Ineligible Escambia players/Coach suspended

I got a question: did this game count on Escambia's record?

I know several years ago Manatee had an opening game shown on Espn but it wasn't counted as a game on their record.

Yeah it did. The games that normally played but not counted on the record are what Texas would consider scrimmages. Florida calls them Kickoff Classics.

The story was broken by WEAR ABC-3 here in Pensacola. It's really crazy. Now the head coach and 6 players are having a rally Tuesday for support. The administration is trying to suspend the 6 and the coach for the season. There were actually a couple of Pensacola area coaches on Vidor's side pulling for them. They're not a fan of the Escambia coach. Those same coaches also made it sound as if Vidor will be lucky to get a return game out of them next season like it's scheduled.

Miami school district schools like Central and NW do this non stop. This is another reason I have always said Texas football is best in the country.
Texas teams are not stacked by recruits like the Private school and recruited up publics in other states.
If you wanna play for Aledo, you gotta move to Aledo.

Vidor players raised their own money. They were offered the game during last season. Matthews said they would wait until realignment. While trying to build a non-district schedule he ran into a lot of issues and couldn't find games. He wanted to play schools his size or bigger. When he couldn't fill his schedule he called Escambia back.