Texas

king

You can't come on here and post facts. It doesn't fit with their agenda.

Funny thing about those UT recruiting classes. it was not a lack of talent. It was a lack of ability to sign and develop a QB.

However, I'm pretty sure UT "retired" Coach February and if Charlie does not turn things around he will be gone too. 

From the outside......you know the rest.

The statement was "lackluster recruiting" not what the program did or made with the recruits - In fact all recruiting classes should be viewed more about how they helped the program on the field rather than how good a group they were when recruited. But ALL teams lose players dude - happens.

And as I have stated before and you again proved my point - Not many if any Aggie's will argue the fact that Texas has the history and during the 04-09 years did in fact dominate the state in most aspects - but as always Texas fans either quote the 04-09 seasons are the older history which is fact is impressive. But they completely ignore the late 1980's and 1990's were Texas A&M was the better program and the last 4 - 5 years were Texas A&M is the better overall program. How long will that be time will tell - but I believe it will be longer than most Texas fans believe.

But as always both Texas and A&M need to get better to claim we rule the State of Texas as Baylor and TCU have a say in that as well.

Thank god for those years or Baylor would have a better record against Texas than the ags would.

Funny thing about those UT recruiting classes. it was not a lack of talent. It was a lack of ability to sign and develop a QB.

However, I'm pretty sure UT "retired" Coach February and if Charlie does not turn things around he will be gone too.

From the outside......you know the rest.

Average recruiting rankings over the last 4 years.

A&M ranks 9th overall and 6th in the SEC.
Texas is tied for 10th and 1st in the Big 12

The cupboard is bare argument is weak.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football-recruiting/2015/2/6/7987571/recruiting-rankings-ratings-2015-college-football-teams

Average recruiting rankings over the last 4 years.
A&M ranks 9th overall and 6th in the SEC.
Texas is tied for 10th and 1st in the Big 12
The cupboard is bare argument is weak. http://www.sbnation.com/college-football-recruiting/2015/2/6/7987571/recruiting-rankings-ratings-2015-college-football-teams

That holds true for both teams.

Look at the guys mack early offered for 15 class and where they landed? Sam, Kansas, WTa&m,...bad early reaches and then not having a QB were the downfall the past 4 seasons. The ship was righted this recruiting season. If UT gets avg play out of Heard this year they will be much improved even with the losses on D. It all starts at QB and personally I think Heard will be a stud if they do indeed switch to more of the ohio state spread option offense.

Why are Texas fans thinking that Heard will be the savior for the offense when he was not even considered as good as Swoopes last year??

Has something changed in the last 4-6 weeks??

Last I heard is that he could not find his accuracy - bad if it is true.

I think most of us are HOPING he is better. If the offense is based on his running ability, he will be fine.

I think most of us are HOPING he is better. If the offense is based on his running ability, he will be fine.

Watson will have to be willing to change or he will be unemployed again. He never tried to play to Swoopes strengths last year. The best coaches are flexible and can adjust to the roster of needed. Watson will have to prove he can do that this year or it will be a long season.

Aggy not too bright.  Or did Rumph change his name to "Chuckie"?

#obsessionnoted

All I hear from Texas fans is that Strong is going to run a clean program without all the issues that other schools have.

But every time something happens like a DC leaving just days after the signing day - he just looks more and more like every other College coach willing to do anything to get the kids to sign.

And while Lampkin is still a die-hard Horn based on his posts he was perturbed that the DC left and he was not aware - just like all the other schools that did the same thing.

I guess withholding information is not the same as lying - just sounds a whole lot like it.  ;)

All I hear from Texas fans is that Strong is going to run a clean program without all the issues that other schools have.

But every time something happens like a DC leaving just days after the signing day - he just looks more and more like every other College coach willing to do anything to get the kids to sign.

And while Lampkin is still a die-hard Horn based on his posts he was perturbed that the DC left and he was not aware - just like all the other schools that did the same thing.

I guess withholding information is not the same as lying - just sounds a whole lot like it. ;)

Your post assumes two things:

1) that Chris Rumph was our DC instead of our defensive line coach; and

2) that Charlie knew he was leaving.

At best you're one for two because one we know is false, the other you are guessing about. But we all know what they say about assuming...

Your post assumes two things:

1) that Chris Rumph was our DC instead of our defensive line coach; and

2) that Charlie knew he was leaving.

At best you're one for two because one we know is false, the other you are guessing about. But we all know what they say about assuming...

TxHoops - you got me on point one - sorry I misquoted a DC instead of the DL coach.

But on point 2 you lose either way: (1) If he did know he left that information out of the discussion with new DL recruits; (2) If he did not know then I would be real concerned about what other things that Charlie does not have a good grip on (and come one do you really believe that he did not know when he left less than 48 hours after signing day - you know better than that Hoops).

How is your DL coach leaving two days after signing day anywhere near the level of keeping kids in your program that continue to break program rules and the law in some cases?
Are Aggie fans that delirious? Those two things are stratospheres apart.

Like always - Texas fans with selective memory - yes A&M has had players kicked off the team and in some cases they violated minor laws.

But Texas players have as well - 2 get kicked off the team for sexual assault - don't recall and A&M players accused of that bad a crime.  Another for possession of a controlled substance - no exactly angelic behavior.

I guess I am confused why you think this? I believe 100% we would have won 1-2 more games with heard at QB over swoopes last year.  How hard is it to see that Strong did not want to burn his shirt or scar him behind that OL? It was worth sacrificing a trip to one tier higher bowl to save his shirt.

In addition, Swoopes played ok until the last two games where he totally melted down..why on earth would you burn his shirt with one or two games left? Up until TCU and Ark it wasn't obvious that swoopes was never going to get it...after those two game, he is done at QB.

I suggest you go back and watch Heards Guyer tape...The kid can throw it well enough and is a excellent runner....swoopes wasn't even a good runner.

Why are Texas fans thinking that Heard will be the savior for the offense when he was not even considered as good as Swoopes last year??

Has something changed in the last 4-6 weeks??

Last I heard is that he could not find his accuracy - bad if it is true.

Im confused why the core values bothers the ags so much?

As for suspensions, I believe Johnny is paying for Sumlins lack of control and accountability now. If his coach had set rules and had him abide by them, maybe he wouldn't be in rehab right now. Instead he learned he could do whatever he wanted because he was good...and sumlin used him to cash bigger checks and the school used him to fund the new stadium and make sure the move to the sec was "good". By God they weren't going to suspend Johnny no matter what he did because it worth it to them....they used the kid and he is paying for it now.

I guess I am confused why you think this? I believe 100% we would have won 1-2 more games with heard at QB over swoopes last year.  How hard is it to see that Strong did not want to burn his shirt or scar him behind that OL? It was worth sacrificing a trip to one tier higher bowl to save his shirt.

In addition, Swoopes played ok until the last two games where he totally melted down..why on earth would you burn his shirt with one or two games left? Up until TCU and Ark it wasn't obvious that swoopes was never going to get it...after those two game, he is done at QB.

I suggest you go back and watch Heards Guyer tape...The kid can throw it well enough and is a excellent runner....swoopes wasn't even a good runner.

Lets make myself clear - I hope you are right and Heard does prove to be a better QB than Texas had this year - they need it.  Looks like we will have to wait and see.  I know Heard was a monster at Guyer but Swoopes was a great HS player as well - does not always transfer to the college game.

I just think with the season that Texas had burning a redshirt was the least of their worries.  

And you really think Swoopes looked Ok till the last 2 games - you must have watched different games than I did.

Im confused why the core values bothers the ags so much?

As for suspensions, I believe Johnny is paying for Sumlins lack of control and accountability now. If his coach had set rules and had him abide by them, maybe he wouldn't be in rehab right now. Instead he learned he could do whatever he wanted because he was good...and sumlin used him to cash bigger checks and the school used him to fund the new stadium and make sure the move to the sec was "good". By God they weren't going to suspend Johnny no matter what he did because it worth it to them....they used the kid and he is paying for it now.

Core values do not bother me at all - go back and read - I have many times stated that I think that if Strong succeeds with his "core values" mantra then the college game in general will benefit.

But some things that have happened at Texas do not support the fact that Strong is 100% committed to the Core Values as he states for the media - i.e. not telling his recruits about a departing coach to perhaps keep a recruit that might just leave (minor in the big scheme of things but still in my opinion an issue).

Also, all I am stating was that yes A&M players had a real bad run with some players getting into trouble with the rules but so did Texas players in the recent past (you do not kick 9 players off a team for "minor infractions").  I commend Strong on taking a strong position with some of the issues he has had o deal with - but to say that Texas is above these issues is naive at best.

Well swoopes certainly didn't play early like he did in the last two where he couldn't even make a handoff or take a snap. He had good games against OU and okie state....was horrible early against byu in his first start.

As far as HS, his team went 1-9 or something his last year of hs vs Heard winning back to back state titles lol...a little different plus 1a vs 4a....swoopes looks the part, has the physical arm but he lacks speed and a brain...he was a bad take by Mack Brown and probably should transfer to Lamar if he wants to play QB.

Lets make myself clear - I hope you are right and Heard does prove to be a better QB than Texas had this year - they need it.  Looks like we will have to wait and see.  I know Heard was a monster at Guyer but Swoopes was a great HS player as well - does not always transfer to the college game.

I just think with the season that Texas had burning a redshirt was the least of their worries.  

And you really think Swoopes looked Ok till the last 2 games - you must have watched different games than I did.