Lumberton vs Silsbee scrimmage

I don't have any favs,but I went & saw the scrimmage.Both defenses need more work.Lumberton & Silsbee starting qb's I thought threw the ball rather well.What I didn't get to see was any QB run options.Silsbee had more size on the O/L than Lumberton.Silsbee had more team speed.Both secondaries missed assignments.Alot more passing than running.Both sides had fumbles/ints.Overall both teams to me wasn't alot of differance enuff to say any team dominated the other.I believe both sides saw room for improvement in all areas.It was alot of fun to see action vs another for the 1st time this year.I'd rate the scrimmage as a + for both squads,a few stood out as solid playmakers.Hope both have success in the coming weeks.The Winner was every kid that went out for football.Nice crowd today

I will be posting a full report of all the scrimmages I attended today later tonight.

But for those keeping count;

Silsbee 1st offense- 3 TD's

Lumberton 1st Offense- 2 TD's

Aggie,

I thought I counted 4 TDs by Lumberton's 1st Offense and 4 TDs by Silsbee (Can't remember if it was 1st or 2nd O).  Sure seemed like a lot more scoring than 5 TDs total.

Both offensive look good for a first scrimmage. Both defensive need work. As far as the two QB's from Silsbee, they split time with the first team in the first series. Thomas took the first five plays that resulted in a TD. Partain took the next seven plays. Both did a good job in moving the offense. I liked the Soph QB flow and timing. Both QB's making it hard for coaches to pick a starter. That's a good thing. I also like that tall QB from Lumberton, he has a nice touch.

I will be posting a full report of all the scrimmages I attended today later tonight.

But for those keeping count;

Silsbee 1st offense- 3 TD's

Lumberton 1st Offense- 2 TD's

You got that full report yet Aggie.  I'm expecting a correction to that 2 TD's for Lumberton 1st Offense.  :)  It's all good though.  I appreciate you doing so much for all the sports in our community.  I thought Silsbee and Lumberton both looked good and should both have good seasons.  Also glad nobody was hurt in the scrimmage.  

You got that full report yet Aggie.  I'm expecting a correction to that 2 TD's for Lumberton 1st Offense.  :)  It's all good though.  I appreciate you doing so much for all the sports in our community.  I thought Silsbee and Lumberton both looked good and should both have good seasons.  Also glad nobody was hurt in the scrimmage.  

I do have a correction to make.

I left after each team's 1st teams ran their two 12 play sets. I was told that was all the 1st teams were going to do. (before scrimmage started I was told 1st team 12 plays, 2nd team 8 plays, 1st team 12 plays, 2nd team 8 plays). So I left after the second set of 12 plays. (needed to leave to make CC/Woodville scrimmage)

A Silsbee coach told me last night that they decided to let the 1st teams go another 12 plays. In that 3rd set of 12, Silsbee scored once, Lumberton scored once.

So, for those who are counting: Silsbee 1st team 4 TD's, Lumberton 1st team 3 TD's

I apologize for my incorrect post.

Well I thought both teams looked solid for their 1st scrimmage. Silsbee will scrimmage Ozen this Friday for Ozen's 1st scrimmage and should be even better. Ozen has speed, speed & more speed. The defense will be swarming like bees and the QB's and running backs are good, the receivers and o-line are developing nicely. They should be able to give Silsbee a good look! Ooh, did I mention they have speed all over the place?

Nice article in the Enterprise on L-Train's young gunslinger. I know they are facing adversity, but don't Sleep on these determined young men. Many would have transferred or quit, these guys keep fighting not only for themselves, but for the younger Raiders that follow. Looking forward to seeing the Raiders this season, Nice uniforms