jaspers heartbraker in 2013

in the playoff jasper came up a tich short agnest wo-s in there  playoff  game it was a outstanding efford by the kids from jasper . come sept 12th the dogs will try and  to make the mustangs pay for what happned last year. i dont know the kids name from jasper that was there big running back   will he be back

We seem to have finally stabilized coaching with Coach Barbay after years of turnover due to friction between the athletic department and the school board. That in itself will help improve the program from top to bottom and get the Bulldogs back into the discussion of the most consistent programs in SE Texas. I expect us to be solid for as long as Coach Barbay wants to be there and I hope he is for a long time.

Jasper should be the favorites since LCM, Cleveland, and Silsbee are all home games. WOS comes to Jasper as well and this might be one of the toughest home schedules in recent memory for us. The road schedule is pretty weak and would think an 8-2 type of season seems about right with a pretty strong group going into the playoffs. 

Jasper should be the favorites since LCM, Cleveland, and Silsbee are all home games. WOS comes to Jasper as well and this might be one of the toughest home schedules in recent memory for us. The road schedule is pretty weak and would think an 8-2 type of season seems about right with a pretty strong group going into the playoffs.

Road schedule is pretty weak?? We'll see how weak it is when you visit the boneyard.

Jasper had a solid defense last year. Kirbyville couldn't get anything going in the first half last season. Some how we beat them 22-20, but the bulldogs were really the better team to me.

We had issues holding leads last year and that's what got us beat in the WOS playoff game that we really could have won. Defense is a big key for Jasper as it is every year and we really need to be a lot more consistent to have a chance at a really deep playoff run. It's been a long time since I've felt good about us being able to stop teams week in and week out, but the 80's spoiled a lot of Jasper fans in that respect. 

I wouldn't sleep on Center and Huffman. If Jasper's pass defense is suspect, these two teams passing games will definitely test the Bulldogs.

Pass defense has been a problem for us since the spread became trendy. It's all about being disciplined and not overplaying everything. I'm no expert on football theory, but being overaggressive against that type of offense can kill you. People that follow Newton and WO-S should chime in on this.