Umpire chatter!!

Best I ever saw was a Home plate umpire tossing a kid for arguing strikes and balls. The ump wrung this kid up on an inside pitch (it was a strike, I had no dogs in the fight, just watching a good HS baseball game) and the kid took his bat and drew a line in the dirt where he thought the pitch was. He then yelled at the ump, "That's not a strike right here!". The ump calmly asked for his bat, drew a line in the dirt from the batters' box all the way to the dugout. He then drew an X in the dirt in front of the bench and leaned his bat on the bench, then told the kid, "You, right here, rest of the game". Everyone was silent in the moment, but it sure made for some laughs once the game resumed. Coach didn't argue and the kid was so stunned he just sat down and watched the rest of the game. Instant Classic!!

Had a coach continue to argue wanting a balk called on an opposing pitcher.  This continued basically the entire game.   Got to the point where I had enough.   I called the coach over and told him that if he wanted to get a ruling from the umpire - in - charge ( was working a select tourney) that he could meet him in the umpire room at 12:30.    Funny thing is, the umpire - in - charge was ME.....   The look on his face was priceless when I opened the door.   Needless to say.....I ruled in favor of myself.

Calling a local 4A game hearing the CONSTANT "chatter" from "that" parent in the stands on my ball/strike calls. After the game heading to my truck the team's catcher yells at me "Hey blue my dad wants to talk to you" of course I am thinking this is going no where good. The dad sticks his hand out to shake mine and said "my son said you called a good game and I need to keep my mouth shut"..... I gave him the, I have kids too and I understand you get caught up in the moment reply.

Inside I was like WOW!!!

Playing a fall ball game in Carthage back in 01. We showed up and quickly found out the umps were former players. As in the graduated the year before. We won the first game but starting the next game the strike zone got VERY Large on oneside and VERY tight on the other. Parents chimed in as well as players. It quickly escalated to the point I got tossed for arguing balls and strikes. Our coach comes down the line and gets tossed. A few players start chiming in and he tosses the WHOLE team. Then wants to meet out in the parking lot and fight. We drove back to Livingston laughing the whole way. 

Hey blu, if they locked you up for being a umpire they would have a innocent man.....Whats wrong, ya glasses won't fit with your mask on.....all you need now is a monkey on a chain.....Did see a HS player come out of the dugout with his shirt over his head walking like a blind man AFTER a blown call, he did get the finger......

• 2 weeks later...

years ago i was at the plate. Pitcher throws a beautiful strike just inside the outside corner of the plate. Blue calls it a ball and realizes he missed it. Gets real mad at himself. next time i am batting the pitch is off the plate and high and he calls a strike. The next words out of his mouth are ( I owed you that one ) it still makes me laugh today!