West Hardin 30 Colmesneil 13/Final

WOSgrad

Well you go from Fancy Johnson to Ed Trotter who is a baseball guy. No disrespect to trotter or his staff, but this is a sad song with colmesneil. Every time colmesneil gets a good coach they let him go and in comes the baseball coach who knows little about football!

You're right...Fancy Johnson had the program headed in the right direction. He leaves and for some reason they bring in a baseball guy for the Head Football position. The coach prior to Johnson was a baseball guy too. You get a football guy in there and they can be successful. So it looks like Colmesneil's days as a successful program are a thing of the past until they get a football guy back in there.

Am I saying that Colmesneil would be making a run for state if Fancy was still there, of course not. Am I saying the outcome of the last two games would be different, most definately! All I can do is root for the bulldogs and try to remain positive for the boys! I'm jus saying I wish things would have turned out differently for colmesneil!

Well coach Johnson didn't even have time to lay a foundation. They didn't really even have to let him go but colmesneils school board is always looking for a copout. Coach Johnson come to colmesneil and did great things and gave the kids a winning attitude. If your gonna replace the guy, replace him with an equal or better.

Agreed again CJ04..that is the foundation Johnson laid...the kids believed they could and were going to win every game...I'm doubting that belief is still alive in the Colmesneil lockerroom after the first 2 weeks of the season. You're also right in if you're going to get rid of a good coach at least replace him with someone as good or better. If things keep going the way they are going Colmesneil may be looking for a new coach again in the near future.

Agreed again CJ04..that is the foundation Johnson laid...the kids believed they could and were going to win every game...I'm doubting that belief is still alive in the Colmesneil lockerroom after the first 2 weeks of the season. You're also right in if you're going to get rid of a good coach at least replace him with someone as good or better. If things keep going the way they are going Colmesneil may be looking for a new coach again in the near future.

I don't know! Look how long Alex Davis stayed, losing seasons year after year! I realize colmesneil is not stacked with talent or speed, but neither is the teams colmesneil lose to year after year. I also agree that colmesneil needs to let go of some money and get a good staff in there.

Oldschool you're probably right as well...I looked at the Colmesneil football schedule and it is a staff of 4 (head coach and 3 assistants) that is only 2 more coaches than the Chester 6 man team had last year if I am not mistaken. And I agree Colmesneil will not pay what it takes to get a good football coach in there. They seem to be a district that likes to spend as little as possible.

Oldschool you're probably right as well...I looked at the Colmesneil football schedule and it is a staff of 4 (head coach and 3 assistants) that is only 2 more coaches than the Chester 6 man team had last year if I am not mistaken. And I agree Colmesneil will not pay what it takes to get a good football coach in there. They seem to be a district that likes to spend as little as possible.

Part of the problem is that several area schools are doing things the way they did several decades ago. Including staff size, budget, and payroll. There are too many schools across the state that have simply adapted and updated. Schools like Colmesniel can't compete. Unless changes are made.

But schools have to lose the attitude "that's how we did it when I was in school"

Part of the problem is that several area schools are doing things the way they did several decades ago. Including staff size, budget, and payroll. There are too many schools across the state that have simply adapted and updated. Schools like Colmesniel can't compete. Unless changes are made.
But schools have to lose the attitude "that's how we did it when I was in school"

I agree 100%! Not only do you need talent, but the teams with a solid coaching staff and better equipment usually do better! Look at Tatum, they have invested some serious money into that program and look at them.

I agree 100%! Not only do you need talent, but the teams with a solid coaching staff and better equipment usually do better! Look at Tatum, they have invested some serious money into that program and look at them.

Bingo my man. You have no idea how excited it makes me that someone from this area understands. I've been preaching this message a long time but nobody wants to hear it.

Not just Tatum. Mart, Carthage, East Bernard, Allen, Denton Guyer...I mean. The list goes on. And it's not a coincidence those schools are in the state title conversation often.

Bingo my man. You have no idea how excited it makes me that someone from this area understands. I've been preaching this message a long time but nobody wants to hear it.
Not just Tatum. Mart, Carthage, East Bernard, Allen, Denton Guyer...I mean. The list goes on. And it's not a coincidence those schools are in the state title conversation often.

Not only does it prepare the boys better but it's a big confidence and moral booster as well!