Dove, I am wondering

stevenash

Believe me I have mingled with the natives a lot more than you have as well have read  plenty of literature on the Native American culture in my home library.  I grew up learning about my ancestors from my elders and taking trips to reservations. Doesn't make me an expert on their culture, but I know a thing or two about the Native American Culture and the importance of the land.  Just like Native Americans I take pride in knowing my heritage.

I also live off the land in similar ways that the native americans did.....I don't live in a concrete jungle like yourself.

you ever track, call, and kill an animal, gut it, clean it, cook it, eat it?  Use as much of the animal as possible.  you ever grow and nurture a garden?  you ever pay attention to the weather?  can you name birds by their call?. 

Don't be fooled cause Im typing a comment on a forum.

Glad it took someone to convince you to not liter.

Believe me I have mingled with the natives a lot more than you have as well have read  plenty of literature on the Native American culture in my home library.  I grew up learning about my ancestors from my elders and taking trips to reservations. Doesn't make me an expert on their culture, but I know a thing or two about the Native American Culture and the importance of the land.  Just like Native Americans I take pride in knowing my heritage.

I also live off the land in similar ways that the native americans did.....I don't live in a concrete jungle like yourself.

you ever track, call, and kill an animal, gut it, clean it, cook it, eat it?  Use as much of the animal as possible.  you ever grow and nurture a garden?  you ever pay attention to the weather?  can you name birds by their call?. 

Don't be fooled cause Im typing a comment on a forum.

Glad it took someone to convince you to not liter.

LOL!! In our culture, everybody says they have Indian in their blood. Yeah I've tracked an animal. Had to recently track a possum in my attic.Gut & clean? Nope!Cook & eat? Yep! I pay attention to the weather all the time, Doppler Radar. Yeah, I can name a few birds by their call, especially the owl.  :P

LOL!! In our culture, everybody says they have Indian in their blood. Yeah I've tracked an animal. Had to recently track a possum in my attic.Gut & clean? Nope!Cook & eat? Yep! I pay attention to the weather all the time, Doppler Radar. Yeah, I can name a few birds by their call, especially the owl.  :P

Not everybody, but certainly a left wing nut case like Elizabeth Warren used that lie to get elected.

there s nothing LOL about it......

Stick to basketball something you have more knowledge in

And like I said it is watered down....so what, at least I know about my family tree and the culture.

and I from your sarcasm....you get my point.

"and I from your sarcasm....you get my point."  Ah no, I don't get your point. 

Opps, I forgot to mention. My dad is from Shawnee, Ok!!!  ;)

Dove, since you claim that where your father was born has some impact on your ability to identify with the Indians, I want to pose a question to you.  Many years ago, I played a lot of night time basketball on 2nd street in Orange and was the only caucasian within 6 blocks of the basketball court.  Would that make me  more likely to understand how a person of color feels about things?

As if you have never (repeatedly) called out "lefties using the lefty playbook". That being said, the owner of the site, in his decision to make me a moderator, appointed me a part of the "topic police". fortunately, i'm not strict about it, or you would have been banned years ago for breaking forum rules several times a week for not staying on topic. personally, my main motivation in bringing these up is to keep debates going with you, because i enjoy them, only to so often see them thrown off in some random direction.

As to your question, which i really shouldn't even answer, the issues are wholly unrelated, and i personally think it's assinine when people take a "trivial" issue that some in the government are working on, throw out a separate issue that they feel is more important, and then make the assumption that the government either can't work on two issues at once, or infer that they're super busy on the simple issue and thus cant get around to the more important issue.

kmsl. He always switches the topic to Benghazi or entitlements.

I already answered this. The past 2-3 years I've stopped on the reservations on my way to Vegas. Very proud people. I try not to litter as much now after this lady gave me a speech on the importance of the land. Everytime I attempt to litter her voice resonates in my conscience.  :)

Whatever.....lol

You are just old and remember the Indian don't litter comercial......

KAB-Litter-PSA-300x213.jpg

Dove, since you claim that where your father was born has some impact on your ability to identify with the Indians, I want to pose a question to you. Many years ago, I played a lot of night time basketball on 2nd street in Orange and was the only caucasian within 6 blocks of the basketball court. Would that make me more likely to understand how a person of color feels about things?

didnt you play with my dad, Howard Bosha, he mentioned something about it. The answer is no, just because you played basketball with black guys doesnt make you sensitive to the issues they face. My dad thought you were a good guy until I told him you were an a-hole.

didnt you play with my dad, Howard Bosha, he mentioned something about it. The answer is no, just because you played basketball with black guys doesnt make you sensitive to the issues they face. My dad thought you were a good guy until I told him you were an a-hole.

Hmmmm...not a very Christian presence you're projecting BG...weren't you trying to do that a while back? 

interesting.....Your Dad met the man, played ball with him and thought he was a good guy.

You read his post, see he does not agree with you, never looked him in the eye and call him an a-hole(which breaks forum rules but apparently moderators do not care)

So.....it looks like you are saying you are a great judge of character but apparently your Father is a poor judge of character......

interesting.....Your Dad met the man, played ball with him and thought he was a good guy.

You read his post, see he does not agree with you, never looked him in the eye and call him an a-hole(which breaks forum rules but apparently moderators do not care)

So.....it looks like you are saying you are a great judge of character but apparently your Father is a poor judge of character......

You're right about that...the rules are broken all the time.

Of course he was wrong. You can tell a lot more about a person you dont even know by his political values expressed on a message board than your father can after playing basketball with a man for many years and also having hundreds of conversations with him at HJ basketball games. I commend you on your unique capabilities.

I am saddened by your description of me. You recently told us on this board that you had re-dedicated your life to Christ. Is this part of that re-dedication?

I am saddened by your description of me. You recently told us on this board that you had re-dedicated your life to Christ. Is this part of that re-dedication?

Steven, when people are not smart enough to respect others opinions, name calling is really the only defense they have. We do not agree on everything, but I never resort to name calling.....as you have just as much right to an opinion as I do.

Of course he was wrong. You can tell a lot more about a person you dont even know by his political values expressed on a message board than your father can after playing basketball with a man for many years and also having hundreds of conversations with him at HJ basketball games. I commend you on your unique capabilities.

LOL!! In our culture, everybody says they have Indian in their blood. Yeah I've tracked an animal. Had to recently track a possum in my attic.Gut & clean? Nope!Cook & eat? Yep! I pay attention to the weather all the time, Doppler Radar. Yeah, I can name a few birds by their call, especially the owl. :P

lol