**#11 SILSBEE vs. SHEPHERD**/SILSBEE WINS 4-1, advances

He did throw 102 tonight, Silsbee had a good plan. Same as everyone else all year. Just get on base anyway you can and then steal, because Shepherd will make a mistake. Not taking anything away from Silsbee, they are a good team. As far as the earned runs and hits go, I guess you can call them hits if you want but a few of those balls were errors. Same as the two balls that Shepherd hit at your third baseman, those should of been picked up for throw outs. Again, before you start bashing me, I am not taking anything away from Silsbee they played very good last night.

I almost forgot, Good Luck to Silsbee the rest of the way, your town has a very good team. It was nice to play against a team that has very good fans and they were very respectful. Nice to go to a game and see fan cheer for their team the right way. So thank you from the Shepherd Fans.

Players from both schools should remember this game. Not too often you see a Texas legend, Cooperstown and baseball icon in Nolan Ryan at your high school playoff game. Ryan signed hundreds of autographs and had many a picture taken after game last night. Pure class.

Also cool to see a big league manager in Astros Bo Porter in attendance and go out of his way to comment on the winning team. Awesome!

Not real sure what you mean but Kolek gave up 2 earned runs with 10 k's out of 21 total out. Griffin gave up 0 earned with 10 k's

1st run came after shepherd threw it over 3B when they had the runner in a rundown on a bunt.

2nd run came after shepherd dropped the ball in a rundown at 3B.  He then scored on a sac fly.  

3rd run came on a past ball/wild pitch

4th run came on an infield bunt, where the 3B just had to turn and tag the silsbee base runner.  Great bunt by that kid tho.  

1st run came after shepherd threw it over 3B when they had the runner in a rundown on a bunt.

2nd run came after shepherd dropped the ball in a rundown at 3B.  He then scored on a sac fly.  

3rd run came on a past ball/wild pitch

4th run came on an infield bunt, where the 3B just had to turn and tag the silsbee base runner.  Great bunt by that kid tho.  

this was the game I saw.....Silsbee was very aggressive and capitalized on almost every mistake Shepherd committed.  Very impressed, would have been easy to sit back and watch Tyler do his thing and nobody would have thought another thing about it. Yes several tigers got their K turned in but most battled and had way longer at bats than I expected, they made him throw a lot of pitches.  Good luck to the Tigers as they move on.

this was the game I saw.....Silsbee was very aggressive and capitalized on almost every mistake Shepherd committed.  Very impressed, would have been easy to sit back and watch Tyler do his thing and nobody would have thought another thing about it. Yes several tigers got their K turned in but most battled and had way longer at bats than I expected, they made him throw a lot of pitches.  Good luck to the Tigers as they move on.

thats the game I saw too...not disagreeing with that at all.  Personally I would have been surprised if silsbee would have just sat back in awe.  Never has seemed like their mentality.  They absolutely were the better team last night.  Both teams did a good job of putting the ball in play.   Silsbee made the plays in the field.  Shepherd didn't.  Either way Kolek has a heck of a bright future in front of him.  Seems like a great kid and he is a special talent.  

Kerry Wood has been to a few of Tyler's games, no too many people recognize him cause he has lost a bunch of weight.

That is awesome Nolan & Bo were there, unforgettable night for the kids..what was the reason for Kerry being there? Haven't heard about him in a while

And Kolek does not throw 97mph fast balls every pitch.  He has a slider in the upper eighties and a curve.  He has to show these pitches for the next level.  So, it is possible to hit his slidder and curve, not easy, but not a fast ball.