Worst Gym In The Area?

Guest Wildcat 08

1. West Brook- A 5A school shouldn't have to play in a place like that, horrible seating and don't get me started on the surface or the lighting.

2. Memorial- The floor isn't bad but for fans you have to sit a mile away. You just don't get the feeling like your really into the game.

3. Central- Once again nice floor but there's like 15 feet between the endzone and stands. The gym just seems really deep, I wonder if it messes with the shooters.

These are just three off the top of my head, not exactly the worst (besides West Brook). Other gyms that bother me are PN-G (lighting and very bland, too small compared to old gym), Hardin-Jefferson (day games only, when the sun is shining through the windows on one side). Finally not exactly bad but just weird-Kelly and Cathedral with the stands only on one side.

Guest bleed orange

Its agreed HJ needs a new gym. Come on the good people of HJ pass a bond issue to build a new gym. The kids deserve it, look at the history. The banners on the wall prove it. Actually I like the gym in china, it reminds me of hoosiers.

I like the old gyms.  They have character.  As far as for everyone being above HD's court, it allows for better vision and if the bleachers were on the floor, you would lose capacity.  I have been to alot of the gyms mentioned.  Just because they are new and fancy, does not mean they have the history that the old gyms do.  You want to talk about being above the floor, look at Liberty, they did not even pull out the bottom bleachers.  That was playing in a pit.  My $.02.

Guest bleed orange

I too like the old gym. But after being in the new one, the lights in the old gym were not as bright as I thought. Thats great that HJ is putting together a bond issue to upgrade their facilities. I hope it passes. It took us three times before it finally passed and we sure are glad it did.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder