District 12-3A D1 Predictions

this dude from Kirbyville is still trying to refer joubert with basketball solely. dude coached football for like 15 years now and played in the CFL

did your ad at kville set records in college, play in the CFL etc ? I'm from HJ and watched this dude in highschool. he'll rip your defense a part real quick

ok you have a point, but actually think they will this year.

I think they'll be improved too. But too many people are giving them pretty much an automatic win against a Woodville team that has had their number for the past few years. I guess I'm a believer in a more "prove it to me" type of football. And they definitely don't have the recent history to validate any success happening this year. Again....I THINK THEY WILL BE IMPROVED. So don't get your panties in a wad Hornet fans. They may even beat Woodville. Yes, Woodville went 2-8 last year and lost to Warren. BUT one of those two wins was against Hardin. Lol

I think they'll be improved too. But too many people are giving them pretty much an automatic win against a Woodville team that has had their number for the past few years. I guess I'm a believer in a more "prove it to me" type of football. And they definitely don't have the recent history to validate any success happening this year. Again....I THINK THEY WILL BE IMPROVED. So don't get your panties in a wad Hornet fans. They may even beat Woodville. Yes, Woodville went 2-8 last year and lost to Warren. BUT one of those two wins was against Hardin. Lol

What hornet fan is getting their "panties" in a wad? You can dish it out but you can't take it. Lol

Several get pretty defensive when I make statements like that. And really? I've been sitting here taking it every time someone picks us to lose to Hardin. Lol my statement was a very logical and fair statement.

Attended Kountze practice this morning. I was a little surprised with the numbers. Was only 40 (varsity and JV) at practice with 6 of those in shorts. Was expecting more players.

Kountze offense will shine. Have very good skill players on that side of ball. Decent O-line size. When your best player (Arnold) gets his hands on the ball every snap, good things will happen for the Lions. Good RB and very good set of WR. Kountze will not have problems scoring points this season.

Defense is ok. Not much size on D-line and LB. Will need to utilize speed to make up for lack of size. Power run team could give this front seven some problems. DB's are good. Very athletic with good speed. Lions probably can afford to leave their CB's in man coverage and allow safeties to help in stopping run game.

Depth will be an issue with this Lion team. Probably 6-8 players will go both ways. This may take it's toll towards the end of season.

Kountze will make playoffs, but if they don't get stronger on defensive side, district title is probably out of the question. Lions will have to win some shootouts.

Attended Kountze practice this morning. I was a little surprised with the numbers. Was only 40 (varsity and JV) at practice with 6 of those in shorts. Was expecting more players.

Kountze offense will shine. Have very good skill players on that side of ball. Decent O-line size. When your best player (Arnold) gets his hands on the ball every snap, good things will happen for the Lions. Good RB and very good set of WR. Kountze will not have problems scoring points this season.

Defense is ok. Not much size on D-line and LB. Will need to utilize speed to make up for lack of size. Power run team could give this front seven some problems. DB's are good. Very athletic with good speed. Lions probably can afford to leave their CB's in man coverage and allow safeties to help in stopping run game.

Depth will be an issue with this Lion team. Probably 6-8 players will go both ways. This may take it's toll towards the end of season.

Kountze will make playoffs, but if they don't get stronger on defensive side, district title is probably out of the question. Lions will have to win some shootouts.

****Spot on Mike! We will have to live up to the old speed kills thing!...like I said before no freshman participation...gonna hurt down the road unless that changes, some indication may have a few more show...is what it is, gotta make do.

I will do what I can.

I will be seeing Kirbyville this Friday. I need practice times for the other schools in the district (Anahuac, Buna, East Chambers, Hardin, Warren and Woodville)

When does school start? Can't be too much longer and all practices will be after school. Are the kids back next week?

I don't even know anymore haha. Seems like school starts earlier all the time. Wasn't til September when I was a kid.

👏👏👏👏👏👌👌👌 I revoke your hater status lol

I attended Warren and Woodville practices yesterday.

About Warren:

I think this team will surprise some folks. New head Coach Chris Babin has got the players buying into his system. The Warriors are really grasping the Slot-T offense. I think this offense fits this personnel very well. Offensive line is the key and based on the practice that I saw, they are taking to it very well. Line has good size and quickness. Backs are good, no real speedsters, but are hard nosed and are committed to executing the offense, which requires tons of blocking and carrying out fakes, play action. I believe by mid season this offense will be just fine.

Defense is solid. Good size but not fast. Front seven will carry this team. Back side not real fast and a little small. Warren's best defense will be their ball control offense. Eat up clock, keeping the opponents offense on the sideline. Warriors will have to defend the big play much better.

Very good numbers for the Warriors. Over 65 out, so depth will not be too big an issue. A few will go both ways, just like any other small school faces.

I think this team will go .500 this season. The bulk of this team and it's starters are juniors. Next season with a year under their belt with this new offense and a host of seniors leading the way, could be a break out year for Warren. But don't sleep on them this year.

Woodville

New head coach Michael Waldie brings a few new coaches with him to transfer new blood into the Eagles. Waldie is implementing the spread offense, with an Auburn look, to really utilize his skill players. QB is good, has a good arm, very quick and has a good grasp of the offense, which is key since it is only the 7th day of learning this offense. RB and WR are fast and athletic, fair size. Offensive line has good size but not too quick. Pass protection will be vital. I see the Eagles running more early on, using a fullback in the slot position, until everyone has a better feel for the offense. Later in the year I can see Woodville throwing the ball much more often.

Defense has good size in front seven and good speed. 50 defense, LB's will be the playmakers. DB's have very good speed. I see Woodville bringing lot's of pressure to take advantage of their solid secondary.

Woodville had very good numbers. About 70-75 out. Will have good depth.

I think the Eagles will definitely be better this year. It was a very "un Woodville like" year last season. Coach Waldie and his staff are really stressing details with these players. If they can take care of the little things, Woodville will upset a few this season. Don't count them out yet.