Charlie Strong dismisses 3 Longhorns

The bottom line is how many graduate and how many wins?   We will see if Strong or Sumlin does it best.  They now have about equal resources.   Sumlin has the SEC brand to sell; strong has TEXAS tradition, Austin, and an easier road to the playoffs.    Gonna be fun.

We are talking about two different things. Someone tried to compare sumlins and strongs actions earlier in this thread to say they were approaching all of these issue similarly. Sumlin himself says that he does not agree with kicking the guys off the team according to the tweet I posted.

The conversation at that point has strayed from the specific incident of sexual assault and has taken on a more general tone of how each coach is dealing with the various disciplinary issues.

With the exception of Sanders and Meander, all of the other suspensions were drug related. Violation of team rules meant failing team drug tests. I hear that Johnson, Harrison and Estelle are safe for now but on thin ice. And Strong and Coach Wick are being very vocal with recruits' parents in pointing out the differences in how drug use is being handled at UT vs. another certain university.

Aggie Sports @Aggie_Sports

Sumlin said it's easy to kick a guy off the team. But in the "business of developing men."

Aggie Sports @Aggie_Sports

Sumlin - "We're doing everything we can to represent Texas A&M the right way."

Make no mistake about it, Sumlin and Strong are polar opposites on this matter.  You can decide for yourself which is right, but to say somehow that Sumlin has done something similar to what Strong is doing now at any point in time in his tenure in College Station? That's a negative.

Sooooooo - Kicking players off and then reinstating them in less than a week still makes him a "my rules of the highway kinda coach" - I think it makes him just about the same as other coaches and not the holier than all other coaches that Texas fans like to believe.

If this had been Sumlin reinstating a player within a week of dismissing him - regardless of the facts (that none on this forum know) you and your supporters would be noting the weakness of Sumlin and the lack of willingness to kick top notch players off the team - but in coach Strongs case i guess it will be justified by his supporters as just and extension of his values. 

Code of Honor, or Core Values.-Always subject to interpretation.

Fact is all this may show is that Coach Strong is more like every other coach in the NCAA and understands to win you need athletes and if you do not win you are gone.  And in a lot of cases dealing with top athletes means dealing with issues.

Listen - I am not a Strong hater - look at my post I have always stated that (1) Texas had a good man and a good coach in Mack Brown and I wonder the benefit of replacing him; (2) that Coach Strong appears to be a good coach and will - if given the complete chance - turn the Texas program around.  It is the hate from some for Sumlin that makes me wonder what he has done - other than make A&M a team in the national spotlight (is that due to JFF or the program only time will tell) - to make people question and ridicule his every decision.  

I happen to agree totally with Eagle11 that none of us outside the athletic programs know what is going on.

Paramamyers - I admit when you stated "Sumlin and Strong are polar opposites on this issue I took that as an insult to Sumlin - if not then I apoligize.  But this appears that Strong is more willing to work with some "troubled" players as well.  And truthfully I think that is a good thing.

Now they are having sleepovers with the coaches. The jokes write themselves

@ChipBrownHD: HD Exclusive: #Longhorns' coaches moving in with players as fall camp begins. More only @HornsDigest ($). ... http://t.co/6QAVasYCAj

For the next 2 weeks all UT Football coaches will move into Jester East to "live, eat, train and return together," with team. This will be for just 2 weeks before the entire student population arrives for the 2014-2015 school year.

Now they are having sleepovers with the coaches. The jokes write themselves
@ChipBrownHD: HD Exclusive: #Longhorns' coaches moving in with players as fall camp begins. More only @HornsDigest ($). ... http://t.co/6QAVasYCAj
For the next 2 weeks all UT Football coaches will move into Jester East to "live, eat, train and return together," with team. This will be for just 2 weeks before the entire student population arrives for the 2014-2015 school year.

Unless you're Penn State, there's nothing to see here.

Unless you're Penn State, there's nothing to see here.

That should lead to a recruiting bonanza! If the random room searches weren't bad enough, now the coaches are having campouts with the players in their dorms. I bet recruits are lining up to be treated like 11 yr olds again.

That should lead to a recruiting bonanza! If the random room searches weren't bad enough, now the coaches are having campouts with the players in their dorms. I bet recruits are lining up to be treated like 11 yr olds again.

maybe the players shouldn't act like 11 yr olds.

It probably takes an 11 year old mentality to find humor in something not humorous. Still don't see why you go out of your way in your quest for humor or your constant concern for everything that is UT.

It would seem to me that you would be more interested in Bama's and LSU's recruiting and coaches. Oh, I forgot, you suck up to your new conference teams.