District 12-3A D1 Predictions

But you did not see our scrimmage...you saw a practice and your right that's not basing an opinion on much...Kountze may very well loose by 3 or more TD's...if so, well it is what it is. But like I say compare apples to apples...not apples to oranges. I appritiate your opinion AAW and I do think it is an objective opinion maybe you can get a game situation look this next week not a pads week one practice look.

besides did you view a Kville practice a few weeks ago with comments like....not as good as promoted??? 

Maybe he applied the same logic?

Based on what I have seen so far (Kountze practice, Kirbyville scrimmage) I believe Kirbyville can beat Kountze by 3 TD's. I admit, that's not a lot to base anything on accurately, but it's all I have to go on right now.

Of the six teams I saw scrimmage yesterday (Silsbee/Lumberton, Corrigan-Camden/Woodville, Newton/Kirbyville) Kirbyville impressed me the most. They looked the best and most ready to play. Again, it's still early and it's just one scrimmage, but I didn't expect Kirbyville to handle Newton in the manner that they did. Impressive!

Right on! Kirbyville will be something else this year.

Cleveland came from Buna playing DE did very well and wil only get better.  Reeves the soph from Evadale also looked very good. I was ver impressed with him so far.  I think he had 2 or 3 sacks and stayed in the back field. 

I realize it was Elam most of the time but the ends and backs have to do a better job of containing inside.  Defense pursues very well but they have to keep them inside and not let them around the ends.   Neece will get em lined out!

i just see teams in this district who don't have a lot of depth having trouble with the teams like buna and Kirbyville who have size. I'm a Kountze fan and wish them all of the best(still my town), but even though i hate to say it i just don't see any of the teams in this district matching up with Kirbyville because of a few reasons.

1. have just as much speed as anybody in the district, and the offensive line is just huge.

2. they have substitutes at each position who could probably start at other schools in the district.

3. really smart quarterback who, from what i have seen, makes really good decisions

4. they got 1980 behind them.... they may never lose LMBO!!!!! 

i just see teams in this district who don't have a lot of depth having trouble with the teams like buna and Kirbyville who have size. I'm a Kountze fan and wish them all of the best(still my town), but even though i hate to say it i just don't see any of the teams in this district matching up with Kirbyville because of a few reasons.

1. have just as much speed as anybody in the district, and the offensive line is just huge.

2. they have substitutes at each position who could probably start at other schools in the district.

3. really smart quarterback who, from what i have seen, makes really good decisions

4. they got 1980 behind them.... they may never lose LMBO!!!!! 

Gotta love my Cats!! Kountze will be fine as long as everybody stay healthy. To be honest i didnt expect Kirbyville to have this much horsepower this early. Jv team is solid too. Kirbyville may be tougher than what Newton was last season especially on the defensive side of the ball. 

Cleveland came from Buna playing DE did very well and wil only get better.  Reeves the soph from Evadale also looked very good. I was ver impressed with him so far.  I think he had 2 or 3 sacks and stayed in the back field. 

I realize it was Elam most of the time but the ends and backs have to do a better job of containing inside.  Defense pursues very well but they have to keep them inside and not let them around the ends.   Neece will get em lined out!

I certainly agree

3. really smart quarterback who, from what i have seen, makes really good decisions
4. they got 1980 behind them.... they may never lose LMBO!!!!!

I think your post has a lot of merit and it's certainly heing intellectually honest. Here is the only caviot I would add...I spent all evening going over last years rooster and the hudl films from last year and this is the very interesting thing I found:

> Kountze had 36 on Varsity last year
> In 95% of all plays Kountze used the same 24 players
> Kountze has 28 players currently assigned to Varsity.
> the only positions we will see go both ways are a few skill positions as long as we stay healthy.
> our offensive line is much better off than last year aswell as out defensive line.
> last year we took zero in jury's on either line, our injurys came from an outside LB and a middle LB positions on defense and on the offensive side we had our QB down for a game.

All that being said, we still managed to have one of the top performing defenses in the state and lost that one game without a QB by 8 points and bid you go back and look at the film..,Blake Best caught that ball in the zone and controlled it before getting hit, should have been ruled a touchdown period! That left a two point game.

Conclusion to my point...we could have 40 bodies on the roaster and 15 or do May only touch the field a few times a year and only at nonessential points. Saying teams win or loose at this level based on depth is more like playing craps...all goes well than your are gonna walk away winning, then again you could crap out!

I think your post has a lot of merit and it's certainly heing intellectually honest. Here is the only caviot I would add...I spent all evening going over last years rooster and the hudl films from last year and this is the very interesting thing I found:

> Kountze had 36 on Varsity last year
> In 95% of all plays Kountze used the same 24 players
> Kountze has 28 players currently assigned to Varsity.
> the only positions we will see go both ways are a few skill positions as long as we stay healthy.
> our offensive line is much better off than last year aswell as out defensive line.
> last year we took zero in jury's on either line, our injurys came from an outside LB and a middle LB positions on defense and on the offensive side we had our QB down for a game.

All that being said, we still managed to have one of the top performing defenses in the state and lost that one game without a QB by 8 points and bid you go back and look at the film..,Blake Best caught that ball in the zone and controlled it before getting hit, should have been ruled a touchdown period! That left a two point game.

Conclusion to my point...we could have 40 bodies on the roaster and 15 or do May only touch the field a few times a year and only at nonessential points. Saying teams win or loose at this level based on depth is more like playing craps...all goes well than your are gonna walk away winning, then again you could crap out!

What did the rooster think about all this?

First off to say u had one of the best defense in state i think is a stretch but one of the best in district. I have a hard time rationalizing that a team had one of the best Ds in state but finished 4th in their district.

Also i completly disagree with ur depth opinion..i think at this level or any level its a huge advantage to have good depth

First off to say u had one of the best defense in state i think is a stretch but one of the best in district. I have a hard time rationalizing that a team had one of the best Ds in state but finished 4th in their district.

Also i completly disagree with ur depth opinion..i think at this level or any level its a huge advantage to have good depth

He said one of the top performing.. Which statistically they were.. He didn't say one of the best..