The Race Card

BLUEDOVE3

Donald Sterling proved how clueless he is (in addition to the deep-seeded hatred he harbors) in the Cooper interview. What has Magic Johnson done for the African American community??? Does the man ever read?? It was very telling to watch his interview and then watch Magic's. Two different classes of human beings.

As for Lebron and other players' "stances," they have every right to use their status to try to bring about something good and productive in the league in which they are employed. I applaud him and have much more respect for someone who uses their status as a platform rather than remaining silent. Great change requires action, even if it is merely by being heard.

My issue is this is America and everyone (No matter how we feel about them) is entitled due process. This is not a dictatorship (Nevermind King Obama is our leader) and now King James is the ruling party. This country is going to HELL and our civil liberties mean nothing.

You should join me in the ACLU!! 😀

Donald Sterling proved how clueless he is (in addition to the deep-seeded hatred he harbors) in the Cooper interview. What has Magic Johnson done for the African American community??? Does the man ever read?? It was very telling to watch his interview and then watch Magic's. Two different classes of human beings.

As for Lebron and other players' "stances," they have every right to use their status to try to bring about something good and productive in the league in which they are employed. I applaud him and have much more respect for someone who uses their status as a platform rather than remaining silent. Great change requires action, even if it is merely by being heard.

And if anyone have problems with the above statements, you need to re-evaluate your value system.

Didn't I see you in the Red Cross line getting free stuff, too?????

It's only free to those that haven't paid into the system (taxes) which I would bet dustoff03 has paid his share.

Too many people have the mindset that the fed gov is doing them some kind of favor when they return a tiny portion of what you paid in.

I say get all you can when you can...you'll never get your "fair share" back but the more you can get will leave less to be wasted by the fed gov.

It's only free to those that haven't paid into the system (taxes) which I would bet dustoff03 has paid his share.

Too many people have the mindset that the fed gov is doing them some kind of favor when they return a tiny portion of what you paid in.

I say get all you can when you can...you'll never get your "fair share" back but the more you can get will leave less to be wasted by the fed gov.

Interesting comments..Hmmm!!!

Dont be insulted by what Dove has asked you. His personal perception is that there is a certain "nobility" attached to those in line for the free stuff while those whose hard work and subsequent paid taxes( that provide the free stuff) are to be viewed with scorn and distrust ( except for professional athletes and Hollywood elite)

Live in Glass houses throwing stones, yet seeking FEMA  :lol: 

i have never received a thing from FEMA. when they visited my property after IKE and totaled it, they pretty much said you have insurance that covers this and went about their merry way. During Rita, my house was unharmed and since i have a home generator that runs off of natural gas, it was business as usual. my wife and kids went on an extended vacation to her parents and i went back to work. again, i did not receive nor did i ask for any assistance. 

and still paying. more every year at that.

Live in Glass houses throwing stones, yet seeking FEMA  :lol: 

OK Bigcam.......Comparing FEMA to a welfare/assistance program is not even in the same universe......

You should have already guessed I'm for welfare reform, as well as most if not all of the assistance programs....I think unemployment benefits go WAY to long.....

With that said, I do support FEMA and it's related programs. I think they are necessary for some folks. Government assistance should be temporary and short term. There just needs to be stricter guidelines for those who receive it. I also think you should lose FEMA benefits if you don't evacuate if free transportation and housing is provided.

Apparently this went way over the heads of many. I wasn't denouncing any reform or saying any particular person got assistance whether FEMA or whatever. The Glass House Statement only indicates that as long as you keep saying Good Morning, we all will need Assistance at some point. Even if it's just go cross the street or wipe your chin.

OK Bigcam.......Comparing FEMA to a welfare/assistance program is not even in the same universe......

You should have already guessed I'm for welfare reform, as well as most if not all of the assistance programs....I think unemployment benefits go WAY to long.....

With that said, I do support FEMA and it's related programs. I think they are necessary for some folks. Government assistance should be temporary and short term. There just needs to be stricter guidelines for those who receive it. I also think you should lose FEMA benefits if you don't evacuate if free transportation and housing is provided.

I'm getting too agreeable this week. Either I'm leaning  (God forbid) more conservative or yall (God willing) leaning left 

Apparently this went way over the heads of many. I wasn't denouncing any reform or saying any particular person got assistance whether FEMA or whatever. The Glass House Statement only indicates that as long as you keep saying Good Morning, we all will need Assistance at some point. Even if it's just go cross the street or wipe your chin.

I agree

Some are looked down on for receiving Assistance, but the same who Judge secretly have their hands out. Lots of Lawyers & Doctors Families accepting Aid rather than giving Aid. I saw it with my own eyes. Just Saying
Keep it 100 or should I say Tell the truth; for the Politically Correct.

Common $ense costs nothing, but Ignorance can cost you your Business(I won't say names) Lol

And we don't have to fight & argue about it.
Although we have never met, we have more of an understanding than many people I've known a long time. Football is back @ Ozen
Go Panthers!!! Lol

That is because we are both from Port Arthur....

One should never have to fight to get a point across.  I wish Ozen the best!