BISD cut transportation

They better hope they have friends that have cars and get gas money ready. The middle school kids will suffer since none of them can drive yet. It will put a huge burden on working parents. Hopefully, some parents will step up and help others out that are in need. What will the schools do if parents can't get kids after practice? Will coaches bring them home or will coaches have to stay till someone can get them? There might be some major liability issues raised.

More parents will elect to or not to transfer their kids from their zoned school if there are family transportation restraints. Some Central and West Brook attendance zones are in walking distance of Ozen .

Agree and disagree. How about a kid elects to go to West Brook because Ozen is a under performing school. The kid plays basketball, football, etc. The kid is being raised by a single mom who works evenings. This kid either has to find a friend or he's stuck out. That's all I'm saying. I don't know how many it affects to be honest. I just thought it was a nice thing when I was in school and kids from the southend were taken home after practice on a bus. Take a kid from Central that might live out off of Bigner or out where the Palace use to be. Those kids are really in trouble unless someone steps up and brings them home after practice. This only is directed towards families where the parent or parents work evenings and can't get there not the lazy parents.

Agree and disagree. How about a kid elects to go to West Brook because Ozen is a under performing school. The kid plays basketball, football, etc. The kid is being raised by a single mom who works evenings. This kid either has to find a friend or he's stuck out. That's all I'm saying. I don't know how many it affects to be honest. I just thought it was a nice thing when I was in school and kids from the southend were taken home after practice on a bus. Take a kid from Central that might live out off of Bigner or out where the Palace use to be. Those kids are really in trouble unless someone steps up and brings them home after practice. This only is directed towards families where the parent or parents work evenings and can't get there not the lazy parents.

and since we have a lot of shift workers in this town to boot...this will take some getting use to. This service has been in place since at least the merger of the 2 districts in 1982. The current parents of school age children have never known of any other way. But they will adjust and find a way because these kids want play and participate.

Newton buses there kids home after practice if they need a ride. Newtons school district stretches a long ways around the area so if they didn't offer this a lot of the kids wouldn't be able to do football. Some of these kids live as far as 25 miles from the high school down HWY 87 to Old Salem Community and Trout Creek Community. Some live down some long county roads in the middle of nowhere 

Newton buses there kids home after practice if they need a ride. Newtons school district stretches a long ways around the area so if they didn't offer this a lot of the kids wouldn't be able to do football. Some of these kids live as far as 25 miles from the high school down HWY 87 to Old Salem Community and Trout Creek Community. Some live down some long county roads in the middle of nowhere 

does the coach drive the bus or do they pay overtime to a bus driver?