Kountze @ HJ

aTmfan06

2 things.

1) not taking a jab at Coach Franklyn. But to say baseball didn't have anything to do with his hire...is rediculous. Oh wait..it's because if all of football success he had at CHESTER.

2) Kountze only had 1 coach leave?.. May want to check your sources. Remember...I have a few very close friends in the coaching community. I was told on very good authority Joubert was at coaching school scrambling to fill spots. Only 2 kind of coaches that still don't have jobs that late in the summer. 1st year guys, or terrible coaches. So yeah...even if filled...might as well not be.

2 things.

1) not taking a jab at Coach Franklyn. But to say baseball didn't have anything to do with his hire...is rediculous. Oh wait..it's because if all of football success he had at CHESTER.

2) Kountze only had 1 coach leave?.. May want to check your sources. Remember...I have a few very close friends in the coaching community. I was told on very good authority Joubert was at coaching school scrambling to fill spots. Only 2 kind of coaches that still don't have jobs that late in the summer. 1st year guys, or terrible coaches. So yeah...even if filled...might as well not be.

he has been a very successful baseball coach for the last ten years making 8 trips to the playoffs and 6 district championships, but he was hired because he is a very successful coach at anything he coaches because he knows how to relate to players as well as getting players to play hard for him

he has been a very successful baseball coach for the last ten years making 8 trips to the playoffs and 6 district championships, but he was hired because he is a very successful coach at anything he coaches because he knows how to relate to players as well as getting players to play hard for him

Now wait a minute..he was hired because he was a success baseball coach? He was hired to be AD/head football....in Texas...because he is a good baseball coach?

When Joubert was announced as football coach all that was said was how dumb it was to make a basketball coach head of football. Even tho he is a more successful COACH than Franklyn will ever be.

For the record...schools like Tatum would only hire proven FOOTBALL coaches to be head football.

Now wait a minute..he was hired because he was a success baseball coach? He was hired to be AD/head football....in Texas...because he is a good baseball coach?

When Joubert was announced as football coach all that was said was how dumb it was to make a basketball coach head of football. Even tho he is a more successful COACH than Franklyn will ever be.

For the record...schools like Tatum would only hire proven FOOTBALL coaches to be head football.

he has proved himself as a coach period that's what I'm saying.

haha your funny he coached football his whole life as well

I understand that. What does his head football experience look like? On his resume. That's my point.

Kountze hired a baseball coach to coach football. Who happened to be successful at baseball . And happened to have a son that's a good baseball player. By a school board that happened to have several board members with kids that play baseball.

I understand that. What does his head football experience look like? On his resume. That's my point.

Kountze hired a baseball coach to coach football. Who happened to be successful at baseball . And happened to have a son that's a good baseball player. By a school board that happened to have several board members with kids that play baseball.

so how has Joubert done as a head football coach ?

so how has Joubert done as a head football coach ?

Good point. But in my opinion he would have been a better fit based on playing experience. College and professional. I know good player doesn't mean good coach...but he didn't even play bball past high school. And he's done pretty well. Plus...being a young, energetic coach would suit those Kountze kids.

Good point. But in my opinion he would have been a better fit based on playing experience. College and professional. I know good player doesn't mean good coach...but he didn't even play bball past high school. And he's done pretty well. Plus...being a young, energetic coach would suit those Kountze kids.

*****ISSUES*****

Coach Franklin was hired by a Baseball Board? Man...please! First of all the job Coach Franklin given was discussed with Coach Joubert and he declined the Head Football end of the Job! So that pretty well spits in your punch on that point...Baseball Heavy that's a dang knee slapped!
Second, Tracy was equally if not more importantly brought here because of his administrative capabilities...(he did act as asst. dean of displine at the high school as well on top of Coaching and AD duties...just Football or Baseball oh FYI HE coached our girls Basketball program to the playoffs as well! As a matter of fact under Coach Franklin Kountze made a lot of athletic strides outside of Football
The school Has enjoyed nice success in dang near every sport for the two years he was the man...so there is another big hauker in you Koolaid!
Now for the record I am glad Coach Joubert took the job because he is a more experienced football guy and the kids needed a more seamless transfer of the reins, plus he will pick and has picked up the program and is moving it forward, but on the heals of a lot of hard work by Coach Franklin to get it off the ground.
Oh and this past year he was head baseball and did not even pay himself!

****Old School...I don't know ya and really don't care about your opinion and I'm sure u don't care about mine...but my statement above is not opinion it's facts and before you make anymore ignorant (because you don't know any better) and lay dispersions on anyone else, please show them the God given respect u would want shown to you...God Bless and have a great day!

It's not an ugly thing it's about not stirring the preverbal crap pot with nonsense...now back to the game!

HJ is going to be a big test as well CC the following week, but that the point of preseason...wanna get better play up! Kountze gas got to become very efficient with the use of its personnel...Kountze has to be physically in shape and mentally tough. The next couple of games will help to accomplish these things and if we gain ground on these things than it's a win!