An interesting event before the Central/West Brook game

Wow I go to Florida and all this happens? Lol. I was at that coin flip with our camera guy. Honestly didn't think anything about it besides what you see in rivalries sometimes. Is it the best sportsmanship...no. Is it a big deal no way. Honestly if you get a chance to be on the sideline and hear what players from multiple schools bark at each other, refusing to shake hands is mild.

you are correct and I have done a lot of sidelines

Wow I go to Florida and all this happens? Lol. I was at that coin flip with our camera guy. Honestly didn't think anything about it besides what you see in rivalries sometimes. Is it the best sportsmanship...no. Is it a big deal no way. Honestly if you get a chance to be on the sideline and hear what players from multiple schools bark at each other, refusing to shake hands is mild.

the barking is done between players and no one knows what is said but the people in the area. when you wave your hands around, make the money sign or not shake hands it is to get the fans reaction. now they have to live with the reaction they got good or bad.

it is not always what you meant it is what the public perceives it to be.

I question the relevance of this in the modern game. I mean, sure, it shows respect for the game, the players and fans, but is it really necessary? Majority of the players shake hands like it’s a race; they put their head down and just get it over with. You get the impression that it’s a painful task. Many players don’t even have the decency, or manners, to take a little more time and shake hands with respect while looking the person in the eye. So it's useless.

Why is this done before the game? Before the game you’re enemies, not friends. Before the game you’re concentrating on how to beat the opposing team/player , now you have to shake hands? Am I the only one who see’s this as backwards? Soon we’re going to have players hugging before games and cracking jokes. If I was a coach of a team and I saw one of my players cracking jokes and exchanging hugs with players on the other team before the game, I’d be pissed. But I digress…

Shaking hands is meant for the end of a match; the end of a battle. After both teams have executed their game plan and done all they could to win, then you should walk over to the opponent and show your respect for a hell of a effort. That is when you offer a handshake as a sign of respect.

In the end who cares? That they didnt shake hands enough for the publics liking. And no I’m not ignoring the fact that there was something said by a former board member of BISD where millions of dolllars were stolen and yes you were part of the board so that makes you guilty or does it ,character vs. personality; but that’s a very serious issue and a separate issue. Also for kids on social media if you cannot be responsbile for what you put on there then expect to receive that backlash,bottom line stay in child's place. But back to the topic of what I’m referring to is the handshake before the game. Just drop it entirely and get on with the game. Shake hands at the end of the game like you’re supposed to.

Well this only my opinion, first it should be done in the respect of it's just a game. Yes we are enemies in the game, but a enemy can still show respect and honor. Now my problem with the whole thing is this, I have seen things like this start on the field, but later be resolved in the streets to where innocent people get hurt. From what I have seen no it don't be the players who do it, but a community feeds off it. Why it's so hard to teach right, it's just a game. These same people who hands you wouldn't shake, could be the same hands to safe your life in the future. So to me the players and coach should consider was that appropriate. Now as far as the former guy for the district, you can't try to call someone wrong, and then rant a wrong that shows your lack of character.

...and bingo was his name-o.

Only reason this is a story is because its BISD.

YES,  because it is BISD. You are both correct. BISD has been in the news because of a BUNCH of crooked stuff......from stealing, to hiring coaches with questionable allegations against them. to hiring dishonest contractors and a host of other things.

Like it or not, BISD is going to be looked at with a microscope for a LONG time...The only thing that is going to fix it is good behavior......

YES, because it is BISD. You are both correct. BISD has been in the news because of a BUNCH of crooked stuff......from stealing, to hiring coaches with questionable allegations against them. to hiring dishonest contractors and a host of other things.

Like it or not, BISD is going to be looked at with a microscope for a LONG time...The only thing that is going to fix it is good behavior......

Wrong! None of those kids involved in the "handshake" were involved in any of that. They didn't hire that coach, steal, hire the contractor. "Apples to Oranges" (quoted AAW)

Wrong! None of those kids involved in the "handshake" were involved in any of that. They didn't hire that coach, steal, hire the contractor. "Apples to Oranges" (quoted AAW)

I never said they were involved......but the students are paying for adult mistakes. This is a 5 page thread about a handshake that would have probably not made news if it were anywhere else. But because of dishonest adults, they get the unwanted publicity. That's a fact......the kids pay for stupid adults.....

Well this only my opinion, first it should be done in the respect of it's just a game. Yes we are enemies in the game, but a enemy can still show respect and honor. Now my problem with the whole thing is this, I have seen things like this start on the field, but later be resolved in the streets to where innocent people get hurt. From what I have seen no it don't be the players who do it, but a community feeds off it. Why it's so hard to teach right, it's just a game. These same people who hands you wouldn't shake, could be the same hands to safe your life in the future. So to me the players and coach should consider was that appropriate. Now as far as the former guy for the district, you can't try to call someone wrong, and then rant a wrong that shows your lack of character.

Back to back personal fouls an ejection what will you write about this, where 's the character

This is my actual quote to the dad who think i agreed to man calling his kid a thug, to which I didn't even speak on.

This is my actual quote to the dad who think i agreed to man calling his kid a thug, to which I didn't even speak on.

You right just some of us (dads ) were almost as piss as you were it feels like no one is on Central kids side at times but it was a bad idea what the kids done and it will not happen again, the guy that started the topic was not thinking about sportsmanship it was a Central thing, this is my first/last comment on this but you're good get it together at Nederland we want to take the DC from you DOGS

You right just some of us (dads ) were almost as piss as you were it feels like no one is on Central kids side at times but it was a bad idea what the kids done and it will not happen again, the guy that started the topic was not thinking about sportsmanship it was a Central thing, this is my first/last comment on this but you're good get it together at Nederland we want to take the DC from you DOGS

guy that started the topic? Are you referring to your local newspaper where this originated from or the goofball Neil??

man we got work to do im getting nervous now about yall