Lumberton vs. Hamshire-Fannett Game Thread/H-F wins 44-41!

WOSgrad

Dang, I almost felt bad for Lumberton. Blame your coach for calling a play with a minute left, with the lead, and he calls a play that has the QB pitch to the RB. Terrible call in that situation. 

Happy for HF, Great start to the season Horns and not giving up. Lumberson, you have talent, hope you guys get a win this year.

And I'm very proud of my Raiders after the game HF wanted to get all up in our players faces but the Raiders just walked away from them!

have no ideal what you are talking about, but sad for Lumberton. I blame your coach for terrible ball control plays with a minute left in the game. 

Lumberton had so many chances to win that game. The play before the fumble the clock stopped because of illegal motion on 2nd down making it 2nd and 13 with 44 seconds left. They had to to get the first down because of time outs left by HF. The fumble was not a pitch it was just a bad exchange between QB and RB. Even after turnover. HF first play was a pass that hit Lumberton Defender in chest. QB for HF made one hell of a run to score. Lumberton had ball with 21 seconds left. Threw a big gain screen play up the middle called time out. With 8 seconds left Lumberton threw a long pass for what appeared to be a completed pass, but it was dropped. Lumberton would have had the ball at about the 20 yard line with a second left. Lumberton also had a QB sack when winning 41-30 that appeared to cause a fumble but refs called the arm was going forward. Lumberton has to eliminate the small mistakes if they want to win. I was surprised Lumberton ran the ball as much as they did. I figured they would be airing the ball out.

Guest ECBucFan

Two really dynamic offenses going at it last night. Both these teams need to eliminate mistakes and substantially tighten up their defenses. If they can do that, a good season lies ahead. H-F WILL BE IN THE PLAYOFFS. Good luck to both teams.