District 12-3A D1 Predictions

translation to oldschool2 message = Kountze made the playoffs for the first time in 40 years but did not earn it. It was handed to them by UIL rule change allowing 4 teams going to playoffs..

They could be onto something new this year! For the last 40 years they tried to win with basketball players, that didnt work! then they tried to recruit God, with the whole sign and prayer thing,....that didnt work! So when all else fails just have UIL change the rules so you get in,,, not without being the best in the district but just being better than the bottow few.

I hear this year they are trying to get in by beating a few teams and playing real football! They may be onto something,,,although they did just hire their basketball coach as the AD and head football coach?????

Lol...Right on!

Actually...

I have never said they didn't deserve to go. I have never once said that 4 teams shouldn't go. Unlike several posters on this site. I personally think that if any 4th place team in the state beats a 1st place team in the playoffs then it's justified. In any sport. They met the requirements everyone else has to meet...fair enough. They get to go. I think that most years Kountze is a decent team in a tough district.

The point I'm making is that Kountze was 4th in district. Just like the year before...and probably the year before that...and probably the year before that. So do I think the football program is all of the sudden better? No.

And now that I know how many kids came out my point is proven.

translation to oldschool2 message =  Kountze made the playoffs for the first time in 40 years but did not earn it.  It was handed to them by UIL rule change allowing 4 teams going to playoffs..

They could be onto something new this year!   For the last 40 years they tried to win with basketball players,   that didnt work!   then they tried to recruit God, with the whole sign and prayer thing,....that didnt work!   So when all else fails just have UIL change the rules so you get in,,, not without being the best in the district but just being better than the bottow few. 

I hear this year they are trying to get in by beating a few teams and playing real football!   They may be onto something,,,although they did just hire their basketball coach as the AD and head football coach????? 

1st> Kountze has not finished 4th in our district in a while...so much improved and earned! In addition, the losses on district last year to the top three teams was by a combined very narrow margin...Newton got out with a win by 2pts, we were beat to hell and thin while playing EC and lost 8-0 to Bionic K-ville on a sloppy night with the 3rd string QB at the helm "BIG WIN"

2nd> Probably most important, how dare you or anybody else try and cheapin what those girls did...they did what they did for all the right reasons. They endured death threats and threats against their families...calls to their parents place of employment and on and on! Why? because they wanted to promote something greater than ourselves and remind folks how special and what a privelge it is be able to come together as a community and play a game...it was an opportunity to give a little glory to God for his gifts...It had not a damn thing to do with buying wins! Win or Loose we hit a knee and gave and will give the glory to God...Those little girls got more guts than you, me or many many other adults my friend! 

3rd> Coach Joubert has more football ability and knowlege than any coach Kountze has had in the past century, he earned a football schlorship and played four years of college ball and then went on to play in the Canadian Proffessional Football League...the only reason he was not coach before now was 100% on Coach Joubert...he did not want to be that guy.  You ask him what made him change his mind...he will tell you that he could not turn his back on his kids and leave them hanging just when they had worked so hard to get a Football program re-directed and believe me the kids have worked and continue to work.

I realize its fun to talk smack and BS with other guys on this forum, but please dont knock down the accomplishments of kids or their dedication to whats right...and be respectful of a well respected coach.  Kountze has had great success at Basketball and Track.  Over the past couple of years Kountze has had good success at Baseball and new found success in football.  You know I want to beat Kirbyville, Buna, EC, Hardin, Woodville, AP and last but not least Warren, but I can be pure of heart enough to look into kids eyes and smile at success and feel heart ache for them whe they fail and I dont care what program or what school.  We joke alot guys and we pick, but lets dont loose focus on what's really important!

ohhhhhhh   you said damn!!    

Look it was just sarcasm.....chill out!   I understand and agree with 100% what the meaning of that was...it was just a football joke! 

Im not bashing Joubart im just simplyin saying he has no football coaching experience.   He might have the football experience and the coaching experience but he has not proven himself as a foot ball coach.   My opinion is much like yours I would bet with the tools and expericence he does have he will infact become one of the better in the area, but until that happens it is what it is at this point.

You are correct,  i worded that wrong..  it does make him qualified it just does not make him experienced coaching hire.   My point is that there is a big difference between playing football and coaching football.  Its two different skill sets. 

I agree. But in Joubert's case, he has done both. He has coached football.

I was not aware of any football coaching experience,  I was just commenting on what has been posted.  Forgive my ignorance!   I just think in most cases when a basketball school promotes a basketball coach to AD and also HC of the football program it does not benefit the football program.  I hope in this case it does.  Like i said, my opinion, in Jouberts case he will become one of the best in the area but that will need to still be proven. 

I just can't get past Woodville being picked last in district...we'll see

Hardin will be improved I think and they have not beaten Warren in two years.  Not that big of a surprise.  I think that will be the bottom three so they will have to beat one of them to not be last.  I think they beat Warren this year but struggle to pick them over Hardin or Anahuac at this point. 

Hardin will be improved I think and they have not beaten Warren in two years. Not that big of a surprise. I think that will be the bottom three so they will have to beat one of them to not be last. I think they beat Warren this year but struggle to pick them over Hardin or Anahuac at this point.

This is the same Hardin that was supposed to be improve each of the last three years, right? Lol

1st> Kountze has not finished 4th in our district in a while...so much improved and earned! In addition, the losses on district last year to the top three teams was by a combined very narrow margin...Newton got out with a win by 2pts, we were beat to hell and thin while playing EC and lost 8-0 to Bionic K-ville on a sloppy night with the 3rd string QB at the helm "BIG WIN"

2nd> Probably most important, how dare you or anybody else try and cheapin what those girls did...they did what they did for all the right reasons. They endured death threats and threats against their families...calls to their parents place of employment and on and on! Why? because they wanted to promote something greater than ourselves and remind folks how special and what a privelge it is be able to come together as a community and play a game...it was an opportunity to give a little glory to God for his gifts...It had not a damn thing to do with buying wins! Win or Loose we hit a knee and gave and will give the glory to God...Those little girls got more guts than you, me or many many other adults my friend! 

3rd> Coach Joubert has more football ability and knowlege than any coach Kountze has had in the past century, he earned a football schlorship and played four years of college ball and then went on to play in the Canadian Proffessional Football League...the only reason he was not coach before now was 100% on Coach Joubert...he did not want to be that guy.  You ask him what made him change his mind...he will tell you that he could not turn his back on his kids and leave them hanging just when they had worked so hard to get a Football program re-directed and believe me the kids have worked and continue to work.

I realize its fun to talk smack and BS with other guys on this forum, but please dont knock down the accomplishments of kids or their dedication to whats right...and be respectful of a well respected coach.  Kountze has had great success at Basketball and Track.  Over the past couple of years Kountze has had good success at Baseball and new found success in football.  You know I want to beat Kirbyville, Buna, EC, Hardin, Woodville, AP and last but not least Warren, but I can be pure of heart enough to look into kids eyes and smile at success and feel heart ache for them whe they fail and I dont care what program or what school.  We joke alot guys and we pick, but lets dont loose focus on what's really important!

I agree whole heartedly. By the way, God does the recruiting, not the other way around.

Hardin will be improved I think and they have not beaten Warren in two years.  Not that big of a surprise.  I think that will be the bottom three so they will have to beat one of them to not be last.  I think they beat Warren this year but struggle to pick them over Hardin or Anahuac at this point.

Actually, Hardin beat Warren last year.