Hull-Daisetta Bobcats AD/HC Finney to Step Down!

Coach Finney announced to his players today he will be stepping down. Coach Finney once again shows he is classy, giving HD a chance to get going on hiring his replacement. Finney has done an outstanding job since taking the position! Finney came in and right away developed a top tier culture, based on hard work, integrity, discipline and accountability. In two seasons, HD won back to back undefeated District Championships under Finney. Under Finney the Bobcat pride and tradition was rekindled to a stellar level. Finney made it a personal mission to upgrade the athletic facilities and provide top of the line equipment for the kids at HD. During Finney's tenure HD obtained a new field house, weight room, locker room, players lounge, uniforms, equipment and concession stands. Finney also built up the culture of all HD sports, including the girl programs. The biggest thing Finney accomplished was turning decent kids into good young men. These young men will forever be better individuals for being Coached by Finney. Furthermore, the blessed Coach that takes over this program at HD, will be walking into a strong well built culture, ready to win and get better. I heard straight from the horses mouth, HD is not lacking any current or future talent, this is a personal family based move, that is needed at this time. I have talked with several Coaches highly interested in the HD position, there will be a strong interest as usual. Myself and many others in the community, would love to see Stan Hodges and Randy Birdwell get interviews and consideration. Coach Hodges was at HD years back and brings toughness, discipline and high expectations. Randy Birdwell is a HD alumnus that brings smarts, dedication and valuable grooming from Darrell Barbay. Coach Finney leaves HD Nation in a great State, better and more improved than it was. Thanks Coach Finney, it was an honor and privilege to have you here at HD!

Coach Finney announced to his players today he will be stepping down. Coach Finney once again shows he is classy, giving HD a chance to get going on hiring his replacement. Finney has done an outstanding job since taking the position! Finney came in and right away developed a top tier culture, based on hard work, integrity, discipline and accountability. In two seasons, HD won back to back undefeated District Championships under Finney. Under Finney the Bobcat pride and tradition was rekindled to a stellar level. Finney made it a personal mission to upgrade the athletic facilities and provide top of the line equipment for the kids at HD. During Finney's tenure HD obtained a new field house, weight room, locker room, players lounge, uniforms, equipment and concession stands. Finney also built up the culture of all HD sports, including the girl programs. The biggest thing Finney accomplished was turning decent kids into good young men. These youngmen will forever be better individuals for being Coached by Finney. Furthermore, the blessed Coach that takes over this program at HD, will be walking into a strong well built culture, ready to win and get better. I heard straight from the horses mouth, HD is not lacking any current or future talent, this is a personal family based move, that is needed at this time. I have talked with several Coachs highly interested in the HD position, there will be a strong interest as usual. Myself and many others in the community, would love to see Stan Hodges and Randy Birdwell get interviews and consideration. Coach Hodges was at HD years back and brings toughness, discipline and high expectations. Randy Birdwell is a HD alumnus that brings smarts, dedication and valuable grooming from Darrell Barbay. Coach Finney leaves HD Nation in a great State, better and more improved than it was. Thanks Coach Finney, it was an honor and priviledge to have you here at HD!

Good stuff H.D. Bobcat 55, Well said.

Coach Finney announced to his players today he will be stepping down. Coach Finney once again shows he is classy, giving HD a chance to get going on hiring his replacement. Finney has done an outstanding job since taking the position! Finney came in and right away developed a top tier culture, based on hard work, integrity, discipline and accountability. In two seasons, HD won back to back undefeated District Championships under Finney. Under Finney the Bobcat pride and tradition was rekindled to a stellar level. Finney made it a personal mission to upgrade the athletic facilities and provide top of the line equipment for the kids at HD. During Finney's tenure HD obtained a new field house, weight room, locker room, players lounge, uniforms, equipment and concession stands. Finney also built up the culture of all HD sports, including the girl programs. The biggest thing Finney accomplished was turning decent kids into good young men. These youngmen will forever be better individuals for being Coached by Finney. Furthermore, the blessed Coach that takes over this program at HD, will be walking into a strong well built culture, ready to win and get better. I heard straight from the horses mouth, HD is not lacking any current or future talent, this is a personal family based move, that is needed at this time. I have talked with several Coachs highly interested in the HD position, there will be a strong interest as usual. Myself and many others in the community, would love to see Stan Hodges and Randy Birdwell get interviews and consideration. Coach Hodges was at HD years back and brings toughness, discipline and high expectations. Randy Birdwell is a HD alumnus that brings smarts, dedication and valuable grooming from Darrell Barbay. Coach Finney leaves HD Nation in a great State, better and more improved than it was. Thanks Coach Finney, it was an honor and priviledge to have you here at HD!

Good stuff H.D. Bobcat 55, Well said.

Thanks jbd44, glad there are still good folks on here that get my post.

Upgrade the athletic facilities? This is reference a statement made in his initial post, but I didn't feel like quoting the whole diatribe. Your baseball facility is worse than most little league parks. The gym is a dive. Can you justify that statement?

Don't think I listed the gym or baseball park on my post. Rome was not built in a day. And dude, your from Chester... do yall have anything other than dirt. lol. Oh, I did fail to mention Finney had new breakaway basketball goals installed in the gym. The expensive ones that are suspened up in the raptors, then lowered for warming up. Chester... lmao! Did you even read the facilities part lol. SMH!

Finney made it a personal mission to upgrade the athletic facilities and provide top of the line equipment for the kids at HD.

That was from your post. Would the gym and baseball field not be listed under "athletic facilities"? Did I say anything about the facilities at Chester (by the way we live in Evadale)? You made a statement, and I was asking you to justify it. If you need to spray insults and cast dispersions toward another city - have at it.

Finney made it a personal mission to upgrade the athletic facilities and provide top of the line equipment for the kids at HD.

That was from your post. Would the gym and baseball field not be listed under "athletic facilities"? Did I say anything about the facilities at Chester (by the way we live in Evadale)? You made a statement, and I was asking you to justify it. If you need to spray insults and cast dispersions toward another city - have at it.

You took care of the insulting a city part. "Your baseball facility is worse than most little league parks. The gym is a dive". Wow some folks! lol!

Stan Hodges has a ton of experience, he has Coached in 35 playoff games. He turned around a Kountze football program that was below par for decades. Stan Hodges helped win a 5A State football Championship at Converse Judson. Randy Birdwell is a very smart, professional and dedicated Coach. Randy is very passionate about HD football, growing up in HD he knows the love for the red and black. Randy has been on Darrell Barbay's staff for years, who better to mold him into a great leader. Both men would do a great job, let's pray they get a fair shake. Finney got HD NATION back, now we need that motivation and grit to go win some playoff games. Good luck yall!

Good luck to Coach Finney and his family in the future. Thanks for what you did for Hull-Daisetta and the kids you helped along the way.

Josh is leaving because of family matters and knowing the situation, makes me have even more respect and admiration for the guy. I never thought he'd last at HD more than a couple two or three years becasue honestly, the guy is too damn talented to be at a 1A school. He's solid on X's and O's, but as far as motivating kids, building a culture and involving the community, he's the best I've ever seen.

Again, good luck Coach!

I'd love Coach Hodges or Birdwell as well. Two totally different guys with different methods and experiences, but both bring alot to the table with ties to HD. Hopefully whoever comes continues to move the program in the right direction.

You say he is leaving for personal reasons, I guess losing next year would be very personal to me as well. He is smart get out while your on top. I have seen the whats left of next years varsity and the sub par varisty level. This is not a negative post, just a honest outlook. Finney did do a great job. Best of luck.

You say he is leaving for personal reasons, I guess losing next year would be very personal to me as well. He is smart get out while your on top. I have seen the whats left of next years varsity and the sub par varisty level. This is not a negative post, just a honest outlook. Finney did do a great job. Best of luck.

This years team will be better than the last two years. Finney told me that face to face. There is talent in HD for the next 4 years for sure. Funny how some folks want there to be none. Our JV did a good job, most of our young stud JV players had to be moved up to Varsity, lots of injuries last season. That really left the JV team exposed and with low numbers.