barbers hill

This year they are going to have 2 Middle Schools (North and South).

Yeah, found out yesterday. The North Shore game was replaced on our schedule in favor of the other middle school. I hate that because it gave our kids a chance to play some good competition before district started.

Have you seen a schedule?

Nah, the boys told be that coach told them yesterday at workouts. Not sure if they're just going to play 8 district games or what though, just that NS is off the schedule in favor of the new school called BH south on 565. I think the kids north of I-10 go to the north school on 3180 while the kids south of 10 go to the other. Should be easy pickings now that their talent is split up.

They should have just put 6th and 7th on 1 side and 8th and 9th on the other side. Then had 10,11 and 12 in the high school. Would have kept from spreading their middle school teams talent between 2 school.

Spreading talent between Middle schools ends up being a benefit as it offers more opportunities.  You get more kids getting reps in all sports.  If you have 100 kids playing 7th grade football, it would be hard to give the players a decent amount of coaching.  Does it hurt your records in Middle School?  Yes, initially it will, but you should get a better chance of developing more talent.

Spreading talent between Middle schools ends up being a benefit as it offers more opportunities.  You get more kids getting reps in all sports.  If you have 100 kids playing 7th grade football, it would be hard to give the players a decent amount of coaching.  Does it hurt your records in Middle School?  Yes, initially it will, but you should get a better chance of developing more talent

Yea I suppose.

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy folks... long time no see :) It's been a long time since my last post, but I have been popping in from time to time to stay caught up :)Now that BH has graduated the house not sure what to expect this season. I think Dave Campbell is being nice giving us the 4 spot in district, but I hope this years team does well. My boy starts playing 7th grade ball this year, so I cant wait for that!

Howdy folks... long time no see :) It's been a long time since my last post, but I have been popping in from time to time to stay caught up :)Now that BH has graduated the house not sure what to expect this season. I think Dave Campbell is being nice giving us the 4 spot in district, but I hope this years team does well. My boy starts playing 7th grade ball this year, so I cant wait for that!

They graduated the house and didn't make the playoffs.....that's not good. 

Whatever.

Ned won but the other three teams lost by a combined 69 points with our 4th place team having the biggest win at 33 points. BH and King would have easily made the playoff over there. I think there's two factors that effect the results as of late. We have better coaching over here other than Neumann and we have higher enrollments. I think y'all are going to struggle to win much more than one games in bi-district the next 5 years or so depending on the realignments.

I like your enthusiasm. The Jaguars, the Bulldogs, and the Indians are all capable of winning in the first round next season. You need to worry about what your team lost. All of your offense. All of it.

I did worry about it. Then I looked at y'all's district and realized the only team that probably wouldn't be a bi-district layup is Central. We've lost offense for the last 9 years and went to the playoffs each of those years. Crosby will still have the most potent offense in the bi- district. I'm only expecting us to reach the second round this year though, just biding our time over here in Crosby until 2015 when we make our title run.

I did worry about it. Then I looked at y'all's district and realized the only team that probably wouldn't be a bi-district layup is Central. We've lost offense for the last 9 years and went to the playoffs each of those years. Crosby will still have the most potent offense in the bi- district. I'm only expecting us to reach the second round this year though, just biding our time over here in Crosby until 2015 when we make our title run.

I like your spirit but Dayton is going be stout this year.

I like your spirit but Dayton is going be stout this year.

I think they'll be stout too. They're going to need to have some type of running game though to help Tristan out or team will just load up against that bubble screen and the slant over the middle like they did last year so often. I'm not sure moving Long to rb is the best if he's needed on defense. It should all be sorted out by Oct. 17th when the Broncos leave Crosby.

Well I've waited as long as I could, but your all in real need of a little smack.  Fact is I could have never been able to bear that stupid ars xxx # of days till football season post that Octfeb puts on here every single freaking day......over and over again each year.   It must be like waking up one morning and realizing your now living in Kennefick and some 400 lb spandex wearing heart throb is your new bride.  Well, anyway....... BH is going to win district this year.  I have no doubt.  We have a high flying and extremely fast offense and our defence has a secondary 2nd only to the seattle seahawks.  Matter of FACT Richard Sherman came down to help hone his skills by working with our secondary.  On another note I was in Barrett Station yesterday trying to find Octfeb a set of teeth and I saw the BBQ stand that was previously a funeral home has shut down.  Imagine my surprise at that.  Ok, got to run now, Some 50 year old barking fool is probably wanting to make a stab at BH before he spills his Shaffer Light in his bowl of chitlens...............   Smokin Baby Out! 

Glad to see you are up to date on the days til football season starts thread. Shows how much you really do care. Despite all your hatefulness. Crawl back under your rock, til football season actually starts.... Barrett Station? I am sure you could have found a woman who actually likes you. Did you try driving down Gulf Pump Road? Surely there is at least one there you could lie to and make them believe it.... 

I'm back. One of mine will be in 8th grade this year. Splitting the two middle schools is going to be ugly for BH. It will give more playing time, but really it's just more warm bodies to be honest. It will be hard to compete imo, but maybe it will help in the long run. Either way, only 11 kids play on the field at a time.

As far as the HS, I have another in 11th grade. Don't expect much for a couple of years IMO. That's probably why you won't see many BH posters. lol  PS, Can we pass about 15 times a game? Oh nevermind