District 12-3A D1 Predictions

Man you keep believing that if you want to. #21 is only a Sophomore and had his way against Newton. Kirbyville have some speed bro. All Newton really have is Elam. Jace Thomas did ok, but if these two teams played in a real game...I will take Kirbyville without a doubt for the win.

It was not a "keep believing thing" I was just repeating what I was told...R-144...i was told Kirbyville looked good in the first series, but he did not say yall dominated...he did however make point that Newton was installing a few new things that they where focusing on...Scrimmages are used for learning and evaluating. They are not intended to foreshadow...atleast not the first scrimmage, I mean teams have been in pads for 1 week and coaches are trying to work in alot of different things.

It was not a "keep believing thing" I was just repeating what I was told...R-144...i was told Kirbyville looked good in the first series, but he did not say yall dominated...he did however make point that Newton was installing a few new things that they where focusing on...Scrimmages are used for learning and evaluating. They are not intended to foreshadow...atleast not the first scrimmage, I mean teams have been in pads for 1 week and coaches are trying to work in alot of different things.

That's true too but I'm willing to bet if Newton would have dominated us in the scrimmage you wouldn't be saying all this. Newton was trying to run the ball like they normally do and Kirbyville was stuffing the run period.

Okay. First off....yes, Newton is known for for running the ball and yes, Kirbyville did well against Newton.

BUT.....another thing Newton is known for is running multiple plays out of multiple formations. Something they did not do against Kirbyville. They ran the same 4-6 plays the entire time. And looked to be going half-speed most of the time.

Kirbyville stopped the run well because they brought 6-8 people EVERY play lol they went in with a game plan and executed it. The problem is that there are multiple teams who have to QB and WR to throw the ball well. And one negative about Kirbyville I did notice was their inability to cover well (On the few passes Newton threw). Kountze, EC, Woodville, Anahuac ALL have QB's that are perfectly capable of airing it out. Which I believe will hurt Kirbyville if they don't get that fixed before the start of district.

And lastly, to come on here and say that someone doesn't have any chance of beating you team is completely ignorant. I will go on the record by saying this.....EVERY team in this district COULD beat Kirbyville. Will they? Probably not. But Warren, Woodville, EC, Buna, Anahuac, Hardin, AND Kountze will all get their shot and I promise you Kirbyville has a huge target on their backs right now.

I have plenty knowledge. Kountze have one elite player vs several elite players on both sides of the ball for Kirbyville.

Several?? Lol okay. All I saw was a lot of good players. I saw ZERO elite-level talents on Kirbyville's squad. Kirbyville beat Newton by having a good TEAM and executing a great gameplan. Not because they have elite talent on either side of the ball lol you need to watch more highschool football outside of Kirbyville.

Okay. First off....yes, Newton is known for for running the ball and yes, Kirbyville did well against Newton.
BUT.....another thing Newton is known for is running multiple plays out of multiple formations. Something they did not do against Kirbyville. They ran the same 4-6 plays the entire time. And looked to be going half-speed most of the time.
Kirbyville stopped the run well because they brought 6-8 people EVERY play lol they went in with a game plan and executed it. The problem is that there are multiple teams who have to QB and WR to throw the ball well. And one negative about Kirbyville I did notice was their inability to cover well (On the few passes Newton threw). Kountze, EC, Woodville, Anahuac ALL have QB's that are perfectly capable of airing it out. Which I believe will hurt Kirbyville if they don't get that fixed before the start of district.
And lastly, to come on here and say that someone doesn't have any chance of beating you team is completely ignorant. I will go on the record by saying this.....EVERY team in this district COULD beat Kirbyville. Will they? Probably not. But Warren, Woodville, EC, Buna, Anahuac, Hardin, AND Kountze will all get their shot and I promise you Kirbyville has a huge target on their backs right now.

I bet they win district...I'll accept crow if they don't.

That's true too but I'm willing to bet if Newton would have dominated us in the scrimmage you wouldn't be saying all this. Newton was trying to run the ball like they normally do and Kirbyville was stuffing the run period.

I was raised by a Football Coach and I Have sat thru many football seasons and certainly first scrimmages. One thing I do not believe is giving early scrimmages a lot of weight. A Head Coach better be working on the sore points instead of looking pretty!

I was raised by a Football Coach and I Have sat thru many football seasons and certainly first scrimmages. One thing I do not believe is giving early scrimmages a lot of weight. A Head Coach better be working on the sore points instead of looking pretty!

I agree, but scrimmages darn sure show what kind of talent a team has to offer. And from my perspective Kirbyville seem to have better skill players than Newton on the # 1 and #2 teams. Just think about it...if HD would have dominate y'all whole scrimmage...would you been concerned??

Calm down, just giving y'all a hard time, yep no way around it they are coming to town we ain't scared lol, one thing about it though our preseason schedule will have us prepped for 3aD2,.........ok my thoughts on this district
Kville
Kountze /EC
Buna

That's true. Newton will be battle tested and ready for district that's for sure!

I agree, but scrimmages darn sure show what kind of talent a team has to offer. And from my perspective Kirbyville seem to have better skill players than Newton on the # 1 and #2 teams. Just think about it...if HD would have dominate y'all whole scrimmage...would you been concerned??

I will give ya that...and I'm sure Kirbyville has it's fair share, but I also know Newton does as well and it's just my opinion that Newton made a choice to not showcase but examine all possible options and at the same introduce a bit of change. Maybe Kirbyville did the same and executed better...what does that tell me about the season ahead...I'm sorry all it tells me is one team had a better grasp of a game plan than the other, it certainly does not make me believe one has better athletes than the other...not yet at least.

Pride Kountze has at least 2 other players who are just as good. Deontra Morgan (being recruited by u of h, smu ) and Jayden Cunnigan who missed the last 5 games of the year who both play safety and are a part of a core group of guys who play skill positions on offense

Well they gonna get tested quite often...I can't wait to see this.