rolling out the red carpet. Not saying he did a bad job.. Just saying he didn't do anything above the previous AD's. No matter how you spell his name.

***OLD SCHOOL***

Your initial position on Coach Franklin was proven to be BS due to an obvious lack accurate information...then it was the fact you were... I guess mis-informed...I guess???? Now it's your take that he really did not do anything just maintained the status quo...I know we got Fourth but we lost three games by a total of 8 points...that's what separated Kountze and the top three guys...I guess a loss is a loss...nothing positive there! Look nobody is trying sell Coach Franklin as some kind of super coach hero, but he did a good job and performed well. You know you spoke of a personal agenda and your right Podna...YOU GOT ONE. What's gonna be your next issue???? COACH JOUBERT IS THE COACH NOW SO LET IT GO...FRANKLIN IS GONE...MOVE ON. (Disclaimer...all caps used for dramatic effect and highlighting given points...not yelling)