Dove, I am wondering

stevenash

Why has there been no uproar about "redskins" until now?  They have been "threw" this for many many years.

Because they saw how people who practice the gay lifestyle use "civil rights" as the basis for their movement to mainstream (no, maybe I am wrong, they have now made being gay the preferred lifestyle) their life choice and this has emboldened everyone that everything is now on the table to be dealt with and "made right" in their eyes!

I am not black so I don't know what it's like to be black. I am neither American Indian, Jewish, Muslim, a war veteran, gay, a sexual assault victim, a cancer patient, etc. the list goes on. So what's your point? Must everyone has there own personal stories or challenges.

I am not black so I don't know what it's like to be black. I am neither American Indian, Jewish, Muslim, a war veteran, gay, a sexual assault victim, a cancer patient, etc. the list goes on. So what's your point? Must everyone has there own personal stories or challenges.

Does not matter that you are not a part of any group you mentioned above. This country was built on (individual) personal stories and challenges. Everyone can and should relate to this, if they really want to, of course  ;)

Does your life experience entitle you to something to which others should not be entitled?  And what on earth do your life experiences have to do with the Senate not dealing with a 3 page bill that would make it easier to fire incompetent VA employees?

the real question is what does the topic (That you started) of this thread have to do with senators dealing with a 3 page bill that would make it easier to fire incompetent VA employees? The answer of course is very little.

the real question is what does the topic (That you started) of this thread have to do with senators dealing with a 3 page bill that would make it easier to fire incompetent VA employees? The answer of course is very little

The answer for you, seemingly the self appointed topic police, is very little.  My point was that I felt it was more important to get the VA situation righted than it is to change the name of a professional football team.  Am I wrong ?

The answer for you, seemingly the self appointed topic police, is very little.  My point was that I felt it was more important to get the VA situation righted than it is to change the name of a professional football team.  Am I wrong ?

As if you have never (repeatedly) called out "lefties using the lefty playbook".  That being said, the owner of the site, in his decision to make me a moderator, appointed me a part of the "topic police".  fortunately, i'm not strict about it, or you would have been banned years ago for breaking forum rules several times a week for not staying on topic.  personally, my main motivation in bringing these up is to keep debates going with you, because i enjoy them, only to so often see them thrown off in some random direction. 

As to your question, which i really shouldn't even answer, the issues are wholly unrelated, and i personally think it's assinine when people take a "trivial" issue that some in the government are working on, throw out a separate issue that they feel is more important, and then make the assumption that the government either can't work on two issues at once, or infer that they're super busy on the simple issue and thus cant get around to the more important issue. 

We have a problem with the halftime show, because of the gays, but no problem with the racial slur for the team name.  And then claim the gays, and not our attitudes, are ruining the country.  Did i get that right?

You made a statement that wrong turns right if it lasts long enough (sarcasm I'm sure) and I pointed out that homosexuality is wrong but for some reason is now becoming accepted behavior, apparently because we are becoming a more "enlightened" society.

Nice dodge on addressing my point...you are doing the exact thing you accuse others of.

I never said gays were ruining the country, try not to be so over the top in your responses.

A democrat in the Senate stated that they needed more time to digest the three page bill .  If you accept that, I think you are approaching this similarly to when you first suggested to me that the IRS problem was just a couple of rogue agents.  You and I both know ( or maybe you really don't) that the Senate is more than capable of dealing with a three page bill very quickly, particularly when the house passed it by an overwhelming margin. Hmmm, I wonder, just wonder, if there are political motivations behind not dealing with the bill?  Furthermore, I am not a fan of the Senate getting involved in private business operations anyway.  They have proven and demonstrated they are quite incompetent when it comes to business.  Once again, I suggest to you that those that signed their name to the name change letter are simply showboating because mid terms are close at hand. By the way, if you were strict about subject change on this board ( and of course, consistent) you would have to have banned the great majority of participants.

You made a statement that wrong turns right if it lasts long enough (sarcasm I'm sure) and I pointed out that homosexuality is wrong but for some reason is now becoming accepted behavior, apparently because we are becoming a more "enlightened" society.

Nice dodge on addressing my point...you are doing the exact thing you accuse others of.

I never said gays were ruining the country, try not to be so over the top in your responses.

that's the prevailing view on this site... many, many on here have directly or indirectly said as much.  not sure how me bringing that up is over the top.

As if you have never (repeatedly) called out "lefties using the lefty playbook".  That being said, the owner of the site, in his decision to make me a moderator, appointed me a part of the "topic police".  fortunately, i'm not strict about it, or you would have been banned years ago for breaking forum rules several times a week for not staying on topic.  personally, my main motivation in bringing these up is to keep debates going with you, because i enjoy them, only to so often see them thrown off in some random direction. 

As to your question, which i really shouldn't even answer, the issues are wholly unrelated, and i personally think it's assinine when people take a "trivial" issue that some in the government are working on, throw out a separate issue that they feel is more important, and then make the assumption that the government either can't work on two issues at once, or infer that they're super busy on the simple issue and thus cant get around to the more important issue. 

Luckily he hasn't been banned. Always changing the topics.  :lol:

Hmmmm, reminds me of the undercover hypocrites who frown upon those interracial relationships. Saying its wrong