Dove, I am wondering

stevenash

Yea right...interracial relationships are exactly the same as homosexual relationships.

Is everything with you always about race?

Dumb post.

My post is only dumb to those who feel threaten by change. My point is that your mentality sounds very familiar to those groups of people who have historically wanted to EXCLUDE  ;)

Dove, perhaps you and Bullets should have me banned. I know that my world, at that point, will end. Only problem is you will have to come up with someone else to "discriminate" against.

I want you around, we have interesting debates (at least until you change the subject). You referred to me as the "self-appointed topic police", and I just wanted to point out that not only am I not self-appointed, but part of my duties as a mod on here is in fact to police topics.

My post is only dumb to those who feel threaten by change. My point is that your mentality sounds very familiar to those groups of people who have historically wanted to EXCLUDE  ;)

My mentality was about not agreeing with sinful behavior...it had nothing to do with race...you brought it up...and my point still had nothing to do with race.

Nice try.

Redskins is not slur......I come from the Comanche Indian bloodline.

It is not a slur.....let me repeat myself......it is not a slur.

Do some studying and read your history

oversensitive people.......find something else to cry about....WHINERS.

The injustice to native americans came when Europeans came over and brought diseases and took the native American lands and put them on reservations.

Redskin is just a term no more no less

just like BLACK and WHITE

Redskins is not slur......I come from the Comanche Indian bloodline.

It is not a slur.....let me repeat myself......it is not a slur.

Do some studying and read your history

oversensitive people.......find something else to cry about....WHINERS.

The injustice to native americans came when Europeans came over and brought diseases and took the native American lands and put them on reservations.

Redskin is just a term no more no less

just like BLACK and WHITE

lol!!!  I bet you won't stop in New Mexico or Arizona with that mess!!!!! I've talked to several natives out that way. They are a very proud people AND they don't forget their history

this whole redskin thing is a classic example of the LEFT trying to bully their way upon everyone.

I ve never seen a president until now that dabbles in so many sports related issues.

And this issue is all about a movement......like most of the lefts issues....

CHANGE!!! Its hard for all of us to see change, especially a social change. By 2040..hmmm? By 2025, yall gonna be jumping out of windows again.

what mess are you talking about!!!!

Like I said I come from the Comanche Bloodline.....

Oh I see the change......how could anyone miss it.....Radical President elected twice.....abortion.....gay movement......everythings a slur now days.....oh I see the change.

but I guess since so many people are changing it makes it RIGHT.....

Im not a follower of people.....im a follower of Jesus Christ.....and yes I do sin just like all of us....but im not following or supporting laws/people that go against those teachings all because of CHANGE.

Narrow is the way.

what mess are you talking about!!!!

Like I said I come from the Comanche Bloodline.....

Oh I see the change......how could anyone miss it.....Radical President elected twice.....abortion.....gay movement......everythings a slur now days.....oh I see the change.

but I guess since so many people are changing it makes it RIGHT.....

Im not a follower of people.....im a follower of Jesus Christ.....and yes I do sin just like all of us....but im not following or supporting laws/people that go against those teachings all because of CHANGE.

Narrow is the way.

At what point does your pedigree hit the Native American bloodline? Your mother or father? Your gr-grandparents? gr-gr-gr-gr-gr- grandparents?

yes my bloodline may be watered down, but it doesn't mean I don't know my lineage or the history of the term "redskin"

1. its a racial descriptor just like "black" and "white"....farmer, sexy, doctor, tall, fat, etc.

2. common term of reference

3. native American chiefs referred to themselves and tribes as "redskins" in context of signing treaties

Also since Redskin is such a slur then I guess Oklahoma better change its name to something else since it means "red people" in Choctaw.

Also there are several h.s. teams with the team name Redskin and one of those is in ARIZONA and guess what the majority race is?????

Are you offended when the word "black" is used

Im white (though my skin is brown due to genetics) and im not offended by the term "white" when used.

Im sure there are some native americans that are offended.

My issue isn't the change in name of the NFL team, mine is the Left movement. " If i cry and whine enough then eventually I get my way" approach.  like a bunch of dang toddlers and this issue is a classic example....Native Americans getting used is what s happening here.  Native Americans are offended by how they're ancestors where treated, how their lands were taken, their buffalo executed, the lack of respect of nature by the white man. 

This wasn't an issue for a long time....why now????  Must be that change Obama was talking about.

Is there any "tough skinned" people left out there....oh wait I better not write that they may get offended.....oh never mind they're "tough skinned"

I don't blame the Native Americans for jumping on surf board to ride this tidal wave out.......their way of winning something  because they (ancestors ) lost so much. 

Most Native Americans were very spiritual beings and I highly doubt that most are truly offended by this name, but have unresolved issues dealing with the past treatment of their people.

I don't blame the Native Americans for jumping on surf board to ride this tidal wave out.......their way of winning something  because they (ancestors ) lost so much. 

Most Native Americans were very spiritual beings and I highly doubt that most are truly offended by this name, but have unresolved issues dealing with the past treatment of their people.

Dude, you need to get out from behind the desk and mingle with the "natives."

Please tell us how frequently you mingle with the natives.

I already answered this. The past 2-3 years I've stopped on the reservations on my way to Vegas. Very proud people. I try not to litter as much now after this lady gave me a speech on the importance of the land. Everytime I attempt to litter her voice resonates in my conscience.  :)

I already answered this. The past 2-3 years I've stopped on the reservations on my way to Vegas. Very proud people. I try not to litter as much now after this lady gave me a speech on the importance of the land. Everytime I attempt to litter her voice resonates in my conscience.  :)

So...not much.  ;)